Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
cd300 dvd800 with replace navi

Replace CD300 with DVD800 NAVI
Hello everyone!
Today I began doing the impossible
My Insignia (Edition - 2nd trim) came from factory with CD300. And because I had a very good deal I bought a complete DVD800 NAVI (display, buttons, all cables possible, from the armrest also the cables and the plugs with USB etc).
But as I know it would need programing aftet the hard wiring install. And for programming it would request the code from Opel. Would Opel give me the code or not?

PS: the same retrofit I want to do with the instrument display (from small screen to the bigger one).

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
They should give it to you but as said you will need someone to wire it in correctly and request vci code well worth the effort
opel will only support the navi retrofit if the navi box is the same model year as your
  insignia,if this isnt the case then you have no chance getting it to work in your insignia.
I have the original cables with the DVD800 NAVI. And I am thinking not to cut the cables the car has now, but to attach the wires from DVD800 to the cables of the CD300. Doing this would be helpfull to install later an aftermarket navigation if I need.

(24:th-Aug-2016, 11:19:49)vxmods Wrote: opel will only support the navi retrofit if the navi box is the same model year as your
  insignia,if this isnt the case then you have no chance getting it to work in your insignia.
Then I must find a replacement? My car is 2010 and the nav box is 2009.
Didn't know that...

(24:th-Aug-2016, 11:20:44)Phlom Wrote: I have the original cables with the DVD800 NAVI. And I am thinking not to cut the cables the car has now, but to attach the wires from DVD800 to the cables of the CD300. Doing this would be helpfull to install later an aftermarket navigation if I need.

(24:th-Aug-2016, 11:19:49)vxmods Wrote: opel will only support the navi retrofit if the navi box is the same model year as your
Then I must find a replacement? My car is 2010 and the nav box is 2009.
Didn't know that...

no that 2009 setup will be compatible with your 2010 
Quote: no that 2009 setup will be compatible with your 2010 

Then I'll go on with this...

Mate that's slightly wrong they will only support it if it was fitted to your year of car.

So if it was fitted to say a 2010 model but not a 2012 model GM will refuse.

If it was fitted to say a 2010-2013 model it wouldn't matter what year car it come from.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Insignia DVD800 retrofit Paul2012 4 3,504 18:th-Jan-2021, 18:33:02
Last Post: Paul2012
  DVD800 to modern android conversion zzattack 9 11,917 29:th-Mar-2018, 16:42:36
Last Post: zzattack
  navi 600 stuck in bootloader mode drummerboy73 1 3,251 10:th-Feb-2018, 08:29:25
Last Post: Rusty2009

Who read this thread?
2 User(s) read this thread:
milozic (21:st-Sep-2023, 19:09:16), Azriel (7:th-Jul-2023, 15:31:15)