Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Tags
to a nav900 the upgrade nav600 how

how to upgrade the NAV600 to a NAV900.
3D maps is ok but as you say not excellent
you can also have speed cams plenty of uk sites also do static and mobile speedcam locations on POI.S
but all the links do cover the uk static cams i have both mobile locations and staic
you can also alter the display theme if you wish
The speed cams is a good thing (mind you, I;m not paying £29.95 for a csv file of them...)

As for themes... I;m not a theme user, I still have Aero on win 7 x64 after 5 years on the laptop.. I;ve never been a "bells and whistles" person.

So, for me, the only real "plus factor" is the announced speed cam (POI) locations.

A couple of weeks ago I did the 600 to 900 upgrade so i could get the red background. Everything went great and worked superb. Yesterday my USB and SD stopped working. I get on screen at start up at warning as shown on attachment saying 'Unsupported UB device'. I have tried a soft reset by opening doors closing door turning off on etc and it never worked. I have disconnected the battery for 30mins and still the same. Would I be able to use the v208 update cd iso to try to fix this. I read somewhere this is a fix for it but dont want to try if its not compatible with the 600-900 update. Any ideas/suggestion/help much appreciated

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I upgraded my 600 to 900 last week and all worked great. I love the red background. Anyway yesterday my sd/usb stopped working and I get the attached message up. Do I need a new module or will I be able to use a v200 / v208 cd to upgrade the navi? I tried discconecting the battery ofr a 30mins and that didnt work but I did read online that the v208 update will sort this issue. Has anyone got any help please?

Thanks in advance

Matt

what so the navi is ok but that comes up when you load a usb stick up
I've ad this a few time.

A few steps to try.

1. pull the negative off the battery for 30mins.

if that fails

2. unplug all plugs from radio sd port and usb and replug them in.

if that fails

it's a new SD port.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Thanks for the quick replies and sorry for posting twice. I've pulled the neg for 30mins and unplugged the usb/sd leads all has failed. Looks like its a new usb unit then.
Thanks for the help

ps I did the v208 update and that didn't help, is there an easy way to get the red background on the v208 update?
Not a new USB unit a new sd unit.

The sd puts power to the USB.

I am guessing the Navi card is not being read tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
yes my SD card isnt being read so my sat nav isnt working. 
Also my usb/SD units are both in the same module as in pic so I would have to buy the whole thing.

Now Im on v208 is it possible to go back to v200 or get red background on v208. The blue/white just doesnt look good with the red dashlights

Ah ok so it's not an Astra then.

You can downgrade FM versions but you must be careful.

TBH I'd stick with v208 as it's the official Vauxhall release and just change the theme back, I take it you want the red/white theme that comes stock?

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
I had the red/blue theme but only used the red. I like the red carbon effect one from an earlier post. Is it easy to change the image pics in the iso
You would have to update it via USB.

If you find the theme you want download the package extract it, then in the bottom folder copy image22.uli and then paste it into your folder.

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Many thanks Rusty2009, I have just received my new sd/usb and reinstalled the v208 update with new image files. Everything is looking great again.

Thanks again

Your welcome glad you got it all sorted

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
I'm not sure if it's been repeated but can the speed cameras be loaded onto the nav 950?

Hello

I've tried to update the navi 600 to navi 900 like the inital post but when i've done the update via USB we wont gave an error just finished the update with sucess. I dind't do the part with the disc.

Now when i try to update i get this system version : M:14.07.18.18 N:1306.17.11

This means that i am already on the navi900?? because i cant see the option for 3D MAP.

I want to do this but im afraid now :

(10:th-Jul-2016, 12:23:56)tucpal Wrote:

So here are my new v200 nav900 themes with the correct poi icons 
and pop up speed cam image and the gray and red carbon themes
with the insignia startup animation and insignia standby logo
the night map has the starry night sky also.

