Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
remote boot opening

Remote Boot Opening
Hey,

Does anyone have the remote boot opening feature on their J? Wondering if it even exists as I've never seen anyone with it.

Ta

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk

Astra Energy 63 Plate 1.7 CDTI (150BHP)

IRRC only fitted to GTC
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Vauxhall are horrible people

First you have problems in the snow now you decide you can't be bothered to open your boot with your hands..... What's going on mate

Sent from my LG G4 using Tapatalk
(26:th-Jan-2016, 12:28:07)bhalay207 Wrote: First you have problems in the snow now you decide you can't be bothered to open your boot with your hands..... What's going on mate

The blank space on my key is annoying me! Haha

Yeah yeah lol

Sherry has all kind of problems with his car
The happyblue (happylightshow.com) odbii module allows you to do this by pressing unlock on the remote twice however it only pops it open, you still have to lift it where the handle is anyway. This function only seems to make sense on a car with electric boot opening/closing or one that doesn't have a handle/button on the lid.
(30:th-Jan-2016, 02:29:47)stephenjlord Wrote: The happyblue (happylightshow.com) odbii module allows you to do this by pressing unlock on the remote twice however it only pops it open, you still have to lift it where the handle is anyway. This function only seems to make sense on a car with electric boot opening/closing or one that doesn't have a handle/button on the lid.

The wife's Fiesta only pops the boot it does seem a useless feature if you ask me.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
Hahaha yeah that's useless!

My bmw is the same, pops the boot, doesnt open it, waste of time.

My merc when u popped it used to open itself, but it wasnt electric, just musta had stronger rams fitted? So im guessing if u fitted a stronger ram, it would have the force to open it, once popped
(30:th-Jan-2016, 15:02:13)Bloopeta Wrote: My bmw is the same, pops the boot, doesnt open it, waste of time.

My merc when u popped it used to open itself, but it wasnt electric, just musta had stronger rams fitted? So im guessing if u fitted a stronger ram, it would have the force to open it, once popped

Now there's something I didn't even think of lol. gonna look into getting a stronger ram now.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
(30:th-Jan-2016, 15:47:22)Rusty2009 Wrote: [quote='Bloopeta' pid='28148' dateline='1454162533']

Now there's something I didn't even think of lol. gonna look into getting a stronger ram now.

Kinda like when I was younger, if we fitted RS boot spoilers to non RS cars, they were thick rubber, very heavy, had to get upgraded stronger rams to hold the boot open as the standard ones were too soft and the boot wouldnt tay open
I doubt you'll manage to get a ram strong enough to push a hatchback all the way up

Maybe what sheppy needs is either a butler or a driver lol
One of the lads in work was looking at a spring or something for his BMW. As the boot only has to lift so far before the rams will lift the boot open. I'll have a word with him and see if he managed to find some. Or if I can get more information.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anyone remote SPS? milozic 1 1,261 12:th-Sep-2021, 15:31:26
Last Post: Rusty2009
  remote issues Qaranc 5 2,302 20:th-Oct-2020, 08:28:26
Possible to install boot fuse board? Find_By_SQL 3 2,203 3:rd-Jul-2020, 07:44:19
  remote issues Qaranc 8 3,450 21:st-Feb-2020, 10:34:30
Last Post: Qaranc
  No wiring for the interior boot light marcus01 5 5,536 20:th-Dec-2017, 16:48:23
Last Post: rlievens
  Sliding boot cover doesn't stay in place zzattack 1 3,500 27:th-Jun-2017, 18:53:14
Last Post: zzattack
  Pedal box remote location Jon_es 11 6,072 15:th-Jun-2017, 13:25:25
Last Post: Jon_es
  Maxton Design Boot Spoiler Wayneofwolves 3 4,359 6:th-Feb-2017, 08:11:29
Last Post: Wayneofwolves
  How can i remove n/s boot liner spybot 2 5,484 24:th-Jun-2016, 12:27:16
Last Post: spybot
  Secure My Car (Various Remote features including Remote Start) sheppy1 18 9,811 6:th-Feb-2016, 07:49:13
Last Post: mrtc

Who read this thread?
1 User(s) read this thread:
Thebatfink (7:th-Jul-2023, 20:21:24)