Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
removal vent checking

Vent Removal/Checking
Not sure if this belongs here at the moment...not unless someone has enough info to turn it into a how too anyway...but I need help regarding the two air vents in either side of the car near the doors. These are the ones that have the silver trim on them.

Basically I've managed to make mine very loose due to replacing the trim on them and was wondering how I'd go about tightening them up...this does sort of lead on to a how too for removing them completely and how to put them back in again I guess as I notice we don't have one for that.

Cheers

Astra Energy 63 Plate 1.7 CDTI (150BHP)

Not quite sure how they come out not looked TBH.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Awwww no! I thought there would be a cheeky how to lying around somewhere that i'd missed lol

This is what the Haynes says

Air Vents

Removal

1 To remove the vents from each side of the fascia, carefully prise free the relevant vent using a plastic spatula or similar tool to depress the four retainers.

2 To remove the air vents from the centre of the fascia, remove the fascia upper centre panel (radio fascia).

3 Depress the four retainers securing each vent and withdraw the relevant vent from the fascia.

Refitting

4 Refitting is a reversal of removal.

They give no pictures so if you want to do a How-to please do.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
Thanks for that rusty! that's for the centre console ones though..I was referring to the ones nearest the doors

this is the door ones

1 To remove the vents from each side of the fascia, carefully prise free the relevant vent using a plastic spatula or similar tool to depress the four retainers.

the rest is for the centre vents
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
moved to retro fit research till you get a how to done

look at these pictures you will see the tabs marked with a white arrow

there will be 4 tabs i would say if they are loose then they just need a bang back in place
as for how they come out or you get to the tabs not to sure
Hahaha the good old "give it a whack" solution eh :P. Thanks for that, I wasn't looking to actually remove them so probably won't be able to help turn this into a how to. I just wanted to know how they did come out so that I could figure out if they are broke or just loose.

Thanks for that

Rusty2009 Wrote:this is the door ones

the rest is for the centre vents

Ahhhh yeah! I get ya now, that lines up with what tucpal was saying awesome...cheers

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Easy removal of glowplugs? Euroshopper 1 1,866 13:th-Nov-2020, 16:21:11
Last Post: eatmybogbrush
  Small glove box removal chrisb2511 7 6,232 5:th-Mar-2019, 13:14:03
Last Post: Rusty2009
  Astra J 2.0cdti engine removal Iaintruten 0 3,512 2:nd-Nov-2017, 16:23:36
Last Post: Iaintruten
  dpf removal and remap on a17dte? rbull51 4 5,126 1:st-Dec-2016, 23:02:47
Last Post: tucpal
  Drivers door glass removal Daz21 3 4,168 19:th-Aug-2016, 17:11:38