Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Tags
install unit m072 head android info s160

M072 (S160) Android Head Unit Install/Info
I just thought I'd give a little update on my experience with the head unit I've been using it for a month now.
The radio is much louder the sound quality is better and the radio signal is much better using the standard astra aerial. I have the dab addon and the aerial I installed it in one of the pockets in the boot but I have a sports tourer. The signal isn't great so needs moving somewhere else.
I didn't install the external mic for the Bluetooth just using the internal one and I make a few calls every day and I haven't had any complaints about me being quiet. I didn't like the igo sat nav. I've been using waze. I have to say it's fantastic for a free sat nav I connect the head unit to my phone as a hotspot and it works great. I haven't done a firmware update yet. So all in all I'm very pleased with the unit and would say if your considering this head unit don't hesitate

Sent from my E6553 using Tapatalk
(23:rd-Oct-2016, 20:12:33)bunje Wrote: I just thought I'd give a little update on my experience with the head unit I've been using it for a month now.
The radio is much louder the sound quality is better and the radio signal is much better using the standard astra aerial. I have the dab addon and the aerial I installed it in one of the pockets in the boot but I have a sports tourer. The signal isn't great so needs moving somewhere else.
I didn't install the external mic for the Bluetooth just using the internal one and I make a few calls every day and I haven't had any complaints about me being quiet. I didn't like the igo sat nav. I've been using waze. I have to say it's fantastic for a free sat nav I connect the head unit to my  phone as a hotspot and it works great. I haven't done a firmware update yet. So all in all I'm very pleased with the unit and would say if your considering this head unit don't hesitate

Sent from my E6553 using Tapatalk

That's great to hear you're having such a good experience! I didn't even realise it had an internal Mic till someone on here said about it a few months back. I'm using an aftermarket Sony mic but folks still complain they can't hear me well!

Astra Energy 63 Plate 1.7 CDTI (150BHP)

Looking for a film of some one wiring up the s160 to a j after cd 400 plus removed , thank you
its pretty straight forward to do yourself.
there arent any chopping of wires or anything just plug and play.
and most of the stuff your plugging in comes with the headunit.
if you look at the first page of this thread you can see the wires that you need to connect to the astra loom
Do you get instructions on how to install it? As I was looking for video tutorials I couldnt find anything.
I have just received the DAB module for my system , the Ariel is rather hideous looking thing , is there any sort of adapter that would let me connect astra Ariel to the dab !!
(30:th-Oct-2016, 09:40:57)Ray5880 Wrote: I have just received the DAB module for my system , the Ariel is rather hideous looking thing , is there any sort of adapter that would let me connect astra Ariel to the dab !!

You need a dab/ fm aerial in order to pick up a dab signal, so unless you car aerial can pick up DAB then you will not receive any signal even if you do connect to it. Astra J aerials are FM only as standard, DAB signals were received from aerial built into the tailgate glass.
You can get a converter that will convert the signal to DAB but how good they are I don't know.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/291641790370

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
(30:th-Oct-2016, 10:20:50)Rusty2009 Wrote: You can get a converter that will convert the signal to DAB but how good they are I don't know.

Never knew they did things like that, I''d be interested to know if they really did work, I would be a bit sceptical on signal quality though.
(30:th-Oct-2016, 10:26:29)stigeye Wrote:
(30:th-Oct-2016, 10:20:50)Rusty2009 Wrote: You can get a converter that will convert the signal to DAB but how good they are I don't know.

Never knew they did things like that, I''d be interested to know if they really did work, I would be a bit sceptical on signal quality though.

It maybe like the sharkfins need to spend the ££'s for one that will work 100%.

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
That's interesting , so if the shark fin on my j is fm only and is plugged into the cd400plus , why dose the dab work because there is no other Ariel plugged in the back of the cd400 plus coming from the back window . Confused now,
Do you have anything like this in your tailgate...

Dab module is up behind the cubby hole hole below headlight switch.