Also i have installed 2015/2016 nav900 SD card 
the voice recognition does work for the maps, Usb, Dab, etc
i also added two missing wires to get the nav to hear me
but as it stands the nav talks to me but i still can not talk to it 
i am working on this problem still
the bluetooth mobile still works fine.  

.................start up animation....................

.....................standby logo.......................

........................day theme....................... 

......................night theme......................

...............rear rev cam...............

@tucpal if you help i will be very apreciate
If you can not see the 3d option next to the heads up 2d etc then it has not worked correctly
@tucpal do you have the files that you upgraded the themes as show on images??

I'm going to do it again the steps in the tutorial, but after that and if works i like to install the themes like you have.

Thanks again
@tucpal

It worked, i have now the 3D option available on the NAV menu, but there's one thing strange, when i inserted the SD CARD MAPS for the first time they won't update the maps like you told on this line :

INSERT THE NAV600 SD MAP CARD BACK INTO THE CAR
AND START THE SAT NAV IT WILL THEN REBOOT
AND FOLLOW THE ON SCREEN INSTRUCTIONS 
IT WILL THEN UPDATE THE SD MAP UPDATES FROM THE SD NAVI 600 MAPS CARD
AFTER THAT HAS COMPLETED THEN TURN THE NAV ON AND OFF.

The other thing is, i can't control over voice the USB, NAV it keep telling me this : The functionality is not installed for the language selected in the menus.

I already select english, spanish, german and the message is the same, but in the phone menu work's everything fine, make call, dial number.

Any idea??

Thanks
What year map card do you have anything over 2013 will update its no problem if you used v181 the that's 2010 2012. v200 2012 2013 v208 2014 2016 so the only reason my map card updated was I upgraded to 2016 maps
Okay,i see, my card map is from 2011/2012.

So how can i upgrade to 2016 Maps??
(19:th-Jan-2017, 14:34:48)_spo0n_ Wrote: Okay,i see, my card map is from 2011/2012.

Get a new SD card can buy them used on ebay.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
(20:th-Jan-2017, 13:00:29)Rusty2009 Wrote:
(19:th-Jan-2017, 14:34:48)_spo0n_ Wrote: Okay,i see, my card map is from 2011/2012.

I am getting new SD card MAPS for my car, 2016/2017. Will it be a problem to function now that I am on upgraded 600 navi (v208)? Any special actions or just plug and play?

And you stated also "buy them used onEbay" But is that possible to take over a used one? Thought when used was "assigned" to the car, or misunderstood that?

Thanks in advance!
(1:st-Feb-2017, 11:53:32)EagleForce Wrote:
(20:th-Jan-2017, 13:00:29)Rusty2009 Wrote:

I am getting new SD card MAPS for my car, 2016/2017. Will it be a problem to function now that I am on upgraded 600 navi (v208)? Any special actions or just plug and play?

And you stated also "buy them used onEbay" But is that possible to take over a used one? Thought when used was "assigned" to the car, or misunderstood that?

Thanks in advance!

Plug in allow the update add off you go.

No they aren't assigned (locked) can freely be reused.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Sorry to repeat myself but would the speed camera update work for the navi 950? @tucpal

(1:st-Feb-2017, 21:28:48)Rusty2009 Wrote: Plug in allow the update add off you go.

Really? They told me that can't be done, well, thanks for this info, made me happy.
So, I can copy (clone) my SD for back-up for if things would get corrupted the copy will work?
(2:nd-Feb-2017, 10:14:38)EagleForce Wrote:
(1:st-Feb-2017, 21:28:48)Rusty2009 Wrote: Plug in allow the update add off you go.

Really? They told me that can't be done, well, thanks for this info, made me happy.
So, I can copy (clone) my SD for back-up for if things would get corrupted the copy will work?

No you can't copy the SD card itself as that is locked it can be done but far too much hassle and you would have to buy a large amount of SD cards pre coded.

My fault I thought meant to locked to the Navi unit.

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
(2:nd-Feb-2017, 13:41:45)Rusty2009 Wrote: No you can't copy the SD card itself as that is locked it can be done but far too much hassle and you would have to buy a large amount of SD cards pre coded.

