Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Tags
led in color of speedometer change

Change of LED color in Speedometer
Oh, I like the white.... Very vw'esk.

Sent from my LG G4 using Tapatalk
I need to this again to the siggy but may have other plans
Having been used to Ford green for the past 4yrs I quite like the red but I could be tempted by the white especially on the centre display.

I'd probably be tempted to leave the rest red but not sure whether that would look mismatched

The worlds your oyster with color blue does look very good but a green clock glow with blue display Ha ha what ever you want
I was thinking the same to change the speedo to blue and keep the needles red and keep the middle red but change the electric windows to blue??
(28:th-Nov-2015, 23:30:32)tucpal Wrote: The worlds your oyster with color blue does look very good but a green clock glow with blue display Ha ha what ever you want
Yeah that would look like the harlequin polo Haha.

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Does look nice Rusty :-p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
does look good rusty still cant decide if white needles would look good if i can find a bright enough led for it?
(1:st-Mar-2015, 13:16:11)cornishtaz Wrote: Better pic this is with the kingbright leds

Baz, I want my speedo to look just like yours, what LEDs did you use and how many please? Cheers

The centre lcd is qty 4 90° side leds. The needles were qty 4 plcc2 but if your going blue I'd recommend painting the needles blue if left red they'll look black at night
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The missus has a golf and I love the layout of the dash colours. It has red buttons and white displays.

I wouldn't mind doing the same but I'm not sure you can get a strong enough aftermarket LED?

@cornishtaz you mentioned to me to paint the needles if I wanted blue, well I actually used a nail file and filed the red off and they light up blue on their own now
@Nemo Cool if you'd used some t-cut would have got the red off. Got any daytime and night pics yhe paint is more to stop the light spreading and keeping it more defined
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Didn't have any to hand

Look a bit turquoise and a bit on the light side. The paint would make them darker like the display.

Still look good and an alternative to painting
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I actually quite like them in the lighter blue, each to their own aha
Can anyone recommend someone to do this?, I'd have a go myself but lethal with a soldering iron
Where are based?

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
Here's a few of mine if anyone's curious as to how blue with white dials would look 

(14:th-Jun-2016, 17:51:37)Rusty2009 Wrote: Where are based?

Whitley Bay near Newcastle
Whitley bay near newcastle
This looks perfect
OSRAM LW A6SG ordered

Thank you for tutorial
Danke viel

Sent from my LG G5 SE using Tapatalk
Hello everyone. I am new in forum from Turkey. i have 2013 astra j enjoy active. on my speedometer there is no white circle light. I dont think its an electrical issue. can anyone know 

how to open those lights? pictures from net. right one is like mine. 
They are SMD it has 2 colour's, White & Green.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Hello Guys,

I have question, what is the color on the first photo?
It's a some kind of dark led or its just white?
(20:th-Jan-2019, 23:31:00)hapvlz Wrote: Hello Guys,

I have question, what is the color on the first photo?
It's a some kind of dark led or its just white?

Just a white LED.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Window switch LED colour change cornishtaz 41 21,678 10:th-Oct-2020, 16:05:52
Last Post: Jinkie
  How-To GID Colour change umognog 7 8,188 18:th-Feb-2018, 08:58:05
Last Post: Rusty2009
  Gear surround LED colour change cornishtaz 24 20,857 24:th-Jan-2016, 22:24:30
Last Post: cornishtaz

Who read this thread?
2 User(s) read this thread:
ziTneY (16:th-Oct-2023, 21:40:54), iNeoTom (12:th-Mar-2024, 20:49:17)