Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
in ingress boot water

Water ingress in boot
Hi everyone. 
For 2 1/2 years I've had water entering into the car through the interior trim of the tailgate. Not sure how this is getting in but it's evident after it has rained heavily. 
The water seems to gather inside the tailgate structure and then enters the car through both of the two pop out plastic grey covers behind the tailgate lights. It's also come through the tailgate locking mechanism. The three drain holes are clear.
I notice it when the tailgate is opened fully and then the water drips out at varying rates.
It has now been into VX 15 times and had rear lights sealed, rear window re sealed etc etc and finally a brand new tailgate but the problem is unbelievably still there. Car is now out of warranty but its going in again next week - but I don't hold out much hope to be honest! 
Has anyone come across this problem before or know how to rectify it once and for all? It's driving me NUTS after all this time.
I have pictures but cannot figure out how to post them.
I'd get them to check the welded seams and also the gully that is covered with trim where the roof rack goes.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
have they changed the tailgate brake light the seals can go on them
also remove the black plastic cover at the top of the tail gate
and check the plastic caps are there
(16:th-Jul-2016, 18:32:15)tucpal Wrote: have they changed the tailgate brake light the seals can go on them
also remove the black plastic cover at the top of the tail gate
and check the plastic caps are there

Thanks for that  - I'll make sure they check these when I take it in next week. These may have been overlooked but I find it strange they have not come across it before at either of the 2 Wirral dealerships.

It would make my day to get this sorted out!
(16:th-Jul-2016, 18:31:51)Rusty2009 Wrote: I'd get them to check the welded seams and also the gully that is covered with trim where the roof rack goes.

Thanks. It's the actual tailgate/ hatch that the water is getting into and then out through the tailgate interior trim. 

I'll collect all comments and take them in with me next week. Hopefully good news will follow.
Go to elesmereport as they are better than Birkenhead for sure if you are going to lookers
(17:th-Jul-2016, 08:11:25)tucpal Wrote: Go to elesmereport as they are better than Birkenhead for sure if you are going to lookers

Yes - I realised that a while ago. It's EP for me. Thanks.
I Have water ingress in my boot (15 plate GTC) and terrible issues with freezing up on the inside

Ive been inside the boot today with the jet wash being blasted all around the seals, lights, windows of the rear of the car. Not a drip from anywhere

With the looks of the soaked (and smelly) boot floor - Water seems to be getting in behind the number plate. There is some plastic trim with sound deadening behind which is damp also. i can feel some vents behind the plastic trim which are all wet too

Does anyone know how to remove all this trim? Id like to have a look at these vents to see

Thank you
Pull the bottom out abit then pull the top up. pull the rubber off as it makes the job easier.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
I had this very same problem but found the where it's coming from. If you open the boot and look on car bitself where the boot hinges are there are 2 caps. One left and one on the right. The water was coming in through those for me. I found this out due to where the roof liner meets the boot it had came away and opening this a little more I could see new and old water marks directly under those caps at either side. Mine is going in tomorrow morning to get sorted. I'll add pictures shortly. Hopefully this will help others with the same problem.

As promised some pics of my boot leaking problem. Hope this helps anyone else with same problem

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Water leak in boot, spare wheel karl100100 12 8,815 27:th-Jan-2021, 12:49:34
Last Post: Big Dave2
  Water dripping AndyF79 6 4,303 20:th-Dec-2019, 23:04:34
Last Post: AndyF79
  Car boot. Spud7997 9 5,579 1:st-Feb-2019, 12:31:26
Last Post: Youngy93
  Faulty Boot Seams? ben. 2 4,165 24:th-Jan-2017, 18:34:36
Last Post: ben.
  Water Noise Sloshing sheppy1 22 23,966 15:th-Oct-2016, 11:16:57
Last Post: andy2174
  water ingress tucpal 5 10,224 29:th-Feb-2016, 15:29:47
Last Post: irishastraowner
  Boot noise?? Anyone help me?? LukeAstra15 4 5,226 16:th-Feb-2016, 21:38:45
Last Post: bhalay207
  water loss Migwell030744 3 4,841 19:th-Jan-2015, 09:47:47
Last Post: Rusty2009

Who read this thread?
2 User(s) read this thread:
madgerald1974 (9:th-Sep-2023, 17:30:49), kipper (20:th-Feb-2024, 02:22:46)