Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
led headlights

Headlights - LED
Hi guys!

I have changed my OEM headlights from my Astra J, to OEM LED headlights daylight. However, the car give an daylight error. Can this be resolved by updating/change settings of the software?

Best Regards from Portugal!
You need to wire in resistors to stop the errors. It's because a led uses less power than a standard bulb

Sent from my LG G4 using Tapatalk

Like these

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.vie...80&alt=web

(24:th-Feb-2016, 16:27:40)bhalay207 Wrote: You need to wire in resistors to stop the errors. It's because a led uses less power than a standard bulb

Like these

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.vie...80&alt=web

Thanks!
Exist another way to do it without the resisters? by changing the car software settings?
Sadly not no. The GTC doesn't have errors but the 5 doors do. I've got LEDs but have to have the resistors fitted.

Have you swapped the whole headlight to an LED headlight or have you just swapped bulb?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
(25:th-Feb-2016, 17:15:26)Rusty2009 Wrote: Have you swapped the whole headlight to an LED headlight or have you just swapped bulb?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The whole headlight, also OEM.
Ok in that case I would advise getting a VCI request sent in to GM asking for the software.

They may say no they may allow it.

Request the VCI via the BCM.

Select no programming possible.

What I would put in the comments box is.

Custom has fitted LED DRL/ sidelight headlamps due to a accident of ordering the wrong parts.
Custom is now getting a warning to check bulbs.
Could you please supply a VCI code for the software / calibration files for these headlamps to work error free.

Thank-you.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rear light out but works again with headlights Willcbrbikeboy 6 5,098 14:th-Jan-2019, 09:43:44
Last Post: vocky

Who read this thread?
1 User(s) read this thread:
takir1 (20:th-Jan-2024, 21:23:34)