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
How long did yours came, i just ordered mind and they said its listed as out of stock
(8:th-Nov-2016, 00:38:00)jamallorca Wrote: How long did yours came, i just ordered mind and they said its listed as out of stock
Mine took a good few weeks. He doesn't usually stock them in the UK so he imports them after you pay and then ships them out when they arrive

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

(8:th-Nov-2016, 09:35:36)sheppy1 Wrote:
(8:th-Nov-2016, 00:38:00)jamallorca Wrote: How long did yours came, i just ordered mind and they said its listed as out of stock
Mine took a good few weeks. He doesn't usually stock them in the UK so he imports them after you pay and then ships them out when they arrive

Whereas mine only took 8 days to come..

On eBay he advertises the item location as Liverpool and delivery time at about a week.
Waiting for a cable to come from eBay to use Astra j shark fin to run the dab on the s160 , will it work who knows lol , it worked the dab on my factory cd400plus, so should work on s160 dab , cable from kong land so not here till middle this month, keep you up dated , won't be using the ariel that came with dab , rediculous looking thing lol
Nice pic of the cables.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
2019 Seat Ateca 1.6 DSG XCellence 

Past 2015 Ford Focus 1.5 Titanium X 
Past 2012 VX Astra 2.0 Cdti Sri Vx Line 
Past 2008 Civic 1.8 Type S

Any one know if these headunits will work in a VXR? Mine has the CD400 with bluetooth DAB and USB, but I would quite like the satnav and there are a couple of android apps I would like to use with it such as dogcaster. I wasn't sure if it would work though as the screen in the pics have all got the buttons as the edge of the bezel blacked out and in my car that is where the sport and VXR button are. Also I think I read that the performance drivetrain options can't be accessed by the head unit. Anyone fitted one to a VXR or GTC with the flex drivetrain stuff.
(14:th-Nov-2016, 15:22:24)AJBek Wrote: Any one know if these headunits will work in a VXR? Mine has the CD400 with bluetooth DAB and USB, but I would quite like the satnav and there are a couple of android apps I would like to use with it such as dogcaster. I wasn't sure if it would work though as the screen in the pics have all got the buttons as the edge of the bezel blacked out and in my car that is where the sport and VXR button are. Also I think I read that the performance drivetrain options can't be accessed by the head unit. Anyone fitted one to a VXR or GTC with the flex drivetrain stuff.

You'll be able to fit it but you will loose factory dab and USB. The unit comes with the USB connection for new unit but dab I think you need to download the app (think you get link when you order it) however you should be able to get a copy of the file for it. There might also be a way to use factory antenna for it.

As for the black buttons they just pop out if you have the sport button.

As for drivetrains I don't have a clue mate.

Thanks for that I am not that bothered by dab anyway as I can get all the stations in listen to on normal radio and mostly listen to podcasts via dogcatcher which will download via WiFi when I get home. Good news about the buttons popping out should fit fine then. I will need to check about the drive train stuff, but I shouldn't really need to change those settings once they are set anyway
hi i just installed mine today and unfortunate the unit wont turn on. any problem you think?
@jamallorca Have you followed this how to? Made sure all connections are in properly and secure?

Hi am looking to swap my cd600 intellilink screen that is fitted in my 66plate mokka, is there Any android device I can for instead of the standard screen, I have been told to look at a S160 / M072 android device, do these work as a straight swap, and where could I buy one ? Any help appreciated l,

Thanks in advance
(21:st-Nov-2016, 21:23:06)Nigsiv22 Wrote: Hi am looking to swap my cd600 intellilink screen that is fitted in my 66plate mokka, is there Any android device I can for instead of the standard screen, I have been told to look at a S160 / M072 android device, do these work as a straight swap, and where could I buy one ? Any help appreciated l,

Thanks in advance

They do work as a straight swop in the Astra j but can't speak for the mokka , go to icebox autos.co.uk they have a large selection of after marker sound systems , sat navs, freeview tv ,hope this helps
(21:st-Nov-2016, 21:23:06)Nigsiv22 Wrote: Hi am looking to swap my cd600 intellilink screen that is fitted in my 66plate mokka, is there Any android device I can for instead of the standard screen, I have been told to look at a S160 / M072 android device, do these work as a straight swap, and where could I buy one ? Any help appreciated l,

Thanks in advance

http://www.iceboxauto.com/vauxhall-opel-...id-44-m235

http://www.iceboxauto.com/opel-mokka-android-51-a5549

http://www.iceboxauto.com/opel-mokka-8-d6549

There's also a £25 discount if you use code AS8829CV
Has anyone used these M072 units with just the built in MIC instead of an external one? Wondering if the audio quality is any good when having phone convos.

