Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
issue long short fiesta ford

Long short Ford Fiesta issue
So my wife came today with an issue on her car.
Every time you lock the car by fob or key the boot pops open and the rear wiper moves & there is no front wipers at all.
Ive checked all fuses relays cleaned up the ground points to no avail.
I searched Google and came across the boot button issue, so I've taken that all apart and it was all good.
I removed the neg of the battery for a few hours hoping systems would reset but no. I've checked the grounds with a multi meter and there are reading 0.

I've not got a code reader :-(.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Sounds like it's shorting out somewhere. I would put money on the boot solenoid. My Focus used to let water in by the boot handle, which caused me some very rusty wiring for the number plate bulbs. Maybe it's something similar but instead of the wiring, it's playing havoc with the solenoid

Sent from my LG G4 using Tapatalk
Haha I get a reply on Vauxhall forum but none on any of the ford forums.

Yeah I came across the common water and boot handle issue. I've taken it all apart and it's bone dry, I checked the number plate lights and they are also dry checked all the plugs again bone dry.

If I unplug the rear wiper the car won't lock at all which to me would lead to an earth fault, but all earth's tested fine.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
At last I've fixed it, found a plug had the lock clip unlocked and was slightly out of the fords version of the BCM.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Where was the plug located and what year is the car
it was a 2010 MK7 fiesta Pre-facelift, the plug was located in the passenger footwell behind the glove box.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  long term plans mrtc 6 6,909 18:th-Apr-2016, 10:00:19
Last Post: mrtc
  anyone had a short shifter mrtc 2 3,314 6:th-Feb-2016, 16:59:38
Last Post: cornishtaz
  Long term investment Cameron UK 0 2,966 27:th-Sep-2014, 15:42:32
Last Post: Cameron UK
  How long do you plan to keep your Astra-J Rusty2009 39 17,474 3:rd-Apr-2014, 21:17:11
Last Post: Simon Templar