Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Tags
high brake level light?

High Level Brake Light?
My boot has water where the spare wheel is and I've now figured out, it's coming through the High Level Brake Light in the Centre, has anyone removed this ok without chipping the glass? the 2 bolt's behind it are welded can't figure out how to remove the glass break light? Thanks
i removed the light ones when i was painting the spoiler and it did not come out easy at all
i had to brake it out and replace it there are no bolts it just clips in but no real way i found to unclip it
there is a gasket around the light this will be why the water is cumming in i have head of plants who have had this problem
but not all that common now but it was an issue pre 2011
Thanks for your reply tucpal look's like a garage job then :( i will get pricing up?
Bit of a bugger to do I did add this into the light section http://www.vxoc.org.uk/forum/Thread-High...brake-lamp

I found the metal clips that hold it are in fact on the bottom (I broke some at the top so ordered a new light) So I have no plans to remove it again just in case @ £36 it's not worth me trying again.

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Hi all ,newbie to the site
Just replaced my high level brake light and had it out quite quickly.
I used a small putty knife with insulation tape on the blade to press down at each top fixing point and applied a little pulling action and they flicked out quite easily. This is because the bottom retainers are Spring metal and push down easily so allowing the fixed top retainers to be flicked out. Then manoeuvred it out carefully taking care not to break the support for the connection plug. At no point did I have to lever off the bodywork as there is a risk of damaging the paint work.
Sorry about the double take I thought I had hit the wrong button and had lost the first post. The admin had to clear it and I missed that prompt on the first post
(16:th-Nov-2015, 21:24:25)Steve64 Wrote: Sorry about the double take I thought I had hit the wrong button and had lost the first post.  The admin had to clear it and I missed that prompt on the first post

No problems mate thanks for the tips, always handy.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
Thanks Rusty 
Can you delete this last post please ?I have resubmitted it by mistake using my browser instead of the forum navigation . I am getting used to things now.
Thanks
Not a problem all done.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Jesus... mines stopped, what sort of bulk is it as thought led strip?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Using Tapatalk
My rear high level break light has seemed to have stopped working. There is an error code"16" on the dash but as the lower right rear brake light is also gone i am assuming the error code is referring to this.

Any ideas as to whether this seems is a common fault or not?

Nothing but problems with my astra:

water in boot due to badly sealed grommets
front left window deregulator had to be replaced
dash had to be replaced as lights for demisters not working

AM i just unlucky
Code 16 is brake light failure.

It's very common for bulbs to fail and it comes as part of owning a car.

Why would have the dash replaced for a light or 2 on the heater panel not working?

Sadly sometimes there are some cars out there which are just problem cars & that's all you ever hear you never hear about the 1000's which never have an issue.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
(15:th-Dec-2016, 08:42:06)Rusty2009 Wrote: Sadly sometimes there are some cars out there which are just problem cars & that's all you ever hear you never hear about the 1000's which never have an issue.

GM would never release any figures but it would be interesting to see which production factory's have the biggest fault complains in terms of aftersale issues. There are 6 production sites I believe, I wonder which ranks highest in number of complaints and which has the least. My VX Line was built in Gliwice, Poland.
(15:th-Dec-2016, 10:44:14)stigeye Wrote:
(15:th-Dec-2016, 08:42:06)Rusty2009 Wrote: Sadly sometimes there are some cars out there which are just problem cars & that's all you ever hear you never hear about the 1000's which never have an issue.

GM would never release any figures but it would be interesting to see which production factory's have the biggest fault complains in terms of aftersale issues. There are 5 production sites I believe, I wonder which ranks highest in number of complaints and which has the least. I believe my VX Line was built in Poland.

Gotta be Liverpool   that's where mine was built.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
I think I just saw these clocking out of the Ellesmere Port plant lol...

Rusty for some reason they said they had to replace dash unit. I just told them to ensure the lights were fixed and they said "It was not as straight forward as you think"

I know that my bottom driver side brake light is gone so I am assuming that is error code 16. But the the high level one as well.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Brake pedal sensor learn. Richiew1986 0 1,291 22:nd-Jul-2021, 16:53:31
Last Post: Richiew1986
  Coolant light coming on when coolant is full (new sensor and no leaks) baffling me! Brasseyebaby 3 2,950 2:nd-Feb-2021, 21:12:47
Last Post: Jpbroad1970
  DPF Level App bannan 6 3,346 17:th-May-2020, 11:11:16
Last Post: Kiel0777
  Gtc 2017 1.4t 120 front brake disc size Nathan191210 2 2,788 25:th-Apr-2020, 07:41:05
Last Post: Rusty2009
  DPF REGEN LIGHT Starie 113 55,694 19:th-Apr-2020, 21:00:20
Last Post: Multiskilled
Spanner Light illuminated with engine off Wwood1991 2 3,239 11:th-Feb-2020, 13:01:57
Last Post: Big Dave2
  High Idle 1.7 cdti Cossie 0 2,679 26:th-Aug-2019, 07:06:32
Last Post: Cossie
  Rear brake pads and discs everson38 4 3,644 28:th-May-2019, 10:53:57
Last Post: Big Dave2
  Rear Light Replacement (Need Advice) A.ROD 2 4,923 17:th-Dec-2018, 19:17:48
Last Post: A.ROD
  Jolt when releasing brake on autobox Djones55 3 3,732 21:st-Oct-2018, 10:42:34
Last Post: Canasta

Who read this thread?
1 User(s) read this thread:
Rusty2009 (21:st-Feb-2024, 07:32:26)