Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
gearbox options engine and

Engine and Gearbox Options
So I have been looking at new cars just to pass the time of day but have noticed that there are far fewer options for Auto drivers than manual.

I love fast cars and have down sized cars to try and save money but the thirst fro more power always gets me.

I love my little GTC and cant fault it but I thought I wonder if there is a faster alternative for me.

I have to drive auto's now because of an accident and looked about to see what Vauxhall offered but in the GTC I am stuck with the 1.4t.

I have looked through the Astra range and I must say its very poor for people who driver auto's.

I wouldn't expect every engine variation to have an auto equivalent but surely you would expect a sporty version.

I might have to leave the Vauxhall ownership to find a nice car like the GTC but with a fast auto engine when it comes time to change.

Wont be happening any time soon tho haha
there is a new 1.6 turbo auto coming very soon on the astra k
If you would like something that looks similar to a GTC without breaking the bank you could go for a second hand Volkswagen Scirocco 1.4 TSI DSG. The Scirocco has more engine size options and the TSI has some oomph for a 1.4, of course they also have the 2.0l diesel engine.

I didn't know that Tucpal I will be keeping an eye out then.

I did look at the Scirocco stigeye but you have to pay for extras is you know what I mean. A guy my wife works with bought a 2 year old one and paid over £5k more than I paid for my GTC and he doesn't have half the kit I have like parking sensors, controls on the steering wheel.

It seems they have done away with the Diesel auto in the GTC too which is poor.

If and when I come to buy my next car I might just have to ask the question at Vauxhall if an auto box can be fitted to a more sporty model. GTC VXR with an auto box would be a dream haha but would never happen but if the 1.6t had an auto I would snap one up no problem.
should be on sale by the summer
If the astray 2.0 cdti auto was flappy paddel I'd want that but think it's a real auto hence crappie mpg
Haha yeah they are all auto and manual on the stick no paddle like on my accord.

I'm not bothered about it but now needing an auto I would want a sporty one and I do the Vauxhall brand would still love a nova lol