VXOC Astra-J/GTC

Full Version: 1.6t performance mods
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

Just curious as to what performance mods were available for the 1.6t. I don't here about this engine much and modifications are even rarer.

I'm currently planning what I want done so I can start putting together an order of things to do and so far my list is:

1) Exhaust (still to decide cat back/ full system etc)
2) Intake
3) FMIC
4) Stage 2 Remap

but I was wondering if there's anything extra I can do to get a bit more out of her. Any body know of anyone fitting bigger turbo? injectors? anything else?

And before the "should have bought a VXR" comments, my circumstances were different when I was buying. Plus, the build is often more exciting for me than driving so i'd prefer to buy an underdog and modify it over buying a fast car in the first place.

Any help appreciated! Thanks in advance!
Regal UK distribute the EDS IPF system (from Germany) . Its a flash tool with EDS Motorsport maps from stage 1-4. The stage maps open up depending on what supporting mods you have.
Pedal box?, stiffer suspension, take out back seats to make lighter, better brakes, good tyres, as you say a good intake, more fuel and bigger turbo, cam shaft upgrade, maybe something you can do with upgrading the valves, ngk spark plugs and leads, if you do most of this then you will want to upgrade the cooling system (obvious reasons) could bore out the engine and get bigger pistons and the lot. Ermmm go faster stripes always help :P hope this helps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk