Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average

Tags
s what your mpg

What's your MPG
22.000 km overall average 48mpg (1.6 cdti 100kW)
36.1 mpg

20.9 mph avg speed
Mine seems to be dropping on a daily basis... Now down to exactly 50mpg down from 51 something when I bought it. That normal?

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk

Astra Energy 63 Plate 1.7 CDTI (150BHP)

Be the colder weather I think mate, I'm still only getting 35-37mpg.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(11:th-Dec-2015, 08:25:14)Tonto Wrote: Be the colder weather I think mate, I'm still only getting 35-37mpg.

Yours the 2.0cdti? As mines the same low for some reason.
Yes i have the 2.0 cdti (160). Someone on the Facebook page get between 60-80mpg on runs...

(4:th-Jul-2015, 10:15:06)Mark 150 Wrote: I've got the 1.6 turbo and around town I only get 28mpg

180 or 200 mate?

I've got the 200 and my first week i got 23mpg. this week I've been driving it like a grampa and I'm at 27mpg. not great but not as bad as the vxr. but i had the 1.4t 140 before this an used to boot that everywhere and couldn't get it under 30mpg ever
Damn! After seeing what you all get from your petrols I'm really glad I got a diesel! Mines at an all time low of 49.7 now and was around 51 when I got it.. It's dropping by 0.1 every week for some reason

2013 GTc 2.0 CDTi

had the car three months averaging 48mpg ( real calculated value) over 3400 miles
- trip computer says about 50 mpg average

Mix of all road types.

Very pleased considering engine size and performance
(31:st-Dec-2015, 01:14:58)sheppy1 Wrote: Damn! After seeing what you all get from your petrols I'm really glad I got a diesel! Mines at an all time low of 49.7 now and was around 51 when I got it.. It's dropping by 0.1 every week for some reason

Pretty much how mine is acting

Sent from my LG G4 using Tapatalk
(1:st-Jan-2016, 14:27:05)bhalay207 Wrote:
(31:st-Dec-2015, 01:14:58)sheppy1 Wrote: Damn! After seeing what you all get from your petrols I'm really glad I got a diesel! Mines at an all time low of 49.7 now and was around 51 when I got it.. It's dropping by 0.1 every week for some reason

Pretty much how mine is acting

How odd! Is yours a diesel? I may ask VX about this next time it's in if it's still going down.. Can't be normal unless it is weather related as someone suggested

Mines gone down to 28-32MPG round town I think its to do with the rear brakes tho, Hoping to get it on my mates ramp next week and look into.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Mines still sitting between 20 and 23. Unless I get out on a proper run
switched pertol brand and now getting 42mpg in the 1,4 turbo
We went on a ski trip 350km one way.
4 person + luggage + skis on the roof.

52 mpg, with me driving like an old granny holding strictly to speed limits.. We got there & home anyway!

I am happy.
2013, 2.0 CDti Sri (on 18"s) average mpg 47.7mpg, average speed 43.5mph
I'm getting about 28mpg average out of the 1.6 turbo 180, I think it's something to do with the strange power band. Mid-range is really sluggish which is ok if I am pottering around town but as soon as I want a bit of torque theres none there, hence why I have a habit of keeping the revs high and drinking the fuel.

After reading on the forums im sure a remap would give that mid range where its needed but reluctant to invalidate the warranty!

I love getting vxr mpg out my 1.6t (180)   city driving aswel, I'm in need of a remap
(5:th-Feb-2016, 13:47:33)Shorty S91 Wrote:

I love getting vxr mpg out my 1.6t (180)   city driving aswel, I'm in need of a remap
Holy crap! Here's me moaning because my 51mpg has dropped to 49.4mpg! Hahaha

but i bet you have fun though
No comment  , its only since i've been off work for the last four weeks, gotta keep spirits high
Been driving with a lighter right foot this past week, 300miles, brim to brim, 52.8mpg, which is a bit more like it
Well I started the week out good, then had a couple mini races and well I'm sitting at 33.8mpg... Smiles per gallon!

my 1.6 n/a has just dropped to 30.5mpg over the last couple of weeks...was getting 35 but its got a therostat problem at mo and is going into dealers for it replacing under warranty in a weeks time....hope it returns to normal then.
2.0 cdti and I'm at 37.6 mpg. Very heavy footed though
(15:th-May-2015, 18:31:38)bhalay207 Wrote: So just recently, well since last fill up which was the 9/05, I've set myself a driving challenge of driving as economical as I can.