Could you send me a hint to where I could find this trick to copy/clone the protected card?

About the re-using, I was surprised. I read on internet that can only be used one time (SD-card), well, on 1 car to be more specific.
You say it an be used multiple times?
You need to read the code off the SD card and then have a company in China put that code onto SD card's.

But tbh the quantity you'd have to buy in makes it non viable.

Yes used on multiple cars but only one at time as the SD card must be in for the Navi to work.

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
(2:nd-Feb-2017, 19:51:04)Rusty2009 Wrote: You need to read the code off the SD card and then have a company in China put that code onto SD card's.

But tbh the quantity you'd have to buy in makes it non viable.

Yes used on multiple cars but only one at time as the SD card must be in for the Navi to work.

Thanks again!
(2:nd-Feb-2017, 14:21:43)EagleForce Wrote:
(2:nd-Feb-2017, 13:41:45)Rusty2009 Wrote: No you can't copy the SD card itself as that is locked it can be done but far too much hassle and you would have to buy a large amount of SD cards pre coded.

Could you send me a hint to where I could find this trick to copy/clone the protected card?

About the re-using, I was surprised. I read on internet that can only be used one time (SD-card), well, on 1 car to be more specific.
You say it an be used multiple times?
What do you mean with "on 1 car" ....if you say can buy used SD card then it could not be used because was already in 1 other car right? Sorry if I dont understand...........
You can buy a used SD card and it will work in your navi no problems.

What I mean by 1 car is just that the SD card has to be for the Navi system to run so I can't buy a card put it in mine and then give it to a mate to use.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
(5:th-Feb-2017, 08:26:07)Rusty2009 Wrote: You can buy a used SD card and it will work in your navi no problems.

What I mean by 1 car is just that the SD card has to be for the Navi system to run so I can't buy a card put it in mine and then give it to a mate to use.

Thanks again Rusty.
I don't quit get it, but that's my fault. Seems like I am reading a contradiction in it, but it's ok.
I guess some trigger don't come on in my head, and we shouldn't spoil this topic with my dumb thoughts hahaha.
Thanks M8!
Lol no no contradiction it might be the way I'm explaining it.

So you can buy a used navi SD card on eBay etc and it will work in your Navi.

The other part is just me saying the SD card must remain in you car for the Navi to function (I DON'T mean the radio).

So if you were to remove the SD card the Navi would not function.

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
(5:th-Feb-2017, 14:25:53)Rusty2009 Wrote: Lol no no contradiction it might be the way I'm explaining it.

So you can buy a used navi SD card on eBay etc and it will work in your Navi.

The other part is just me saying the SD card must remain in you car for the Navi to function (I DON'T mean the radio).

So if you were to remove the SD card the Navi would not function.

Aaaaaahh..........LOL !
We were both talking 'bout different things hahahaha
Now I get you M8!
I thought that was obvious it wouldn't work with no SD card in the NAVI, I wasn't talking about that. Now I get you.

However, they still told me that once it was injected in a NAVI car A, then coulnd't be used in another NAVI car B. But you seem absolutly positive about the fact that it is no issue, so, you answered my question real well ;-).

Now I like to find a way for copying haha, I know can be done, I bought one from a guy in France and works like a charm, obviously he wouldn't tell me how it was done, was worth the ask right? Hahaha.

BTW, 2016 V1 is that latest, 2016-2017 or is it early 2016?
Joehoe?? :-)
Opel Astra J GTC 1.4 Turbo Build: July 2013
Black
It doesn't give you a version number just 2016/2017
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
(7:th-Feb-2017, 08:31:05)Rusty2009 Wrote: It doesn't give you a version number just 2016/2017

HI Rusty,

Well, in fact it does give me a version number, this is why I asked ;-)
In the hidden menu where SW/HW info is there I found that it was 2016 V1........and I know from previous, non-Opel, cars that it was early edition and another one came in same year. 
So that's why I wanted to know if for my Astra was the same way.
Black
Yes you are correct via the hidden menu you can find it.

