Switch to desktop version  
Engine and Gearbox Options - Printable Version

+- VXOC Astra-J/GTC (https://vxoc.org.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: General (https://vxoc.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://vxoc.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+--- Thread: Engine and Gearbox Options (/showthread.php?tid=2588)

Engine and Gearbox Options - bruce_19 - 17:th-Jun-2016

So I have been looking at new cars just to pass the time of day but have noticed that there are far fewer options for Auto drivers than manual.

I love fast cars and have down sized cars to try and save money but the thirst fro more power always gets me.

I love my little GTC and cant fault it but I thought I wonder if there is a faster alternative for me.

I have to drive auto's now because of an accident and looked about to see what Vauxhall offered but in the GTC I am stuck with the 1.4t.

I have looked through the Astra range and I must say its very poor for people who driver auto's.

I wouldn't expect every engine variation to have an auto equivalent but surely you would expect a sporty version.

I might have to leave the Vauxhall ownership to find a nice car like the GTC but with a fast auto engine when it comes time to change.

Wont be happening any time soon tho haha

RE: Engine and Gearbox Options - tucpal - 17:th-Jun-2016

there is a new 1.6 turbo auto coming very soon on the astra k

RE: Engine and Gearbox Options - stigeye - 17:th-Jun-2016

If you would like something that looks similar to a GTC without breaking the bank you could go for a second hand Volkswagen Scirocco 1.4 TSI DSG. The Scirocco has more engine size options and the TSI has some oomph for a 1.4, of course they also have the 2.0l diesel engine.

RE: Engine and Gearbox Options - bruce_19 - 17:th-Jun-2016

I didn't know that Tucpal I will be keeping an eye out then.

I did look at the Scirocco stigeye but you have to pay for extras is you know what I mean. A guy my wife works with bought a 2 year old one and paid over £5k more than I paid for my GTC and he doesn't have half the kit I have like parking sensors, controls on the steering wheel.

It seems they have done away with the Diesel auto in the GTC too which is poor.

If and when I come to buy my next car I might just have to ask the question at Vauxhall if an auto box can be fitted to a more sporty model. GTC VXR with an auto box would be a dream haha but would never happen but if the 1.6t had an auto I would snap one up no problem.

RE: Engine and Gearbox Options - tucpal - 17:th-Jun-2016

should be on sale by the summer

RE: Engine and Gearbox Options - mrtc - 17:th-Jun-2016

If the astray 2.0 cdti auto was flappy paddel I'd want that but think it's a real auto hence crappie mpg

RE: Engine and Gearbox Options - bruce_19 - 17:th-Jun-2016

Haha yeah they are all auto and manual on the stick no paddle like on my accord.

I'm not bothered about it but now needing an auto I would want a sporty one and I do the Vauxhall brand would still love a nova lol