Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Tags
seat clips rear

Rear Seat Clips
Hi Guys,

So the cowboy who fitted my seats appears to have not done the back one properly and/or broke the clip while doing it. Basically the back seat isn't clipped into the actual base properly so I can lift it up really easily. From feeling around it feels like one of the metal prongs which is covered with a black plastic clip isn't actually clipping into the base properly...it actually feels like the black plastic clip is broken.

Does anyone know where i can get another one of these from?

Thanks

Astra Energy 63 Plate 1.7 CDTI (150BHP)

There should be a black bit which goes into a white bit or other way round, I will get the part number later for you it will be a Vauxhall or autovaux order thou.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
I've seen the black clip which sits on top of (covers) the metal prongs which are in the seat cushion, that's still there but feels broken and just isn't clipping into anything in the seat frame...so not sure which I'd need...ill order both if they are cheap.

Thanks a million

Could you not take the part of your old seat?
WhelanUK Wrote:Could you not take the part of your old seat?

These parts are from my old seat because they didn't come with them :(

look at these pictures from the how to
see the white plastic cap they need to be pushed onto the black metal clips
on the bench first before the lower bench is put back in place
and then clip the bench back in to the holes

do you have the white clips.
Ahhhh! No I don't think I do, as I say I can't see it because the bench is down but when I have the seats to the guy it only had one black clip over a metal prong. I assumed he would take what he needed from the other seats but apparently he didn't.

I never saw those white clips anyway, just black ones which fit loosely over the metal u shape prong as I say. Looks like I'm missing that white plug..

sounds like they broke the white plastic caps getting them out
so you are just left with the inside metal part
when you take the lower bench out they tend to stay in the holes
then they need to be removed from the holes and put back on the clips on the seat
before they go back in the holes check the old seat and see if they are there
if not sure there not very expensive to replace
I looked awhile ago as I need to replace mine as I broke them iirc they are £10-15 each.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
Damn!!! Thought they would be about 3 quid each :-/ ha

You own a Vauxhall not a ford mate,
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Rusty2009 Wrote:You own a Vauxhall not a ford mate,

Good point, well made! Haha. Still trying to decide if that's a good or bad thing too!

tucpal Wrote:sounds like they broke the white plastic caps getting them out
so you are just left with the inside metal part
when you take the lower bench out they tend to stay in the holes
then they need to be removed from the holes and put back on the clips on the seat
before they go back in the holes check the old seat and see if they are there
if not sure there not very expensive to replace

Will try and lift the bench out when i get a minute to see if its stuck in the hole or not...think ill have to buy this part once rusty gets back to me with it anyway

its worth a look as the old ones may well be there
if so you need to push both sides of the clip and pull up
to get them out off the hole
I'll get the part numbers in the morning mate

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Rusty2009 Wrote:I'll get the part numbers in the morning mate

thanks mate

Right the part number is as follows

24437789 BRACKET, RETAINER, CUSHION PAD (PRODUCTION NO. 12823465)

Autovaux are £9.71 each plus P&P
http://www.autovaux.co.uk/product/24437789-bracket.aspx
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Rusty2009 Wrote:Right the part number is as follows

24437789 BRACKET, RETAINER, CUSHION PAD (PRODUCTION NO. 12823465)

Autovaux are £9.71 each plus P&P
http://www.autovaux.co.uk/product/24437789-bracket.aspx

Thanks mate! Not sure if that's the part I'll need now...I reached under the cushion and into the hole in the actual car frame and I was able to pinch a piece of plastic (assuming this is the white one stuck in the hole) if this is still there then it must he the black clip that's broken otherwise it would all just clip in when I push down in it wouldn't it?

You need both parts and both must be on the metal U clip before you fix the seat back down, the above part number has the white and black part.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Ahhh that's fine then there was no photo so couldn't see which part that link was for. Guess I'll have to buy that then...may give VX a ring to see if they are selling for the same price. Thanks btw

Edit: awesome! My local vx dealership has this part all in for £11

you are going to have to push real hard to get the new ones back on the metal hooks
then when they are on the hooks then fit the rear seat and push the seat down above were the caps are so they go in the hole
Hmmm didn't realise the black thing clipped onto the u shaped metal prong so tightly...they were literally falling off just from slight movement when I was getting them to the garage...any idea why they even made it so you had to put the black bit over the prong AND THEN pop the whole lot into the white clip and not just sack the idea of the black bit off?

Got the clip today and the back bit is already tightly stuck inside the white bit...can I just slot the whole thing onto the metal prongs or do I have to remove the black bit and fit that first...?

[ATTACH]355[/ATTACH]

Nvm, all sorted now the other one was all snapped and cracked:

[ATTACH]356[/ATTACH]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

yer they just push on to the hooks on the seat as they are with the black bit still inside the white bit
then just bang the seat down and it will fix in place

glad you got it sorted out :cool :cool
tucpal Wrote:yer they just push on to the hooks on the seat as they are with the black bit still inside the white bit
then just bang the seat down and it will fix in place

glad you got it sorted out :cool :cool

Yeah that's just what I did just went for it rigjt after posting my question :P ha. Bought my soldering iron too to tidy up the gear stick wiring and also to do the door LEDs!

cool sounds good
it is common to brake them clips when removing the seat
but glad you got it sorted out
Yeah probably the garage that broke it! But all sorted now and cleaned the interior too with the leather cleaner

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lowering springs identify front rear martinpe68 1 1,668 12:th-Sep-2021, 15:22:37
Last Post: Rusty2009
  VXR Seat (not the handle) Bigsmokeuk 1 1,822 12:th-Feb-2021, 11:16:57
Last Post: killboy
  A slightly different seat tilt breakage killboy 1 1,757 28:th-Jan-2021, 23:20:12
Last Post: Jpbroad1970
  Astra J Rear Bench Seat Clip. MrScottyMan 1 1,808 24:th-Jan-2021, 14:44:22
  Rear diffuser Elad1962 3 2,472 29:th-Sep-2020, 22:14:18
Last Post: marktourino
  Drivers seat broken trim Big Dave2 10 4,544 21:st-Aug-2020, 22:19:41
Last Post: Big Dave2
  DRL Replacement - Snapped clips Marc_81 1 1,633 3:rd-Aug-2020, 21:18:39
Last Post: Rusty2009
  BiTurbo Rear Bumper Dudderz 3 2,463 5:th-Jun-2020, 19:49:44
  Rear Bumper PN 13346637 Jonnymac07 1 2,138 13:th-May-2020, 14:56:05
Last Post: paula9568
  No sound on indicators, seat belt warning and quiet front parking sensors mpotsb 4 7,395 22:nd-Feb-2020, 19:24:53
Last Post: mpotsb