Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
off program car part

Program part off car
It's being strange with me, it's not detecting the trailer (done with a switch that breaks contact when the plug is insterted)
when i first fitted the module and was wiring it up, it suddenly started working right... if i removed a bulb from the trailer board i was testing it on, it showed up the trailer bulb check warning on the dash,

But i put it all in properly, and tried again, and it just wont detect the plug being insterted,
and stupidly i used the op-com, that has a change vin option, and a basic setup option, only 2 choices, a 'swivel type trailer hitch' or not, and led or non led trailer lights (disables bulb checking) so i tried the different options, and at first it totally stopped working, but i remember that before i selected the trailer hitch type.. it was saying 'not aplicable' as the option.. then the 2 i could select...

so i think the op-com has done it's usual and half programes something and totally screwed everything else up like it does when trying to change dashboard options.

But the Tech2 flat out refuses to program or change options due to my vin number.. .which related to an A13DTE engined vehicle, and it says 'no software available' and 'hardware mismatch' when trying. even if i change the vin in the Tech2 to the 1.6 LUE engined vehicle the TIM has in it... it's pulling my vin from either the BCM or somewhere, and refusing to procede.

Wish i knew someone with a meriva B without the A13DTE engine and a towbar, who would let me put my TIM in their car and program it... but i know that's unlikely incase i screw other things up,

so trying to figure out what i need to bench program the thing... a BCM.. but will i need an engine ecu too... and will they need to report sensors and that.

wish i'd learn to stop messing when things begin to work... tho tbh everythign else so far has programmed straight in, and i guess if the engien wasnt the one that says no tow bar allowed, this would work too.

Messages In This Thread
Program part off car - by gazz292 - 25:th-Apr-2018, 23:05:18
RE: Program part off car - by zzattack - 26:th-Apr-2018, 09:31:03
RE: Program part off car - by gazz292 - 26:th-Apr-2018, 13:02:27
RE: Program part off car - by zzattack - 26:th-Apr-2018, 13:48:40
RE: Program part off car - by gazz292 - 27:th-Apr-2018, 22:08:06
RE: Program part off car - by Rusty2009 - 28:th-Apr-2018, 07:12:00
RE: Program part off car - by gazz292 - 28:th-Apr-2018, 20:09:57

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tech2-ing to a part without rest of car.. possible? gazz292 0 2,816 22:nd-Apr-2018, 20:36:01
Last Post: gazz292

Who read this thread?
1 User(s) read this thread:
dinamitar (4:th-Dec-2023, 20:39:29)