Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average

Tags
s what your mpg

What's your MPG
(18:th-May-2016, 13:44:46)bruce_19 Wrote: Neill,

On my car the air filter helps the car rev, it revs slightly quicker and you can hear it a little but when it comes to mpg it is very minimal if it does make any difference you might be looking at 0.1 mpg which could be achieved by driving slightly different.

If your like me and like to hear your engine then go for it but I will be honest and say if your not planning loads of mods to make it a race car then I would stick with the normal.

Agreed, for 0.1 gain its not worth it....also reckon mine is probably fairly well eco tuned out the factory given the model I have (but I'm not 100%)

As it stands I cant hear the engine above the CD player so that's no biggie and deffo not needing a race car
Regards,
Neill

GTC [1.6 CDTi 16V SS ecoFLEX Limited Edition]
Here's what I get from my 1.7... And I'm not an economical driver either! Ha

Full tank

MPG

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Astra Energy 63 Plate 1.7 CDTI (150BHP)

(28:th-May-2016, 10:06:59)sheppy1 Wrote: Here's what I get from my 1.7... And I'm not an economical driver either! Ha

Full tank

MPG

Well, mine MPG is exactly the same and my car is a Sports Tourer

I'm not an extremely economical driver either, but I like my fuel to last as long as it can eheh

However, sometimes I like to extract all the force out of the 110 donkeys
Astra K 1.0Turbo, average MPG with 3k miles on clock, 52mpg
(29:th-May-2016, 18:52:12)JJ-Yorks Wrote: Astra K 1.0Turbo, average MPG with 3k miles on clock, 52mpg
What Bhp do the 1 litre turbos kick out?

If it's the same as the corsa it will be 115bhp. I had it in my corsa it's a nice revvy engine
103bhp according to Parkers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GTC 2.0 cdti 2014
50-52mpg
45.6mpg actual brim to brim.
Half dual carriageway and half single track A roads with a lot of roundabouts.

Enthusiastic driving with cruising at 77ish, 80 miles a day.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
Hello everbody;

I use 1,3 CDti Opel Astra J Sport in Turkey. So my use fuel in the city avarage 6,6 l/100 Km ( 42,8 Mpg)

http://www.astraturkiye.com/threads/astr...-nedir.28/

www.astraturkiye.com
Here you go....done a couple of thousand miles in it now and this was my trip into work today, I reckon I could improve it a bit but I'd say with normal driving and no chasing people that very high 50's would be normal (58-59).

My main problem on my commute is getting stuck in traffic which trashes the MPG and Average Speed:

Regards,
Neill

GTC [1.6 CDTi 16V SS ecoFLEX Limited Edition]
My 2.0 CDTi regularly says on the trip computer that it is doing around 49-50MPG. Working it out from brimming the tank it works out about the same as the trip computer. Recently did some long distance driving and got 56MPG.
My J 2.0 CDTi manual gets 49MPG combined motorway and urban driving. I compare the trip computer and fuel receipts/odo readings and they are fairly close. But of course that is nowhere near the 60mpg GM claim the car will get......
My H 1.9 CDTi got 53MPG over 60000Mi using same fuel, roads and calculations.......
need a cdti, getting 20 mpg on normal commute, but it is fun.
Hi all.... I have a 2.0 cdti Sri gtc ..12 plate with 71k miles on the clock with full service history with every service between 10-12 k not the suggested 20k !!!
I work in brighouse and live in Warrington so it's roughly 50 miles to work with 95% roughly on the motorway.... At present I'm getting 435 ish mile on £40 , I had a 52 plate Audi A3 1.9tdi ( remapped ) and I was getting 514 miles ish on £40 ... So with past experience I'd say a remap is the way forward, not sure if you get the same gains with a tuning box or pedal

Cheers james
I had to move to BP ultimate because supermarket fuel kept bringing the dpf light on all the time. As soon as i switched it has never come back on.
I've averaged 43mpg over the last 8k of driving. 60% b roads/duel carriageways, 40% around town. Happy with that considering I own a 165 auto elite. Just fill the tank whenever I need to, not worried where I buy my fuel or what type it is. Managed around the same mpg from my previous manual version with s/s. 50+ on long runs.
Prior to this I owned a 1.4t SE manual, managed around 40mpg from that one over 10k, same type driving cycle.
41.6 b-roads with a 2.0 165hp . Not really been on long run 's yet

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
vxr full tank range = 250 miles

They like a little fuel
2.0cdti GTC can get 550 miles to a normal tank but had 720ish when driving careful and this was mostly long run on A roads.

My commute to work was 77 miles down A12, M25 and M11

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Using Tapatalk
(16:th-Mar-2017, 09:06:58)vocky Wrote: vxr full tank range = 250 miles

They like a little fuel

I get that out of My 2.0CDTI if I'm lucky after this sodding ECU update.

