Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
long plans term

long term plans
this forum is only about astra j's, its brilliant for information about the astra j, however, i feel there is a huge by-product,
it has some amazing members, i used to be a member of a local car club, back when i was in my early 20's, had a daft 1.6l c2 vts that i killed the engine so i had put in a v6 from a 406 coupe (it had a quaife lsd, coilovers, 6 pot brakes,  light weight seats with rear removed,   we did loads of shows etc etc, but i didnt feel the members were like myself, here even though ive been through rough times bad due to epilepsy, i am still waiting for my licence, you guys have made me feel very welcome, i feel you lot are like me, car people, with petrol running through our veins, im not saying lets start another club.

what i am saying is, lets stay together, if at some point we all lose interest with astra j's lets not lose intrest with eachother. lets keep our friendship running, etc etc

p.s i sound so soppy, i dont mean to, i just really rate the friendship i have built with this club

On a serious note, I whole heartedly agree. I think the more meets that go on the better things will be.

Now.... Lay off the drink. You're a soppy drunk Haha.

Sent from my LG G4 using Tapatalk
I completely agree with you, you soppy bugger hehe. But yes I agree we should all keep in touch with the forum and the friendships we build along the way. Hopefully I will get to meet a lot more of you at PVS this year! I also started a thread for Trax but no interest as of yet...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(17:th-Apr-2016, 22:16:08)mrtc Wrote: this forum is only about astra j's, its brilliant for information about the astra j, however, i feel there is a huge by-product,
it has some amazing members, i used to be a member of a local car club, back when i was in my early 20's, had a daft 1.6l c2 vts that i killed the engine so i had put in a v6 from a 406 coupe (it had a quaife lsd, coilovers, 6 pot brakes,  light weight seats with rear removed,   we did loads of shows etc etc, but i didnt feel the members were like myself, here even though ive been through rough times bad due to epilepsy, i am still waiting for my licence, you guys have made me feel very welcome, i feel you lot are like me, car people, with petrol running through our veins, im not saying lets start another club.

what i am saying is, lets stay together, if at some point we all lose interest with astra j's lets not lose intrest with eachother. lets keep our friendship running, etc etc

p.s i sound so soppy, i dont mean to, i just really rate the friendship i have built with this club

I totally agree with you !
Very nice words & I couldn't agree more.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
You're not wrong mate! Been on here two or so years now and I speak to people daily which is more than I speak to friends I've known my entire life! I don't plan on getting rid of the J but would be good to keep in touch with those I've met and speak too daily even if the Js weren't the reason we got on so well to begin with

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Astra Energy 63 Plate 1.7 CDTI (150BHP)

maybe i hit the vodka a bit hard lol, meant what i said tho

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Car Plans for 2018 sparkyscfc74 5 5,260 23:rd-Jun-2019, 01:01:17
Last Post: umognog
  Long short Ford Fiesta issue Rusty2009 5 4,427 16:th-Dec-2016, 08:39:48
Last Post: Rusty2009
  sent off for licence, but my plans may change mrtc 5 5,015 23:rd-Apr-2016, 09:54:21
Last Post: andy2174
  Long term investment Cameron UK 0 2,955 27:th-Sep-2014, 15:42:32
Last Post: Cameron UK
  How long do you plan to keep your Astra-J Rusty2009 39 17,375 3:rd-Apr-2014, 21:17:11
Last Post: Simon Templar