Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
mods 6t performance 1

1.6t performance mods
Hi all,

Just curious as to what performance mods were available for the 1.6t. I don't here about this engine much and modifications are even rarer.

I'm currently planning what I want done so I can start putting together an order of things to do and so far my list is:

1) Exhaust (still to decide cat back/ full system etc)
2) Intake
3) FMIC
4) Stage 2 Remap

but I was wondering if there's anything extra I can do to get a bit more out of her. Any body know of anyone fitting bigger turbo? injectors? anything else?

And before the "should have bought a VXR" comments, my circumstances were different when I was buying. Plus, the build is often more exciting for me than driving so i'd prefer to buy an underdog and modify it over buying a fast car in the first place.

Any help appreciated! Thanks in advance!
Regal UK distribute the EDS IPF system (from Germany) . Its a flash tool with EDS Motorsport maps from stage 1-4. The stage maps open up depending on what supporting mods you have.
Pedal box?, stiffer suspension, take out back seats to make lighter, better brakes, good tyres, as you say a good intake, more fuel and bigger turbo, cam shaft upgrade, maybe something you can do with upgrading the valves, ngk spark plugs and leads, if you do most of this then you will want to upgrade the cooling system (obvious reasons) could bore out the engine and get bigger pistons and the lot. Ermmm go faster stripes always help :P hope this helps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Astra J GTC 2.0 CDTI A20 DTH Stage 1 Remap - Wayside Performance M222RJF 8 4,672 11:th-Sep-2020, 20:55:21
Last Post: badger64
  Power, performance and looks RVernon 1 2,553 16:th-Jul-2019, 13:45:07
Last Post: Rusty2009
  Best mods you've done to your J? marcus01 26 33,192 5:th-May-2019, 20:56:11
Last Post: Mickey88
  ECM "Upgrade" Recall Causing Performance Issue? Black_Cat 4 6,109 6:th-Nov-2016, 22:57:55
Last Post: Rusty2009
  New Mods sheppy1 43 18,584 20:th-Jan-2016, 21:50:38
Last Post: AlexFitton