Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Tags
box constant power connects2 interface

Connects2 interface box constant power.
So jumped in the car this morning everything was normal got to where I was going and turned off and removed key Radio Dab & phone charger still on.

Should all turn off, so used the buttons to turn them off, same thing happened when I got home, pulled everything out and checked all the wiring everything fine.

thought about the 12v battery wire (used for storing time date etc) and the red ACC wires might want swapping over, but then on reflection it's all been fine till today.

So with that in mind I set the find the wires on the connects2 plug what I find is it only has a yellow wire from car connector to the connects2 interface box then the box puts out a battery and ACC feed.

That got me thinking is the interface box at fault, so I got the old one (that has a Bluetooth fault) plugged it in and guess what the radio turns off when the car is turned off.

So quite what's happened I don't know, weather connects2 will replace the box I don't know as its almost 2yrs old but I think it should last longer.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
sounds bad to me you will have to ask them and see what they say
Sent them and email just awaiting a reply I don't fancy paying £80 for a new one.

Sent from my iPhone 5c using Tapatalk.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
Here's a video to show what I mean

[video=youtube;tPqs1W9xwNQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPqs1W9xwNQ&feature=youtu.be[/video]
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Rubbish... This is why I don't mess around with wires lol
Using Tapatalk
J1ODYA Wrote:Rubbish... This is why I don't mess around with wires lol

its not the wires its the box
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
glad i got the factory nav fitted now
Easy to say when you buy a new car. But you can't always find one with all the toys on that you want, when buying second user. So there then comes the point of having to have other stuff fitted cos Vauxhall dont't give a damm about second users. their attitude is buy a new one or get stuffed!! Vauxhall are losing face with me because of this attitude as they could be a lot more helpfull. After all we know about VCI codes to stop you in your tracks re adding anything, unless you are as clever as Rusty or some of the other heros on here.

I did ask the service manager at Bristol Street in Newcastle if I bought USB and Bluetooth etc would he fit it and my car is old enough to not need VCI codes for those things, all I got was a very flat refusal. Definatly not costomer friendly or helpful.
This is the view most seen by others
I did buy the car brand new Top of the range used mean it had every extra going now all you get is leather seats. I didn't spec too much because I was originally buying the car for my wife, How that changed she got a 2nd hand pug 206 instead retro fitting things to that is easy still need a computer and Peugeot planet but no codes needed.

I'm most certainly not clever.

The problem with dealerships is there so called technicians are not technicians they are just fitters, all they seem to be taught now is to plug the computer on and change whatever part/s it says are at fault, they don't even need to learn how fault find as TIS tell's them everything they need to.

It does seem the norm for dealerships to say things can't be retrofitted, and TBH I think its more the dealerships than Vauxhall I've not come across anyone being refused a VCI code yet. Yes Vauxhall will say we don't recommend you do that they don't say it can't be done.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Hi Rusty. The conversation was as a result of a load of things that had gone wrong during the service I had there. One had been the mucking up of my MOT the other had been someone had left a smell of smoke in my car. He then went on to say " if you need anything doing come to me and I will see to it". A few days later I asked about the fitting of the Bluetooth and USB. It was at that point he said no if we were caught doing that we would get wrong from Vauxhall, they won't allow us to do anything like that as a car must not be taken out of original spec. I said well you would not need a VCI code because of the year of my car and again he said no can't do that.

That is what I base my reasoning behind that. I had quite a while before asked Vauxhall customer services while on the phone to them the same question, and I was "given the answer no cant be done". You can't fit anything to a car after it comes out of the factory, which I took to mean anything but mud flaps or mats.
This is the view most seen by others
I have had all factory spec retro fits done the SAT NAV navy 500 with USB and Bluetooth
and DAB and GPS shark fin and leather heated seats with electric lumber support and power fold mirrors
all retro fitted after i got the car and i never had any problems with the warranty work when i took it in to them
when I had one that is as it is now gone
but it all can be done but this is the problem with the life time warranties
I agree they are missing out on lots off cash not offering retro fits after you purchased the car
but I am sure they would have no idea how to do it anyway
but it all can be done if you know we're to go you may have to travel to get the USB and Bluetooth done but it is worth it
and i am very happy i have done this as having them is much better than having a warranty
Had an email and connects2 are sending me a replacement interface box.

I must say I am very impressed as I bought it all 2years next month and they already replaced the interface box due to a software glitch with the steering wheel controls.

If only other company's where as good without quibbling.

Sent from my iPhone 5c using Tapatalk.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
sounds like they look after there customers then very good service well done
Just thought I would update this thread and say that I got my new box and everything is working 100% again top marks to connects2, they even sent it via DPD next day at no cost to myself

There is a new setting there for illumination but can't see it does anything
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
glad you got it all sorted and very good customer care by the looks of it

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Steering wheel angle, esp, power Steering smoky-jr 3 2,604 6:th-Jun-2021, 18:23:26
Last Post: jeniferbitcoin71
  Power, performance and looks RVernon 1 2,558 16:th-Jul-2019, 13:45:07
Last Post: Rusty2009
  Lacking Power - What can I check everson38 3 2,864 10:th-Jul-2019, 10:44:50
Last Post: Big Dave2
No power Taylor89 7 3,934 4:th-Jun-2019, 20:27:03
Last Post: Jpbroad1970
  wires power amplifier alexy357 8 4,777 3:rd-Mar-2019, 17:05:22
Last Post: alexy357
  1.6 cdti power loss ihastings 25 19,581 19:th-Oct-2018, 07:37:42
  Help diagnosing loss of power Thebatfink 9 11,540 6:th-Jul-2016, 07:23:31
  GAIN MORE POWER ASTRA J 2.0 CDTI ECOFLEX ELITE 165BHP Bturbo123 44 39,926 3:rd-Jun-2016, 14:14:02
Last Post: tucpal
  USB Port Power Boost sheppy1 6 6,245 10:th-May-2015, 23:12:40
Last Post: tucpal
  Power Consumption sheppy1 3 4,058 6:th-Apr-2015, 16:26:02
Last Post: sheppy1