Yip, I unplugged the external mic and use the built in one. I believe people can hear me fine using it. I. E. No one has complained that they can't hear me

Right cool! I'll do the same then...nothing wrong with my Sony one...just no point having it if the built in one works fine!

Thanks

Yeah when I installed Daniels we didn't bother with mic and he's had no issues. Guess il be taking mine out too.

Hi any help on how to change the door and window display when you open the door and window as it shows the opposite side when opened, another thing have any one of you experience where the screen blacked out but the music still playing, it happened to me this morning
Go to Bluetooth mode, enter ##0323 and call out

There is an option there to change from lhd to rhd.

Yeah, every now and then when the display at the bottom comes on to show you you're heater controls etc. The main screen will go black for a few secs... No way to fix this

I installed the new kotix rom (Xmas edition) over the holidays and delighted to see that the UI for the radio and audio player look more grown-up.

The radio app now stores the station names (and remembers them) rather than the mhz frequency on the station preset buttons. Happy days.

Oh, and the rom is locked these days so you need to get a code from Marco to install it. Very helpful guy as I was battling to get the new skins to load. Turns out I had cocked up the build for the SD card. Have it down to a fine art now.

(4:th-Jan-2017, 22:34:35)marcus01 Wrote: I installed the new kotix rom (Xmas edition) over the holidays and delighted to see that the UI for the radio and audio player look more grown-up.

The radio app now stores the station names (and remembers them) rather than the mhz frequency on the station preset buttons. Happy days.

Oh, and the rom is locked these days so you need to get a code from Marco to install it. Very helpful guy as I was battling to get the new skins to load. Turns out I had cocked up the build for the SD card. Have it down to a fine art now.

Ooh get some pictures up please mate, I went back to the standard rom a few months ago.

Some screenshots from one of the new skins.

Apologies for the 80s flashback.

Most of the colours are customisable.

I really need to gather the energy to update to KoTiX again! Just cba atm haha. Looks good though!

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

if I fit m072 will factory fitted parking sensors be affected on 2011 astra j...I really want to get one of these units but don't want to lose parking sensors
@marcus01

Could you do me a favour when you get a moment can you check on the Kotix rom if your centre console buttons work? Like to skip a track change to phone and aux buttons? Not the heating controls they are fine. Only reason I ask is when Kotix is installed for me those buttons dont work correctly.

Me and @sheppy1 have been having a lengthy discussion regarding the buttons and for him the stock rom seems fine with the audio buttons, so I wanted to check I wasnt going mad and it was one of the possible negatives of the Kotix rom

Thanks
(6:th-Jan-2017, 22:55:55)Rymaan82 Wrote: @marcus01

Could you do me a favour when you get a moment can you check on the Kotix rom if your centre console buttons work? Like to skip a track change to phone and aux buttons? Not the heating controls they are fine. Only reason I ask is when Kotix is installed for me those buttons dont work correctly.

Me and @sheppy1 have been having a lengthy discussion regarding the buttons and for him the stock rom seems fine with the audio buttons, so I wanted to check I wasnt going mad and it was one of the possible negatives of the Kotix rom

Thanks
I would say that they all work but I will check them again. My car is at the Opel dealership atm waiting for parts so will only get it back at lunchtime on Monday. Will let you know.

