Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
n???? amp pipercross k or

Pipercross or K&N????
I want to change the standard filter to either a pipercross or K&N panel filter. Has anyone used either and can recomend one of them? Is there any difference apart from price? Pipercross about £10 cheaper.
K&N pipecross sag after a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
pipercross sag, k&n are better as above answer
Make sure you put the sticker on your airbox. And tell the garage when it goes for its service. When i had a citroen c2 the lads had to go in a skip for me to retrieve my k.n that they chucked lol

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk
K&N it is then! Thanks guys
Thing is. Ia it actually worth the money. It didnt really do ewt for the c2. Ill probilt get one when i eventually get an astra but im not convinced they do ewt

Hopefully does something for the money lol
http://www.nicoclub.com/archives/kn-vs-oem-filter.html

So basically dont bother with either lol keep the standard one
K&N filter what £45 count up the cost of each air filter to replace every 4yrs (which is far too long) say from dealers £15-20 the K&N will pay for it's self, but again it depend on how long you plan to keep the car.

When I fitted the K&N to mine it did make it sound a little more throaty and the air isn't as restricted.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
(10:th-Jul-2016, 05:57:45)chrisb2511 Wrote: So basically dont bother with either lol keep the standard one
Id say get one just dont be expecting 30bhp like what professor cox said on topgear lol

(10:th-Jul-2016, 08:26:15)mrtc Wrote:
(10:th-Jul-2016, 05:57:45)chrisb2511 Wrote: So basically dont bother with either lol keep the standard one
Id say get one just dont be expecting 30bhp like what professor cox said on topgear lol

Lmao
I have the K&N in my 2.0 cdti, its been in around 8000miles and looks just fine, no sags, had no issues at all
(10:th-Jul-2016, 09:58:25)andy2174 Wrote: I have the K&N in my 2.0 cdti, its been in around 8000miles and looks just fine, no sags, had no issues at all

Have you noticed any diffetence?
Have I noticed a difference ? none at all when my car is running standard boost, when I have fitted tuning boxes, I have noticed a very slight whoosh on lifting off the throttle

As for performance, nope, mpg ? doubt it !
(10:th-Jul-2016, 08:20:35)Rusty2009 Wrote: K&N filter what £45 count up the cost of each air filter to replace every 4yrs (which is far too long) say from dealers £15-20 the K&N will pay for it's self, but again it depend on how long you plan to keep the car.

When I fitted the K&N to mine it did make it sound a little more throaty and the air isn't as restricted.

Good point!

(10:th-Jul-2016, 01:05:35)mrtc Wrote: Make sure you put the sticker on your airbox. And tell the garage when it goes for its service. When i had a citroen c2 the lads had to go in a skip for me to retrieve my k.n that they chucked lol

Stupid question but i take it the sticker comes in the box?
Yeah

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pipercross VS K&N panel filter (Astra GTC 1.6T) Kieran 11 16,780 16:th-Oct-2016, 23:07:39
Last Post: sanj424
  Pipercross Universal Induction Kit SI SRI 7 6,079 26:th-Jun-2014, 18:18:28
Last Post: tucpal