Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Tags
to a nav900 the upgrade nav600 how

how to upgrade the NAV600 to a NAV900.
cool i just leave the red theme on all the time
i don't mind the stars as the standard day theme was just white cloud anyway
and the night sky was just a horrid gray sky
the stars look much better
To be honest theres not much difference between 3D and 2D sat nav.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
the theme update is the big change i hated the white day theme
and the blue just looked dated red is certainly the best
it is a combination of the red and carbon theme so it is a nice one off theme
and the best by far i don't use the blue day theme but its not that bad
I do like the red theme, it's very classy, I'm gonna be getting a blue LED conversion at some point and so I think the red and blue should go nicely together

That's what I plan in the future
Well if I can get the LEDs my uncle is going to do it for me. He messes with circuit boards everyday so he's a dab hand at soldering.
I just don't know what LEDs to use and the quantities. @cornishtaz gave me the quality I need to do the speedo but it's the rest that confuses me hhaa

@Nemo alot of the info is in my led conversion how-to
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I'll give it another read and go from there ha

Any questions just pm me
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Thanks mate

For the Navi 650 upgrade?
know whether upgrading for this?
Navi 650 upgrade?
No navi 600 only
Is there any updates for the navi 950 like to put speed cameras and stuff in?
sure you can do the speed cameras add pois but that will be about it
(14:th-Jan-2016, 13:13:31)tucpal Wrote: sure you can do the speed cameras add pois but that will be about it

Where is the option to add poi on the 950 mate?
look at navi settings and look for import POI,S
(16:th-Jan-2016, 09:10:11)tucpal Wrote: look at navi settings and look for import POI,S

I know that mate but I am asking where that setting is, because as much as I've looked it looks like poi cant be imported onto the navi 950 yet. Thats why i asked has there been an update yet.
config, navigation settings, import POI,S .
if you don't have import POI,S in the settings then you will not be able to do speed cameras
you could ask on the insignia forums for more help with the navi 950
they may know more about upgrades etc for it
Yea its not there mate.
the navi 950 may be different from the navi 900
have a ask about on here they have all the info on this sort of stuff they may help

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&...4104,d.d24

you will need google translate
Ok cheers mate
dizzy ok so you have followed step one and upgraded to 3d maps
and i take it you have done the speed cameras also

so then have you then done the theme upgrade steps after that in post 36 in this thread
and i take it you can not get the theme update to work is that what you are saying

this is the red theme update link try it again download to a usb stick

http://www.danrazor.net/Opel/NAVI900/Red..._DanRZ.rar

i will look again as to what version it is but sure this theme also upgrades you 2.08
but i take it you have upgraded to 2.08 already
Hi guys I have hit a snag. I successfully upgraded the Navi 600 to 900 a good few months ago without a hitch, all worked well. However, today I purchased a Navi 900 SD Card and installed it, mainly for the voice control for the phone. Well disaster has now struck, they didn't work so I took the card out to find the sat nav has now resorted back to 600. not a problem I thought I will just re-install the upgrade software.

Well can I get it to work this time ?? No I cannot. Follow instructions, usb in, sd card out, update software, it usually fails at 80% and you insert disc so on and so on....

The usb go's to 100% it wont go into the bootloader screen to complete the update ??

Any ideas what I may have done, or am not doing ???

Thanks guys....
hi chawks i did just read your post but it seems to have gone when i approved it
can you repost if you are still having problems
ok problem solved please write in correct colors haha

also the navi 900 SD card will do nothing for the voice control function
the navi 600 does not have the software for that function to work even with the navi 900 sd card
inserting another navi SD card should not reflash it to a 600 at all
you should only need to use the USB for a reflash and it should go to 100%
can you check the map options settings on the navi and look for 3d maps first

you may need a better quality usb stick and was it blank before you put the software on it
are you stuck in boot mode screen
don't panic it will be fine to use the car and turn on off etc

you need a good quality disc like verbatim cdr 52x 700md

DOWNLOAD the nav600 900 res file

here is the link to the Nav600 900 res download for the CDR disc

http://www.mediafire.com/download/5un940...us_fix.rar

then download WINZIP

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&...5076,d.bGs

and open the nav600 900 res image file you have downloaded
in your downloads on your pc
and open it with winzip and save it to your desktop

and then use this program to burn the disc
CD burner XP and also burn the disc at the lowest possible speed x1 or under X10
when you open it you will see burn speed option click it press other and click x1 speed
then press browse and press the Nav 600 900 res file you saved on your desktop.

(The windows burner is no good for this it is too fast) .