Ran through all the diag stuff and the end result is a new ECU is needed.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
I'm a bit gutted... just took the wifes 2.0 ecoboost Siggy on a run from Exeter to Newcastle and was running the tripmeter to see what i could get over the 400 mile trip. About 20 miles from Newcastle, the bloody thing reset before i could grab a photo but was showing 66mpg at average 73mph. Usually get about 450 miles to a tank

My GTC is a bit ***** compared to the readings i see here... i have a 25 mile trip to work each day, 21 miles on motorway and 4 into town and average 42mpg if I'm careful and down to 36 if i run it with a heavy right foot
Well since starting this thread getting on for 2yrs ago now, it's safe to say my MPG has not improved in the slightest

2.0cdti. 6.35l/100km is about 44.5 mpg. 51000 km in 23 months.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
2019 Seat Ateca 1.6 DSG XCellence 

Past 2015 Ford Focus 1.5 Titanium X 
Past 2012 VX Astra 2.0 Cdti Sri Vx Line 
Past 2008 Civic 1.8 Type S

Was getting 38.4mpg average by calculation until Vauxhall very kindly replaced the engine under warranty, now getting 36.3mpg driven the same way of. The same routes. It's a 1.4T GTC. Only covered about 2500 miles on the new engine though so there is hope of improvement yet. No matter, it's all about smiles/miles and that it delivers.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk
This is what I get on my 1.7 remapped

It's always been about the same. It's currently on the better side though. Driving is mainly motorway though so expected to be this high

Sent from my XT1635-02 using Tapatalk

I have gtc 1.6 turbo and get an average of 31mpg.not great :(
(5:th-Feb-2016, 07:39:41)WoZLinGToN Wrote: I'm getting about 28mpg average out of the 1.6 turbo 180, I think it's something to do with the strange power band. Mid-range is really sluggish which is ok if I am pottering around town but as soon as I want a bit of torque theres none there, hence why I have a habit of keeping the revs high and drinking the fuel.

After reading on the forums im sure a remap would give that mid range where its needed but reluctant to invalidate the warranty!

Thats pretty much how mine feels.Iget around 31mpg.
Hi guys, got a 1.7 cdti 110bhp (for now) I'll post the exact mpg once back in Hull for now the car is saying 65mpg but will see at the pump on Monday
1.6 whisper Diesel engine on 65 plate. Trip 1 at 53.6 and trip 2 52.0. I'm ok with these figures as over winter so hope to see improvements as weather improves.
Ok Done the Trip so:
The actual Figures (calculated) are: 5.38L/100km and 52.5MPG

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(17:th-May-2016, 13:21:41)bruce_19 Wrote: Well I do a 18 mile commute and mine has now dropped down to 29.5 mpg but with Aberdeen finally getting a bypass I can manage with the crap mpg till the end of next year then is should be up a wee bit.

I can only get about 2-3 miles of the speed limit then its start stop both too and from work.

My missus is building that road (designed the bridge over Don) 
My average mpg is 49.5. As you can see is only town driving. I've got 1.7 130ps with mapped engine up to 164hp

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Hello! I haven't introduced myself yet, my name is Luke and I've just been going through most of the forum reading up on how to do little modifications and reading about everyones cars!
They are all great and you are all so friendly!

I have the Astra J SRI VX Line 1.6 Turbo on a 2012 plate. I've had it for nearly a week and with my normal journey to work I get about 27-28mpg but I took the motorway this morning and was getting around 37mpg (instantaneous) sat at 75-80 with cruise control. (overall average 32.5mpg)
Think I'll be taking that route more often!
It'll be getting mapped soon to help with the lack of torque and hopefully the MPG a little bit!
1.4T and i get 29mpg not trying to be eco

My vxr is doing 26.2 MPG, not too bad I thought
(9:th-May-2017, 17:19:41)vocky Wrote: My vxr is doing 26.2 MPG, not too bad I thought

Im happy with 29 for my 1.4T as im around town and non eco drive and got about 34 for my 1.6 petrol so yeah its not bad

LOL What are those fuel consumption for most of you I'm driving J 2011 sports tourer 2.0 160. When driving city I'm getting not more than 29mpg. This winter I was driving from Bulgaria to France for a ski vacation and never managed to make more than 39mpg. I assume something is wrong my car or...?? Would love an advise
34-37 mpg on short runs, a bit more on long runs. On 18" wheels.
Noticeably heavier on fuel than my two previous cars which were Passat estates, but then this one's an automatic.

It's forgivable though, because it's such a nice car to drive.
If it was good on fuel but gutless I'd be feeling different !
Fuel consumption's not everything.
I get 40mpg on a 1.7 (108hp) diesel mixed town and motorway. Is this normal?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
I get 45mpg mixed town & motorway on the 2.0cdti, drops to 40mpg town only & all the way up to 57mpg on motorway only, if I set the cruise @70mph and don't touch it!

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
Best I've had... Must be the new dpf filter

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(16:th-Aug-2020, 12:44:24)Kiel0777 Wrote: Best I've had... Must be the new dpf filter
I would take that with a pinch of salt. My trip had the same reading, when I actually worked it out by filling it up and dividing the total mileage by number of litres I put in it came out as a true measurement of 52mpg. Still pretty good though.

1.7cdti Ecoflex with stop start on, mixture of urban and motorway.

Sent from my BV6800Pro using Tapatalk
Mine is a little bit disappointing 41.3mpg from my 2.0cdti elite 163bhp(stage1 map 208bhp)