I was talking about looking on Navi update site it just list 2016/2017.

I know they do an update at some point through the year but don't know at what point.

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
(7:th-Feb-2017, 09:07:04)Rusty2009 Wrote: Yes you are correct via the hidden menu you can find it.

I was talking about looking on Navi update site it just list 2016/2017.

I know they do an update at some point through the year but don't know at what point.

Ok, was just curious, cheers M8!
Black
I use this software at work to clone unreadable SD cards that need to be upgraded as sometimes the upgrade goes wrong, so I just put the backup back onto the SD card.
http://hddguru.com/
Phil.
Does anyone know if a bricked Navi 600 can be restored?Followed the directions to upgrade so not sure what went wrong but now have no infotainment,no parking sensors,no start stop :(.any help will be appreciated
If its bricked you need a new unit, is there anything on the screen?

The radio will not stop your s/s from working that is more down to low battery or something else.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
after a lot of reading i came across to this file you upload which look exactly what i am looking for.
my question is: there is 2 files which one i use or have to be both of them uploading one at time?
i have already upgrade to navi 900 following the guide here

(31:st-Jul-2016, 22:52:20)tucpal Wrote: ok try this v200 with better poi speed cam icons and night sky in nav map night mode
insignia startup and shutdown logos it should be set up for ople and griffin units
gray carbon day and red carbon night themes.  

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/j3kovjd6eq6z9...drSta?dl=0
Hi
I am having trouble installing the update. It keeps failing flashing fail in white and blue. I'm not sure if I wrote the disc properly but have burnt it about 10 times. Can anyone help or is anyone in the buckinghamshire area to help.
Thanks in advance
Karim
after several attempts, I eventually got the CD to run.  It spends about 5 minutes reading the CD going through the deletion stage etc but always finishes with the word FAILED.

Is there any way of going back to the NAVI 600??  I have installed the USB DNL and it was successful but I am now without any entertainment system.

Simon
are you using a quality CD?

It does fail on the CD iirc at about 50% you then insert the USB
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Als ik begonnen ben met de upgraden 600 naar 900 kan ik dan nog terug?
Groet rob
Can this be done without th SD car inserted as have just got a new to me insignia and there is no SD in the slot or with the car?
Hey guys! Trying to update from navi 600 to navi 900 managed to install the stuff from the memory stick but I can't do the stuff from the disc. I burned the disc with windows 7 manual burning. That is the disc
And the file which I need to upload on the disc is that one, right?
Sd600_900.iso

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  HOW TO UPGRADE TO A NEW CLUSTER BIGGER DISPLAY AND BETTER LIGTH Skemess 20 17,464 31:st-Mar-2023, 11:29:57
Last Post: Jjmorris90
  how to edit nav600/900 theme files and start up animation. tucpal 83 76,319 23:rd-Apr-2021, 20:58:18
Last Post: Vljubinovski
  Navi 600 to 900 upgrade problem! Help needed ASAP! bh03an 5 15,155 29:th-Aug-2020, 20:34:20
Last Post: iamwalsh
  Upgrade to alloy door pins tucpal 7 17,800 5:th-Sep-2017, 12:24:44
Last Post: Padster

Who read this thread?
11 User(s) read this thread:
Foz88 (15:th-Oct-2023, 21:21:08), Ozel66 (18:th-Apr-2024, 12:58:25), milozic (24:th-Mar-2024, 15:59:46), James37518 (15:th-Jan-2024, 00:55:12), Dvaltd (17:th-Dec-2023, 21:35:56), DaveT2 (28:th-Oct-2023, 14:24:12), RD021 (16:th-Jun-2023, 08:18:17), Jnny (1:st-Dec-2023, 16:14:39), Bobby_Phillips (15:th-Feb-2024, 18:43:01), Bernhard_Van_t_Slot (17:th-Mar-2024, 20:26:00), caneiv (4:th-Apr-2024, 11:33:58)