When I last did this in my Focus it was OK, but nothing fantastic however the Astra has truly surprised me. I do a mixture of town and motorway mileage so thought this would be a good test.

To say I'm impressed with what I'm getting is an understatement, especially considering I drive the 2.0 165bhp!

So come on, get sharing!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk
Awww, 37k on the clock.... She's nearly at 52 now.

I definitely think mine is due a service.... I'm getting nowhere near these figures at the minute

it all will depend on what sort of driving you are doing also
My driving route hasn't changed since I got the car. 60Mile round trip to work consisting of motorway and dual carriageway.

I've gotten a little heavier footed but this past week I've tried focusing on my driving as I did when I originally made this post and I'm still on 44.9.

i am completely heavy footed everywere Haha i do around a 40 mile round trip on my daily commute 1/4 B roads and the rest motorway
and on average i get 38 mpg on the display clock but i really have never worked out what the true figure is as yet
and i haven't even tried to drive in a eco manner or even use the eco button so i must put this on my to do list Haha
but on a long run on the motorway a few weeks back i reset the trip and i was getting 54.4mpg
but it has gone down again now to my average 38 mpg.
I'm going to get it serviced at the end of the month. Hopefully a fresh sump of oil will help matters.

(10:th-Dec-2015, 19:11:04)Jerry Wrote: 22.000 km overall average 48mpg (1.6 cdti 100kW)

The accuracy is really not perfect
BC shows 52.3 mpg the real is 48.
2.0 Cdti 165. 46-48 mpg mostly motorway. Reckon I could get 55 if I really tried but I couldn't drive that slow for that long. Lots of welly back and forth to the motorway going to work.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
(10:th-Dec-2015, 19:11:04)Jerry Wrote: 22.000 km overall average 48mpg  (1.6 cdti 100kW)

I was wondering why my mpg is so low??
I used the wrong calculator from l/100 km to mpg. 

Actual mile per gallon (UK) is 56.5 
My target is 59 mpg but I'm around 57.9/58 at the moment

Traffic flow on my daily commute forces quite a slow average speed (which has a big effect on MPG)
Regards,
Neill

GTC [1.6 CDTi 16V SS ecoFLEX Limited Edition]
(5:th-Feb-2016, 13:47:33)Shorty S91 Wrote:

I got this when i first had the car. Driving like a saint on the motorway doing 60 on cruise.

Long runs i can get. Driving at 70mph then slipping my foot sometimes wink wink.

Usually averaging about 33mpg calculated. 35mpg on the computer. This is on a bigger car as well.

(5:th-Feb-2016, 07:39:41)WoZLinGToN Wrote: I think it's something to do with the strange power band. Mid-range is really sluggish which is ok if I am pottering around town but as soon as I want a bit of torque theres none there.

Not just me then. Nothing wrong with my car yay.
Newcastle to Worksop I got 59mpg.. That was mainly sitting at around 80.. With a couple races too haha

Well I do a 18 mile commute and mine has now dropped down to 29.5 mpg but with Aberdeen finally getting a bypass I can manage with the crap mpg till the end of next year then is should be up a wee bit.

I can only get about 2-3 miles of the speed limit then its start stop both too and from work.
(17:th-May-2016, 11:19:12)Tonto Wrote: Newcastle to Worksop I got 59mpg.. That was mainly sitting at around 80.. With a couple races too haha

That's very good for a 2.0 at that speed....what RPM is it on at 80mph?
Regards,
Neill

(17:th-May-2016, 13:47:00)neilll Wrote:
(17:th-May-2016, 11:19:12)Tonto Wrote: Newcastle to Worksop I got 59mpg.. That was mainly sitting at around 80.. With a couple races too haha

I had it in 6th so 1500-2000 I reckon. But then bmw's happened so it could have been even better lol!

