Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
can key you of have numbers

Numbers of key you can have
Hi.
I own a Astra J GTC 2.0CDTi 165 Sport Eco.
 I have 3 keys for my new car. But the dealerships tells me that only 2 of them will be recognized by the immobilizer as it can only hold 2 keys..
I think that sounds odd that it is not possible to hold 3 or 4 keys..
As I remember the Vectra C could hold 4 keys..

I had a problem with my front p-sensors, they would not turn on. The dealership have fixed it, but now my cruise control dosen´t work.
I can turn it on (white light) but not engage (green light) 
Anybody that can shed a light to what the "monkey" mechanics have done.. I of cause need them to make it work again..

Thanks
this may be true i know the car will recognize only two keys
and alter certain settings to each key
rusty is the man to ask if 3 or 4 are possible
Old cars were so much better. My seat marbella could be opened and started with an old garden shed key i had. It came from a scrappy so we couldn't find the keys. Luckily the paperwork hadnt been done so i could just mot it and drive it

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk
I have 3 keys for mine with no problems at all.

As for your Cruise control they need to run trough the programming and configuration of the BCM.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
(12:th-Jun-2016, 07:38:23)Rusty2009 Wrote: I have 3 keys for mine with no problems at all.

I thought so with the keys. Dealership told there could only be 2 keys. Now I know it was because they were to lazy to code all the keys. again. B***** monkeys..

(12:th-Jun-2016, 07:38:23)Rusty2009 Wrote: As for your Cruise control they need to run trough the programming and configuration of the BCM.

They have been playing with the front p-sensores as they had made them dissapear when confirguration trailer hitch or forgot to put plug together in front bumper when giving the car undercoating. Now the Cruisecontrol dosen´t work.

I am not happy to say the least..
Dealerships are useless.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
I went to the dealership today to have them programme my 3 keys and fix my cruise control not engaging.

And guess what, they succeeded. Even though they initially told me only 2 keys could be coded to the car.

Monkey mechanics...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Xenon Headlight Part Numbers D92 5 5,335 15:th-Aug-2016, 17:37:30
Last Post: stigeye