Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
led lights wing fitted mirror

LED wing mirror lights fitted
Just finished wiring in my LED puddle/wing mirror lights.

Ran two core flex from the interior light down the A pillar, behind glove box, through door loom, took the mirror off & ran the wire along side the electric mirror loom.

Only thing is I ordered a black strip but they sent white so I'm gonna order more black and swap it over.

Works great, sorry for the terrible video

http://youtu.be/8bhso25KDs8

Il try get some pics tomorrow when I do the drivers side.

Cheers
Well done
Might change the led strip for something drilled & screwed in but at least I've got the wiring there now so only 2 bolts holding the mirror on to change it
trial and testing is the best way to find the correct way
So is that literally stuck on?
(6:th-Feb-2016, 22:38:35)Nemo Wrote: So is that literally stuck on?

The current LED strip is held on with 3m tape then wired into the interior light yep.
Any plans to cut a hole and fasten them in?
I'm going to try a few different LEDS to see which combination of light and fitting is best. I'm happy with the stick on ones as you can't see them unless you look up from underneath but something flush/fitted more OEM is more my preference. The concept is great though!
Yeah I'd like a proper fitting if I were to do it, I like the concept though, good work
Very well done!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finished it today

Basically follow the how to on puddle lights thanks to Rusty but then run the wire from the door loom up and out of the wing mirror part of the top of the door.

Drill a small hole for the wires to go through in the bottom of the mirror, pop the cap off and feed it though. You'll need to feed it through the same place the loom goes which is the hardest part but can be done. I then taped this to the mirror loom to keep it OEM and tidy.

You can see the hole at this angle..

To keep the water out I have used something called trim shield which I use at work as a windscreen fitter to stop scuttle panels rattling etc. It's like a black industrial blu tac which seals the hole.

Finished.. The eager eyed ones will noticed I messed up by cutting my black strip too short meaning only 3 lights worked so I have used white for now.

Finished...

I'm really happy with it as you literally can't see the strips unless you look up from underneath.

Cheers
Well done mate!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  auto fold mirror modules Qaranc 4 1,793 11:th-Jan-2023, 01:49:50
Last Post: Qaranc
  New AutoDipDown module for passenger mirror A20DTH 2 1,929 21:st-Oct-2022, 09:33:44
Last Post: rlievens
  perm 12v near mirror dammfust 1 1,508 6:th-Sep-2021, 11:31:25
Last Post: Astragtc1282
  Mirror Flick19191 7 5,165 11:th-Nov-2019, 11:58:51
Last Post: Flick19191
  Happyblue module ambient lights Kdun 1 2,564 9:th-Mar-2019, 10:22:32
Last Post: Rusty2009
  New member - Led lights HarryH 7 4,332 4:th-Jan-2019, 13:55:53
Last Post: Big Dave2
  Astra J GTC Daytime running lights Wanna_be_dj 5 6,555 1:st-Jun-2018, 09:49:33
Last Post: Wanna_be_dj
  Ambience lights gtc Wullie1967 0 2,599 10:th-Mar-2018, 10:24:05
Last Post: Wullie1967
  Astra GTC ambience lights Wullie1967 2 3,485 9:th-Mar-2018, 19:14:13
Last Post: Wullie1967
  Unlocking with lights on Mspencer 10 6,499 21:st-Jan-2018, 20:32:19
Last Post: Hummelshøj