Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
problem cruise control

Cruise Control Problem
Just had a new box put on the car last week, now my cruise control isn't working in 5th gear. Anybody got any ideas? As far as I can see theres no gear position sensor, will engage fine in any gear and i can change up but the moment i lift foot off clutch in 5th the green light goes out.

Tried putting foot under clutch pedal and pulling up but no joy. 

It's a 1.6na with the 5 speed heap of ***** box.

Just unplugged battery in the hope it may reset the ecu but I aint joyful. It will be going back to the gearbox people but they're as stumped as I am.
I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives.
If it's working in all gears but 5th even I'm stumped they only thing I could suggest is having the clutch pedal re-calibrated.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
(18:th-Feb-2018, 08:49:00)Rusty2009 Wrote: If it's working in all gears but 5th even I'm stumped they only thing I could suggest is having the clutch pedal re-calibrated.

But surely if the clutch was out of calibration would it not affect it in all gears?

I have noticed if i put my foot on the throttle and activate it'll turn green but the moment my foot comes off it cuts out.
I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives.
Yes I would of thought so too it was just an idea to try.

I don't if this will help
http://workshop-manuals.com/vauxhall/ast...operation/

http://workshop-manuals.com/vauxhall/ast...lfunction/
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
(21:st-Feb-2018, 08:31:50)Rusty2009 Wrote: Yes I would of thought so too it was just an idea to try.

I don't if this will help
http://workshop-manuals.com/vauxhall/ast...operation/

http://workshop-manuals.com/vauxhall/ast...lfunction/

That's interesting.

Last night I was playing about, if i 'set' the cruise control at the top of a hill the light will stay green until I reach the bottom (gathering speed), but the moment it drops below said speed it was set at and requires power that's when it's cutting out.

Does that mean anything to you?
Something isn't right.

May pay to get it plugged in and check the data it should store the info for disengage most likely be stored in the ECU.

Should be able to do it with a op-com (But I couldn't say for sure as I've never looked).
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Hi @tommyboy1289
did you resolve this issue?
I've bought the same car and it's got the exact same thing.
Thanks!

Sent from my VTR-L29 using Tapatalk
+1 here, exact same problem
no resolution yet, authorised Opel garage is puzzled

What wheel size do you guys have? Mine is 18" 225/45/18, use the same size for winter and summer, just in case this would be a hint...

Thank you all!
(15:th-Oct-2019, 16:58:15)ddhh Wrote: Hi @tommyboy1289
Thanks!

Mines got the same problem I messaged you and I've got the bigger 17inch alloys sri it will work in 3rd I'm thinking neutral switch most cars have it on gear box but astra I believe integrated into clutch switch? I'll update if I find out have you tried changing clutch switch yet?
(2:nd-Apr-2020, 22:52:27)Jayb9998 Wrote:
Thanks!

Mines got the same problem I messaged you and I've got the bigger 17inch alloys sri it will work in 3rd I'm thinking neutral switch most cars have it on gear box but astra I believe integrated into clutch switch? I'll update if I find out have you tried changing clutch switch yet?

No luck so far.

To me it does not work in 5th. Occasionally it would struggle (and go off) to work in 4th in lower revs or when the engine is on the edge of pushing/idling so it might have something to do with (falsely) not sensing enough power to proceed thus switching off, or not even enabling, just like any other CC in weaker cars would do in a steep slope... Just an idea.

Am I correct we are all having MT5 1.6 petrol engines, so in these regards quite the weakest in the shed?
(3:rd-Apr-2020, 09:23:53)ddhh Wrote:
(2:nd-Apr-2020, 22:52:27)Jayb9998 Wrote:
Thanks!

No luck so far.

To me it does not work in 5th. Occasionally it would struggle (and go off) to work in 4th in lower revs or when the engine is on the edge of pushing/idling so it might have something to do with (falsely) not sensing enough power to proceed thus switching off, or not even enabling, just like any other CC in weaker cars would do in a steep slope... Just an idea.

Am I correct we are all having MT5 1.6 petrol engines, so in these regards quite the weakest in the shed?
Yes ive got 1.6 13 plate astra j sri still no luck took to garage no codes looks like its never going to get fixed exact same symptoms

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
P0030-00 HO2S heater control circuit sensor 1 Badenj 1 3,993 17:th-Jun-2018, 07:57:25
Last Post: Rusty2009
  fuel temperature problem? kartush45 1 3,390 14:th-Mar-2018, 08:29:58
Last Post: Rusty2009