Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Tags
to colour gator of stitching how change gear

How To - Change colour of gear gator stitching

I thought i would show you howto change the color of the stitching
I used a bright red pen, when its got a shadow on it, it looks maroon, when the sun is shining it looks bright red.

Colors that would work great:

Red.
Yellow.
Black.
Light blue.
Bright green.
Orange.

You will need:
Red Sharpie.
Patience.

All you need to do is to use the sharpie as a brush rather than a pen and paint each individual stitch separately.
also i dot the pen in the needle hole between each stitch to make sure you dont miss any.

FINISHED:

Look forward to seeing this for those that don't want to muck about you can get it off ebay

red stitch FITS VAUXHALL OPEL ASTRA J MK6 2009+ LEATHER GEAR GAITER | eBay
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Have seen this in white which I want just don't know how to fit.
the cheapest and easy option is the fabric dylon marker you get real good results
it lasts a real long time
works real good on things like the gators but not recommended
on hard wearing areas like the steering wheel or seat bolsters
pictures updated
Rusty2009 Wrote:Look forward to seeing this for those that don't want to muck about you can get it off ebay

red stitch FITS VAUXHALL OPEL ASTRA J MK6 2009+ LEATHER GEAR GAITER | eBay

It probably takes 5-10 mins, well worth saving £20 and the hassle of fitting a new one IMHO :P
Anyone got a link to a good pen that can be used to colour the heat gator stitching white?

Thanks

Astra Energy 63 Plate 1.7 CDTI (150BHP)

Looks good but mine seams are black and i think that the result won't be so good...
Opel Astra J 1.3 ecoflex(ESSENTIA)
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B001B2OK...ric+marker

Would this pen be okay for colouring the stiching white?

You need a dylon fabric marker pen
Hmm there doesn't seem to be any dylon ones in white, just the one I posted above

You can not dye the stitching white
Just buy an after market or origami cover or gear nob
Will add it to the list haha. They're only £20 which ain't bad

Am currently in the process of doing this to my whole interior, half leather gtc interior. Will post some pics when done

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Illuminated gear knob for a tenner gazz292 8 7,359 26:th-Jul-2021, 13:18:36
Last Post: gazz292
  how to change gear knob number colours.. tucpal 9 15,230 29:th-Jun-2016, 08:59:32
Last Post: chrisb2511

Who read this thread?
1 User(s) read this thread:
iNeoTom (29:th-Feb-2024, 12:20:40)