(17:th-May-2016, 13:53:28)Tonto Wrote: I had it in 6th so 1500-2000 I reckon. But then bmw's happened so it could have been even better lol!

Hmmm...assuming you have the 2.0 CDTi 16V engine I should be able to easily get into 60mpg territory (if driving conditions permitted)
Regards,
Neill

(17:th-May-2016, 13:53:28)Tonto Wrote:
(17:th-May-2016, 13:47:00)neilll Wrote:

I had it in 6th so 1500-2000 I reckon. But then bmw's happened so it could have been even better lol!

Tonto that has to be the best quote I've heard in a long time "then bmw's happened"

We have all been there and if its not beemers its the audiots.
@neilll yes mate a 2.0cdti 160. I do mainly town driving so I usually sit around 35mpg lol!

@bruce_19 haha yeah they are fun to play with. Had a play with a 430d but when on that private road e kept backing off when we hit 110, the 118d got smoked haha.

Never had an Audi try it though surprisingly!

2.0 Cdti in 6th is doing about 60 MPH at 1500rpm IIRC.

Mine currently sitting at 38mpg but do get about 60mpg on motorway

Averaging 31.8 in my 2010 1.6 NA. 
Early run to work (4.40am) is clear run @ 60ish and the way back often busy and quite hilly @ 40-50 depending on how many horseboxes and wagons are on the A68.
Rest is school runs averaging 50 mph.

On our runs up to the borders I can see mid 40's easy.

Oh and it is in need of a good servicing...
I think if I didn't have the auto I would be the same as Craig but I have noticed the difference just with the air filter and spark plugs but even that is very little.

I am planning on getting a remap ect to see if there is a difference, the costs involved don't really bother me as this is more a fact finding mission for me so I know what works and will be posting my finding on my project thread.
(18:th-May-2016, 09:45:49)CraigSRi Wrote: Averaging 31.8 in my 2010 1.6 NA. 
Early run to work (4.40am) is clear run @ 60ish and the way back often busy and quite hilly @ 40-50 depending on how many horseboxes and wagons are on the A68.
Rest is school runs averaging 50 mph.

On our runs up to the borders I can see mid 40's easy.

Oh and it is in need of a good servicing...
A few years ago I used to have a Astra H 1.6 NA and would get 400 miles on a tank doing motorway driving. (with traffic) Ave 36-38 mpg. Best I got was 430 miles on a tank.

(18:th-May-2016, 10:51:41)bruce_19 Wrote: I think if I didn't have the auto I would be the same as Craig but I have noticed the difference just with the air filter and spark plugs but even that is very little.

Does the air filter change also help diesel engines mpg?

If so does anybody know the make & part number I need for a 1.6 CDTi EcoFlex pls?
Regards,
Neill

Mine is currently sitting at an average of 51.2mpg with an average speed of 52.4mph, since refitting a tuning box my mpg has increased from around 48mpg to about 51-52mpg

I took a long motorway trip recently, circa 350miles, driving like miss daisy, average was 54mpg..............

I cant see how I could improve beyond that
Neill,

On my car the air filter helps the car rev, it revs slightly quicker and you can hear it a little but when it comes to mpg it is very minimal if it does make any difference you might be looking at 0.1 mpg which could be achieved by driving slightly different.

If your like me and like to hear your engine then go for it but I will be honest and say if your not planning loads of mods to make it a race car then I would stick with the normal. I am planning to change my air filter from the Pipercross to a K&N Filter in the next month or so again this is more for research purpose to see but my car is petrol so it might help the diesel or it might not.

Maybe the filter combined with one of the tuning boxes might help but then the boxes are claiming to save you 1 ltr per 100 km (62 miles) but I would suspect that being the eco tune so no real performance gain. so I would say you would be looking to cover what you pay for the tuning in about 6 months to a year depending on mileage if it is the eco mode you are looking for.

The small miles I do it would be more like 18 months to 2 years before I would break even on a purchase but I'm not interested in getting back what I'm paying out.

My research is plainly for me to see what works and if the claims are true this way hopefully helping people to not waste money and know what works and what doesn't . It will also help me figure out how much money I wasted in my younger days lol.