(6:th-Jan-2017, 22:35:40)merv Wrote: if I fit m072 will factory fitted parking sensors be affected on 2011 astra j...I really want to get one of these units but don't want to lose parking sensors

You will keep the sensors you just get a speaker that you hide in the dash or by the gear stick.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
hi guys, i have one problem with s160.
when i open the car door all ambient light turn on except illumination lights (red lights) on cd400 they wont turn on.
when i start the car they work fine. anyone else have this same problem?
Im thinking of returning my car vision unit while I still have time but need to know if I would lose anything I currently have as standard?
I have DAB, front and rear parking sensors and USB that I store/play music on.
Do all the stearing and other radio buttons still work with this?
You will DAB and BT.

Everything else's stays the unit comes with a USB cable that will plug onto the factory USB port.

I hope you have better luck returning it to car vision than I did as soon as there is a problem they start ignoring you.

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
(7:th-Jan-2017, 08:29:01)marcus01 Wrote:
(6:th-Jan-2017, 22:55:55)Rymaan82 Wrote: @marcus01

Thanks
I would say that they all work but I will check them again. My car is at the Opel dealership atm waiting for parts so will only get it back at lunchtime on Monday. Will let you know.

OK I have my car back now. Had to order in front discs.

Kotix rom.
Radio
All of the centre buttons work including the big knob, preset stations 1-6 and the directional arrow buttons.

Music player
Only the directional buttons work. Big knob and preset station buttons do not work.

Hope that helps

(7:th-Jan-2017, 17:43:10)dazzzdelux Wrote: Im thinking of returning my car vision unit while I still have time but need to know if I would lose anything I currently have as standard?
I have DAB, front and rear parking sensors and USB that I store/play music on.
Do all the stearing and other radio buttons still work with this?
Steering buttons work fine on the m072.

@marcus01

Thanks for the info.
Hi

Sorry if this has been answered but I've got 3 questions before I decide to buy.

1) does the front panel buttons all still work fully from source selection to 1,2,3 etc? Also does the screen show the heater controls on screen

2) does the steering wheel buttons still work properly

3) the car configure menu is built into the CD400 - does this still work and can be accessed/amended?

Thanks
Yes, yes and another yes

The car settings /menu is displayed on the bottom of the screen for a few seconds.

Brilliant. I shall go buy!!

I've been after an aftermarket one for ages but the ones on eBay have always put me off :/

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How To Fit Sub To CD400 Head Unit TUFFKNUX 138 113,498 20:th-May-2021, 09:19:58
Last Post: h4r7y
  How to Install aftermarket head unit Rusty2009 55 54,100 14:th-Mar-2021, 15:16:56
Last Post: GTC-Nut
  Navi 950 with touch screen info Rusty2009 9 6,223 25:th-Feb-2021, 13:59:32
Last Post: Jpbroad1970
  Android RV5754 factory settings password Amazingusername 3 3,495 7:th-Nov-2020, 16:08:03
Last Post: cro55m
  Battery drain Android tesla style head unit rayvo1 4 3,923 9:th-Sep-2020, 21:05:31
Last Post: rayvo1
  Sports Tourer DAB+ on Android Headunit MikeyP247 2 2,840 2:nd-Nov-2019, 17:11:28
Last Post: niteram
  Dash cam on Android unit robk999 2 9,648 2:nd-Nov-2019, 10:30:30
Last Post: Rusty2009
  CD400 buttons not working Android head unit install mephisto 4 7,627 27:th-Oct-2019, 17:30:00
Last Post: mephisto
  Front DVR android S160 M072 NEATH-LAD 3 3,120 4:th-Jul-2019, 19:07:39
Last Post: Rusty2009
  How to Install Android Head Unit + Wireless Reverse Camera sheppy1 64 38,854 9:th-Jan-2019, 15:07:53
Last Post: Shorty5

Who read this thread?
6 User(s) read this thread:
Rusty2009 (15:th-Aug-2023, 06:53:51), marktourino (16:th-Jun-2023, 08:34:55), airainchoc (25:th-Jun-2023, 17:08:37), Barbar81 (25:th-Sep-2023, 15:59:16), exhippykev (20:th-Jun-2023, 21:44:57), dinamitar (7:th-Feb-2024, 13:52:28)