Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
new but key locking done service need

Service done but need new locking key
Service done. Had to pay an 1/2hr labour for them to untwist a brake pipe after I had new brakes done a few months back.
Was told he couldn't get the locking nut off as the key was rounded.
I would have thought anyone with some sense would have called me and told me about this and offered to sell me a new wheel nut key but no. He managed to u twist it without removing the wheel anyway.
Parts dept was closed when I picked up the car so does anyone m ow how much vx charge and is it a new key or do I get 4 nuts aswell?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Using Tapatalk
all 4 mate best to look around for a set on ebay etc
I always thought you could get a new key if you have the code that's in the box.

Mind you if the key has been rounded off best to get a new set.

I always tell any garage NO AIR TOOLS on locking wheel nuts.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
i had a few sets on the astra h as they were dreadful
a new set was offered every time
Just checked the wheel nuts are also rounded aswell. The key grips it but just won't "catch" thinking a new key might get the 2 off the front and I'll just put normal nuts back on

Using Tapatalk
I had to have an old nut weld to them on my zaffy.

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
Vx want £39 for a new set of locking nuts and £30 for the original key so I can take off the broken ones.
Problem is, if I buy a new key it may not fit it properly because everything is worn.
Garage by me said £60 they will weld and remove them for me. Or another garage said they have a tool for removing them. Going to see them Monday and have a chat over cost etc....
After all this, proper nuts are going back on!!

Using Tapatalk
£60 to remove a nut Jesus that's well over priced hope you get it sorted
I'm having a ring around tomorrow, how much do you think should expect to pay?

Using Tapatalk
An hours labour would be more than fair price £30 max and that is about a 10 to 15 job max
I paid £60 to have nuts welded on all 4 wheels.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Had a look at whacking a socket onto it but the shape of the nut it won't work.

Using Tapatalk
(3:rd-Jul-2015, 18:26:16)tucpal Wrote: An hours labour would be more than fair price £30 max and that is about a 10 to 15 job max

Next your be saying to pay with peanuts, average labour here is £65 per hour and the dealers charge £120 per hour.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
My vx dealer charged me £40 odd for half hour labour.

Using Tapatalk
you southerns get ripped wright off pay what you want £30 for 15 MINS work works up here.
So, nuts are off. My local tyre place tried with a tool but wouldn't work. Welding also wouldn't work only solutions was to smack the ***** out of them with a lump hammer and a flat headed screwdriver.
The nuts had a rotating sleeve to stop anything getting a good grip over it.
Mate of mine done the job. Few marks on the wheels but nothing too noticeable. Prob get them refurbed in the future

Using Tapatalk
Cool 😎

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Service Vehicle soon and Op-com Arkanggel10 3 2,761 23:rd-Oct-2020, 16:09:22
Last Post: Arkanggel10
  'Service Vehicle Soon' on display Loddy Jeff 10 4,337 12:th-Oct-2020, 12:51:00
Last Post: Big Dave2
  ESP service message, erratic fuel range figures on trip computer mpotsb 2 2,719 7:th-Sep-2020, 12:04:29
Last Post: mpotsb
'service vehicle soon' Ssss 1 1,829 12:th-Aug-2020, 07:56:03
Last Post: Rusty2009
Service vehicle soon??? k1ckboxer 3 2,276 10:th-Aug-2020, 14:53:25
Last Post: Ssss
  service parking assist and tpms not working kevinmcken1404 3 2,841 18:th-May-2020, 10:09:32
  service vehicle soon stevedemp23 2 2,505 16:th-Jan-2020, 08:11:31
  Door locking Flick19191 1 1,851 22:nd-Nov-2019, 09:40:18
  Intermittent alarms and auto-locking dawks 2 2,378 10:th-Nov-2019, 10:19:58
Service Bulletin syscleaner 2 2,474 1:st-Sep-2019, 18:26:13
Last Post: syscleaner