Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Tags
retro options factory fitting

Retro fitting factory options
Does retro fitting factory options count as a modification?

TPMS (Tyre pressure monitor system)
AFL (Adaptive Forward lighting with Bi xenons)

Both of which make the car safer and I read somewhere that the EU are going to make it compulsory that all new cars have TPMS and Xenon headlamps.

I know it's a modification to the car but they are factory options and all genuine parts have been used rather than aftermarket light units.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
I'd inform them shouldn't make a difference to your premium. Would nake a difference if you had a write off claim as the mods would be factored into the claim. Also if you had a fire claim they could put it down to the added electrics not being declared. I'd declare your wheels as well

When I had my red GTC all body parts were declared and didn't affect the premium with Chris Knott
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Definitely worth disclosing them so there's no comeback from either the insurer or the boys in blue if they pull you over and do a check.
Yeah just when getting on-line there is nothing under lights apart from "Driving Lights" which I've ticked,

So going through the list I would tick

Sports Steering Wheel (as I have the retrofitted the VXR steering wheel)
Driving Lights (As I've retro fitted the AFL System)
Tow Bar (As I have an aftermarket one fitted)
Tinted Windows (Rear ONLY)
Air Filter (Due to the K&N panel filter)
TPMS no option for that one.

Would tick Dashboard Changes due to the LED conversion?

Which one would my spoiler come under
Rear Spoiler / Aerofoil, Rear Roof Spoiler
As to the alloys I had alloys when I got the car and I've changed them for Vauxhall ones.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
You'd be better off phoning them as it's always difficult entering mods online
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The online forms are notoriously bad for entering mods. I must admit most of our work is done over the phone because it's just easier for everyone and you can email us your mods list while we're on the phone if you have one.