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&...5076,d.bGs

i do not have any cdr discs vic someone may help you out in this thread.
hi guys,i want to update my navi 600 but i can´t burn at 1x my minimum write speed is 16x,how can i burn this on 1x ?
look at the post above and use CD BURNER XP.
(14:th-Feb-2016, 15:25:23)tucpal Wrote: look at the post above and use CD BURNER XP.

are you sure that it will work,becouse i tried on isoburner and dvd decrypter and when i set speed to 1x,they start to burn but they change speed to 10x
it says something like write speed miscompare - wanted 1x got 10x
i cant update,i inserted usb,starded installation error at 80%,reboot in bootloader insterted cd ....SUCCES
reboot,inserted usb started installation 100% done,reboot inserted navi sd card intializing... reboot,still dont have 3d maps
what i did wrong????
x10 or under usually works.

nothing that sounds correct
can you confirm that the map options in the nav settings on the navi 600
and that the 3d map option is there if so select it.
(14:th-Feb-2016, 18:50:39)tucpal Wrote: x10 or under usually works.

nothing that sounds correct
can you confirm that the map options in the nav settings on the navi 600
and that the 3d map option is there if so select it.

i cant find that option anymore,i dont have red theme,when i insert the usb the version is the same,i dont know what am i doing wrong?
Turn settings to night mode if that does not work I will go through it later on tonight
(15:th-Feb-2016, 12:00:34)tucpal Wrote: Turn settings to night mode if that does not work I will go through it later on tonight

it just changes to blue
Ok so are you done then is night mode red and is 3d maps in the map mode option
(15:th-Feb-2016, 12:27:55)tucpal Wrote: Ok so are you done then is night mode red and is 3d maps in the map mode option

no,night mode is blue and i cant find the map option anymore
I will get back to you tonight you are doing something wrong that's for sure so in navigation settings you have no map options at all now so what color is day mode in the navi settings you did do the nav600900 update first for 3d maps before you did the red theme update
So when you go to find the map mode like this you do not have the 3D maps option
my display may be different but it works exactly the same way
press the navi button on first then press the round navi option button and then follow the pictures.

and you can not get the red theme by changing day and night mode settings.

You did delete the old data on the USB stick with the original navi 600 900 update on it
so that the USB stick was blank before you tried to download the red theme option update to the USB stick
so you only had one update on the USB stick yes.

You also should have checked that the 3D map update was installed correctly first before you tried the Red theme update.
(15:th-Feb-2016, 19:31:30)tucpal Wrote: So when you go to find the map mode like this you do not have the 3D maps option  
my display may be different but it works exactly the same way
press the navi button on first then press the round navi option button and then follow the pictures.

and you can not get the red theme by changing day and night mode settings.

You did delete the old data on the USB stick with the original navi 600 900 update on it
so that the USB stick was blank before you tried to download the red theme option update to the USB stick
so you only had one update on the USB stick yes.

You also should have checked that the 3D map update was installed correctly first before you tried the Red theme update.

i found it,i have 3d maps now,but how i can install red theme,just download extract it and then copy it to usb ?
Yes but delete any old data on the usb so it has the new update only on it
(16:th-Feb-2016, 12:22:31)tucpal Wrote: Yes but delete any old data on the usb so it has the new update only on it

ok,thanks a lot
Let me know how you get on the usb should flash to 100% this time
make sure you remove the SD card before you select upload to nav
after reboot select night mode to get red theme
but please look at the red theme how to I did also on post 36.
Anybody on here no the contact details for the man who installs the navi 600 upgrade from a cd400 ? I've got the navi 600 but need it installing as there isn't enough wires in the car to plug in the units ?
Only one guy i know of (Andy from vx mods) and he doesn't do it any more...

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk

Astra Energy 63 Plate 1.7 CDTI (150BHP)

I know I'm trying to find someone to do it but it's beginning to be impossible guna give Vauxhall a ring this morning
I've got the satnav I tried putting it in yesterday but it wouldn't come on because I think there wernt enough plugs coming out the car for the units
Andy or myself can do them only issue only I can program them as Andy doesn't have the gear yet to do it. It also means to trips thou.

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
We're are you based

I need it doing or it will just be a waste of money, could you pm me with the details ect
I'm based in Bournemouth.

Tucpal I came across this on eBay today so thought it was worth sharing
https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/322005247186

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
good find there was someone doing it as a kit a while back but they disappeared
i would message the seller first and make sure the software and instructions are in english

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  HOW TO UPGRADE TO A NEW CLUSTER BIGGER DISPLAY AND BETTER LIGTH Skemess 20 17,457 31:st-Mar-2023, 11:29:57
Last Post: Jjmorris90
  how to edit nav600/900 theme files and start up animation. tucpal 83 76,315 23:rd-Apr-2021, 20:58:18
Last Post: Vljubinovski
  Navi 600 to 900 upgrade problem! Help needed ASAP! bh03an 5 15,153 29:th-Aug-2020, 20:34:20
Last Post: iamwalsh
  Upgrade to alloy door pins tucpal 7 17,799 5:th-Sep-2017, 12:24:44
Last Post: Padster

Who read this thread?
11 User(s) read this thread:
Foz88 (15:th-Oct-2023, 21:21:08), Ozel66 (18:th-Apr-2024, 12:58:25), milozic (24:th-Mar-2024, 15:59:46), James37518 (15:th-Jan-2024, 00:55:12), Dvaltd (17:th-Dec-2023, 21:35:56), DaveT2 (28:th-Oct-2023, 14:24:12), RD021 (16:th-Jun-2023, 08:18:17), Jnny (1:st-Dec-2023, 16:14:39), Bobby_Phillips (15:th-Feb-2024, 18:43:01), Bernhard_Van_t_Slot (17:th-Mar-2024, 20:26:00), caneiv (4:th-Apr-2024, 11:33:58)