Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Tags
wiring

Wiring
Hi Guys

Wondering which type of wiring you all use for the little bits of work you do...just run out of the last lot of wiring I had which I got from Halfords. Not sure if you all got a specific type. Sure it won't actually matter but thought I'd ask anyway

Thanks

Astra Energy 63 Plate 1.7 CDTI (150BHP)

It all depends on what your doing as to what wire you would use.

I will get that info for you tomorrow (in been in bed most of day with a migraine).
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Awwww not again dude :( that's okay, take your time, I'm not in a hurry .

Well I used the same one that I got from Halfords for all the lighting mods I did bit tbh I'm not sure which one it was...

5 amp red and black does most jobs lol
Yeah I think that was the one I had lol. Just checking to see if there was another one I should have been using. Will pick some more of that up thanks

just let us know what you are doing but 5 amp is fine for lighting mods
5 amp will handle upto 60w

watts =volts x amps
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Thanks mate never been very good with electrical stuff! Ha. So what circumstances would I need a higher amp wire?

Won't be buying it this month but is this wiring going to be suitable for odd jobs on the car:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RED-AND-BLACK-...25a448403d

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Front PDC wiring diagram milozic 1 2,466 2:nd-Feb-2021, 09:33:19
Last Post: Rusty2009
  No wiring for the interior boot light marcus01 5 5,505 20:th-Dec-2017, 16:48:23
Last Post: rlievens
  Help wiring ambient lighting Daz21 1 5,262 12:th-Sep-2016, 20:14:05
Last Post: tucpal
  Reverse Camera wiring sheppy1 13 7,371 5:th-Feb-2016, 18:06:19
Last Post: tucpal
  Wiring Crimping Help sheppy1 15 8,541 3:rd-Jan-2016, 19:05:19
Last Post: sheppy1