Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
steering cruise working not change control

Change Steering Cruise Control Not Working
I replaced the steering wheel with a more sporty, but also in leather ...
Unlike my old steering wheel cruise control are the keys that where there is a button to activate it where previously remained pressed and activated the white light in the instrument cluster now there are two that the more there is a spy "Lim ".
Before mounting check the wiring and is the exact same same same colors wires and same positions ...
But after it is assembled and tested I realize that I will turn over the white indicator light in the instrument panel ....
From the user manual I could see that the button serves more as a speed limiter.
Now I wanted to ask what should I do?
I also tried to put the old panel, but it is as if you were off the cruise control function ....
These are the old steering wheel cruise control buttons ...

Here the new steering wheel with the additional key Limi ...
Volevo ask yourself what do I do I have to go to the dealership and make me re-activate the cruise control with speed limiter function also?
For if these activations can be done even by OP COM?
Put the buttons from your old steering wheel in as you can't do anything else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
ok what a shame not to use that button, I put the old push-button steering wheel but the cruise does not work the same .... I have to go to Opel to do to program or re-activate or reactivate it I can too by op com?
It should work fine did you disconnect the battery when you did?

If not pull the Negative off the battery for 30+ minutes then see if that resolves it.

Op-com is very limited on the J and TBH I don't really one I know normally you have reset all the different settings in the BCM but that's only if you've programmed the BCM.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
the battery does not have scollegaga I did everything without disconnecting and without turning on the instrument panel with the battery disconnected ... today I will try to unplug it for 30 minutes and I'll let you know if they will return to work with the cruise control buttons of the old steering wheel. ... but as we can not use that button? you can not even prpgammare with tech2 someone has tried?
Then I tried to open the steering wheel buttons and I must say that they are different internally electrical cards.
Place even after the picture ...
I then disconnected the battery for several hours and putting the pendant of the original cruise control everything is back to normal the light comes on in the instrument panel again although I have not yet tried the operation of the road cruise control.
Now I wanted to understand in the dealership with tech 2 can not operate the cruise control with speed limiter?
Some of you succeeded?
Right tech 2 is again very limited on the J they now use an MDI I tried fitting a speed limiter to @Lewis6317 I also tried programming it without any success I put in a VCI code request and they wouldn't supply one stating that the ECU & BCM has the latest calibration files and it's not possible to retrofit speed limiter.

I did try and get them to supply one by saying it's fitted to all Elite's and I think SE models so it should be retrofittable to any other model but they wouldn't budge.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Changed stereo, infotainment stopped working NELLY1996 0 1,351 10:th-Jun-2021, 15:43:10
Last Post: NELLY1996
  Heated mirrors not working Vivid Victor 2 2,872 7:th-Nov-2020, 11:19:52
Last Post: Vivid Victor
  clock change niteram 1 1,915 30:th-Oct-2019, 07:25:47
Last Post: Jerry
Body control module Astra458 1 2,503 9:th-Aug-2019, 07:11:25
Last Post: Rusty2009
  Voice Control mic Mara_J 3 2,949 4:th-Aug-2019, 19:07:45
Last Post: BOLT
  Speedo stopped working AlanMac 0 3,543 13:th-Jun-2019, 17:19:55
Last Post: AlanMac
  Service power steering warning light. R4hulb 4 13,440 23:rd-Mar-2018, 13:01:58
Last Post: R4hulb
  Controls on steering column are sluggish Brnjas 11 6,341 22:nd-Mar-2018, 11:46:55
Last Post: Brnjas
  blowers intermittently working micko 1 2,896 13:th-May-2017, 07:26:56
  Engine Control Module Rusty2009 4 8,622 3:rd-Apr-2014, 07:55:20

Who read this thread?
2 User(s) read this thread:
cpeter53 (10:th-Oct-2023, 06:01:53), Misiek1093 (29:th-Jan-2024, 16:30:36)