Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
pro go cam dash

Go Pro Dash Cam
If you run it down the edge of the trim under the rubber weather strip, there will be no issues with airbags.
We could debate this all day but if you take a look you really need to go the other side of the airbag.

It's all down to personal preference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Okay guys, Thanks again for all the tips! Still struggling to see where I should run this. Here is where I am currently trying to run the cable down

Now is that the place I should be running it down or should or be further along like here

Sent from my OnePlusOne

Astra Energy 63 Plate 1.7 CDTI (150BHP)

Keep running it down there and you will find the 2 holes I was on about

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
Never mind guys! I was thinking way too much into this! I can just route it like this can't I!! Haha

Just ran that behind the rubber trim rather than trying to go deep into the dash with it!

Sent from my OnePlusOne

Yes that's what I was saying but rather than that big hole there is a smaller one up near the top :-)

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Yeah I know what you mean now mate! Didn't really matter too much about tucking it inside those holes as the trim covers it anyway! Right done! Haha. Thanks a lot guys! Just got a little bulge on the airbag trim but I can live with that.

Sent from my OnePlusOne

Sorted!

Here's a question though... Do you guys leave yours in the car when you get out or take it our for fear of it getting nicked?

Sent from my OnePlusOne

I leave mine in the car.

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Fair doos! I have taken mine out for now but may end up leaving it in one day. Just glad to finally have the wiring in! Ha

Out of interest how do you get the wire from the pillar to the dash cam? In the roof lining?

I literally pushed it into the roof lining where it stops at the windscreen... Didn't have to take anything apart or anything like that... Just shoved it into the gap where the roof ends and glass begins and it's fine

Sent from my OnePlusOne

And to think you were worried about the mirror wire lol

Sent from my LG G4 using Tapatalk
That's how I did mine, as I said no need to remove the pillar trim.

That G1W you have is the cam I've just removed and thrown in the cupboard when I got my SJ4000 lol.

I never remove my cam unless I use it for something else which is rare. But mine is a GoPro rep so I can use it under water or stick it to the outside of the car.
I wouldnt mind a dash cam but that looks too big for my liking. Ive seen some smaller ones on ebay but have read that tbe quality isn't fantastic.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 using Tapatalk
It's not even visible once you have it installed properly... I had mine too low, I now stick it behind the rear view mirror and it can't be seen but still covers the same field of view .

Also the one I got was only 37 quid and quality is almost as good as the go pro I have!

Sent from my OnePlusOne

the mini0801 I have is perfect no complaints at all.

Have a look at this thread I put a couple of videos in it.

http://www.vxoc.org.uk/forum/Thread-In-car-camera
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
The quality does look very good. It's difficult because you it'd something you want to rely on if anything ever does happen.

Sent from my LG G4 using Tapatalk

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dash cam recommendations Telsun 12 5,716 16:th-Mar-2019, 15:26:08
Last Post: Dooks
  Plug behind dash Steve_warner 5 4,674 1:st-Jun-2017, 09:43:42
Last Post: vocky
  Red dash how can I get this ? Daz21 5 4,911 18:th-Aug-2016, 10:33:22
Last Post: Daz21
  Dash Dials DaPa 2 3,587 6:th-Jan-2016, 01:38:33
Last Post: Kris
  Yellow light on dash - car with lock through it JJ-Yorks 6 5,758 26:th-Jan-2015, 22:53:33
Last Post: JJ-Yorks
  Dash LEDS Rusty2009 9 7,916 6:th-May-2014, 08:52:14
Last Post: cornishtaz