VXOC Astra-J/GTC

Full Version: What's your MPG
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
So just recently, well since last fill up which was the 9/05, I've set myself a driving challenge of driving as economical as I can.

When I last did this in my Focus it was OK, but nothing fantastic however the Astra has truly surprised me. I do a mixture of town and motorway mileage so thought this would be a good test.

To say I'm impressed with what I'm getting is an understatement, especially considering I drive the 2.0 165bhp!

[Image: 3b53799a8965978b583c66e5b922510d.jpg]

So come on, get sharing!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk
I reckon the 2.0CDTI is by far the best engine for MPG and I don't hang around.
Yeah really good that for the 2.0 engine! Mines 52.1mpg atm and get 620 miles out of a tank of fuel according to the trip computer...have the 1.7CDTI and do 90% motorway driving
I agree. I find it very quick!
Use www.fuelly.com to get a true mpg rather than rely on the VX computer, you'll be surprised how inaccurate it can be. I have tracked the past 17,859 miles and I am avergaing 46.9mpg on the 1.7td Ecoflex model
on board computers are usually a little bit out but i find they're normally a good indication
Wow... I'm getting 34.9 mpg and roughly 420 miles out of a tank lol... I have the 2.0 160bhp
My trip computer says 53mpg roughly, although I always fill up at around 1/4 tank as I just fill up every Sunday no matter how much is left.

1.7 CDTI 125bhp
How new is yours @Tonto?

4 years old @bhalay207
Oh, not a case of it wearing in then

Yeah lol, think I've just got a heavy foot
I've now found out the dash figures are not exactly accurate (can be almost 10mpg out) however this is the best I've got on a run to London and back in my 1.3.

[Image: 17951490059_1c472fabbf.jpg]

Got just over 740miles out that tank... smaller tank on the 1.3 too not bad out of £65 can't say it's quick round town but it's perfect for me at the moment.
Wow, that's brilliant!

i will not speck of my MPG ha ha i should have got a VXR ha ha
but that is very good
I get around 30mpg out of my VXR.

Didn't realise 1.3 had a smaller tank, diesel round your area myst be expensive as a tank Nitro+ for me only cost £69 if tank is bone dry.
baz i about match you mate ha ha
I'm 35mpg and always fill up at quarter of a tank so about £52. About 420 miles to a tank
I'm still reading at 51.4mpg. I must say that since I've focused my driving style I don't arrive wound up anymore.

Last 6mths I've been looking at my driving and around town I'm averaging 48mpg, on a run from South Wales to Devon I get 55-58mpg just on this run!! So overall happy with the fuel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Is there a way to get mpg up? Like cleaning engine or that cleaning thing they offer at a service?
Doubt you'll see any noticeable difference depending on age/mileage.

I know a lot of people with other cars (mainly VAG dervs) who have seen mpg gains by mapping.

Obviously regular servicing and just generally looking after the car I'd hope that you'll keep your mpg as it should be over time.

My mate had a terraclean done on his golf GTTDI and said it made an improvement...
It's a 2011 2.0 cdti 53k miles. I only got the car in March. According to service book it has full service history, but yeah I average around 35mpg lol
35mpg is low mate how are you driving it? I don't hang around and I drive it hard and I get 40-45 round town.

At first I was smashing it up the A1 to work but now I'm taking it easier, past 2 weeks since baby born been driving properly and not really seen an increase in mpg at all,
Finally getting my mpg up. Driving like a saint and it's killing me haha. Switched to shell Vpower diesel too.
[Image: 6ae430b060ee10408276daa37045586e.jpg]

I've been using BP ultimate and I'm getting less MPG than using Sainsbury's.
Wow really?! I was using morrisons/asda, but heard bad things so switched back to shell!

I've tried driving slow. I just can't do it. 80 - 90+ on motorway. I try and stick to 70 then find I've gone over without realising.

If I used it for work I'd try a little harder I suppose. Ha.

Haha same here mate, I have a heavy foot so around 35mpg will be my average again soon enough...

Yes I'm gonna keep running it for few months and see if it improves if it doesn't I'll back to Sainsbury's.
I used to use vpower nitro+ in the VXR I've now switched back to Tesco Momentum not really noticed much difference apart from an extra £3 in my pocket after each fill up. Shell is 98ron and Momentum 99ron
Yeah I'm going to keep running Vpower and see!

What did you use in the GTC Baz?
Shell normal to start with then tried nitro and didn't really notice any difference
2.0 cdti 49.5 mpg so far this tank. Usually get about 600 miles to a tank. Trip 2 shows 48mpg over 2500 miles.
Most I got from a tank was 715 miles... average 600 ish.

I have a 2.0cdti and do mostly dual carriageway driving.
I am beging to wonder if it was a good idea to change as my mpg have taken a nose dive since getting mine.

[Image: 147ef8294bf2788da9c495835cf4c412.jpg]

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

That should have looked like this even.

[Image: 3842e40fb19f7bcbcff7dac46e0739f5.jpg]

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk
(15:th-Jun-2015, 22:51:50)pope30 Wrote: [ -> ]2.0 cdti 49.5 mpg so far this tank. Usually get about 600 miles to a tank. Trip 2 shows 48mpg over 2500 miles.

You get 600miles out of a two litre????
My 1.7 diesel i struggle to get 400 and my average is 41.5 mpg

The photos are from the last year.Now i have 42000 KM

Hyper
(16:th-Jun-2015, 07:20:40)Lewis6317 Wrote: [ -> ]
(15:th-Jun-2015, 22:51:50)pope30 Wrote: [ -> ]2.0 cdti 49.5 mpg so far this tank. Usually get about 600 miles to a tank. Trip 2 shows 48mpg over 2500 miles.

You get 600miles out of a too litre????

Yes I do a tank a week. As I live in Leeds and work in Manchester. I
one thing i have found with normal shell fuel and shell VPower
is that even thou the Vpower is more expensive and you get less liters for your money
i get the same distance for the same price using it that i would using the normal shell  
i have always used VPower as the car seems to like it better
the premium fuels can in certain cars give more power not massive gains but a small improvement will be there
and the same will apply to MPG small gains to be had and a cleaner engine must be good

some clips for you all to look at

(16:th-Jun-2015, 07:20:40)Lewis6317 Wrote: [ -> ]

You get 600miles out of a too litre????

My 1.7 as a comparison gets around 450 but I do fill up when the range is at around 100ish.
I don't see any benefit of using shell fuel. I always use Asda or morrisons fuel and have never had any issues. I have esso fuel in at the moment but only because it was close to where I was and needed some. Can't say it's any better than supermarket fuel.

Now I've driven carefully for so long it's become second nature.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
I'm currently getting 24mpg at the minute which is an improvement on the old car the was managing 20mpg doing the same journeys
I've recently moved from Shell nitro + over to costco premium derv on a count of it being £1.139 Big grin

Tracked with app rather than using dash which is pretty inaccurate looks like I'm getting high 50s on average mixture of commute with a few long journeys at the moment.
I've got the 1.6 turbo and around town I only get 28mpg
Ouch :( I thought my 35-40 was bad :/

The best I've ever had is 35 and that was on a long run
Best so far 0.57/10 km (49 mpg?) with summer tyres. During winter & studded tyres, but calmer driving consumption is steady at 0.62 (45 mpg).. Is abit too much cause I eco-drive and some people say I "parked" on the 110km/h road. Going 115.

Car is Astra Sports Tourer 1.7 125 hp. (Like it anyway)..
Pages: 1 2 3