Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
recall

recall
so i have a recall today to remove the battery cover as it may block the cooling fan
and to check the cooling fan is not blocked or obstructed
funny as my car has never had the battery cover fitted but i did get one and fit it myself
so looks like i will remove this just to be on the safe side
i will give them a phone about this as i am not going to the dealers just to have them remove a battery cover
but i also know this is not a new recall and has been around for a while now.
I also fitted one myself. Looks much better with it fitted. The car went in for a service 2 weeks ago and they never said a word.
very strange i will give them a call over this
It's really popping up on Facebook my advise is remove the battery cover and book the car in.

I do believe there is a tweak to the software to cut the engine if there is a problem with the fan to stop anything catching fire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Ok mate thanks

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ECM "Upgrade" Recall Causing Performance Issue? Black_Cat 4 6,109 6:th-Nov-2016, 22:57:55
Last Post: Rusty2009
  Vauxhall recall Daz21 10 7,453 14:th-Apr-2016, 19:30:22
Last Post: Steve64