Switch to desktop version  
Progress Thread: Sheppy1 - Printable Version

+- VXOC Astra-J/GTC (https://vxoc.org.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: Astra-J/GTC Section (https://vxoc.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Members car's progress threads (https://vxoc.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Thread: Progress Thread: Sheppy1 (/showthread.php?tid=1275)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

RE: Progress Thread: Sheppy1 - sheppy1 - 6:th-Jun-2015

Finally getting my cluster sorted properly today too! Getting the wiring put in for the coolant tank to properly report the coolant level to the cluster and getting the washer bottle wire grounded so it stops moaning at me! Ha

RE: Progress Thread: Sheppy1 - tucpal - 6:th-Jun-2015

hope you get that sorted out lol

Haha thanks! It is sorted now but now I have a bee in my bonnet about wanting to get the Navi 500 upgrade! Haha

RE: Progress Thread: Sheppy1 - bhalay207 - 6:th-Jun-2015

I'd love to upgrade but the cost holds me back

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk

WELL WORTH GETTING THE 500

Haha don't encourage me! What do you guys expect the cost to be?

RE: Progress Thread: Sheppy1 - J1ODYA - 6:th-Jun-2015

You're a man, you don't need sat nav!

Hahahaha I like gadgets and extra screens though

About £200 to fit and whatever you can get the nav unit and cables for but ask vxmods first mate I think he has a set up at the moment I think

Yeah it was Andy that offered to do it for me... He's gonna have one in soon so said he would get back to me with a price for it all

RE: Progress Thread: Sheppy1 - sheppy1 - 8:th-Jun-2015

£500 all in for the navi 500...good price but I can't afford it :(

RE: Progress Thread: Sheppy1 - WhelanUK - 8:th-Jun-2015

That's cheaper then it was. I'm saving to have this done, can't afford it straight off.

RE: Progress Thread: Sheppy1 - tucpal - 8:th-Jun-2015

That is only for the one he has when its gone its gone and the price could rise

Have you been quoted on the same item from someone then mate?

RE: Progress Thread: Sheppy1 - WhelanUK - 8:th-Jun-2015

The price varies dependant on how much he can get the set up for.

Yeah he's getting one as a part x for some work he's doing on someone elses car hence the low price for selling it on. Such a shame i don't have the money as i'd love for him to do it...he does great work too

RE: Progress Thread: Sheppy1 - sheppy1 - 9:th-Jun-2015

Just some before and after shots of my car with and without the chrome trim Want to keep all things I have done to my car in this thread:

Before:

After:

Looking to get the metal number plates next month and also the exposed exhaust tip

Progress Thread: Sheppy1 - Tonto - 9:th-Jun-2015

Looks spot on that mate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheers dude! ive wanted chrome trim since I bought the thing so happy i have it done and that it looks good

RE: Progress Thread: Sheppy1 - tucpal - 9:th-Jun-2015

much better with

Yeah gives it a bit of contrast doesn't it...looks dull and basic with the bog standard black trim i think...annoyed me since the day i bought it! ha

Progress Thread: Sheppy1 - dutton84 - 10:th-Jun-2015

Looks loads better

RE: Progress Thread: Sheppy1 - Lewis6317 - 11:th-Jun-2015

did you get the chrome stick on stuck off ebay? I was looking at that for my old car but never did. Looks so much better mate...

How you doing the exposed exhaust?
Are you planning to change the whole backbox?

RE: Progress Thread: Sheppy1 - sheppy1 - 11:th-Jun-2015

(11:th-Jun-2015, 10:38:59)Lewis6317 Wrote: did you get the chrome stick on stuck off ebay? I was looking at that for my old car but never did. Looks so much better mate...

How you doing the exposed exhaust?
Are you planning to change the whole backbox?
Yeah just from an eBay seller who I bought the chrome indicator trim from. He had to order it in specially for my as he didn't stock it.

Well I'd like to do it properly using the proper exhaust tip but I don't wanna have to do too much work just for that. So I may just get the one off eBay that was posted in another thread which just bolt onto the current one and drops down a bit

Progress Thread: Sheppy1 - Lewis6317 - 11:th-Jun-2015

Yeah i know what you mean mate, i was going to do it properly too. I ordered that part aswell lol only £15 lot cheaper then other way.

RE: Progress Thread: Sheppy1 - sheppy1 - 22:nd-Jun-2015

Hmmmm trying to decide what exterior work to do next... My interior is looking pretty perfect these days

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Progress Thread: Sheppy1 - dutton84 - 22:nd-Jun-2015

Alloys!!

Hahaha I'd love too but the last lot I got were a ball ache! I got these as the energy ones sucked IMO! But it's a pain buying new ones, selling the ones I have. Vetting both sets swapped etc. Wong be messing with them any time soon I don't think. Kinda looking for sun 50 quid jobs rather than full on upgrades atm

Progress Thread: Sheppy1 - Tonto - 22:nd-Jun-2015

Debadged front grille, fog lights, add colour instead of front chrome, skirts?

Progress Thread: Sheppy1 - dutton84 - 22:nd-Jun-2015

What are energy ones?

(22:nd-Jun-2015, 20:46:54)Tonto Wrote: Debadged front grille, fog lights, add colour instead of front chrome, skirts?

Hmmmm skirts sound like a good idea! How do they fit on and do the official ones from other models exist and are they compatible with different models?

(22:nd-Jun-2015, 20:51:47)dutton84 Wrote: What are energy ones?

Not my car but these are the alloys:

I don't line spoke alloys

Progress Thread: Sheppy1 - Tonto - 22:nd-Jun-2015

Not sure how they fit on to be honest, I'm guessing bolted for security to underside of car! There's a few places I've seen selling them!

RE: Progress Thread: Sheppy1 - sheppy1 - 28:th-Sep-2015

The little chrome trim pieces came for the electric window buttons...they look okay lol. Can't really makle them out TBH unless you really look for them.

Next "Mod" will be to replace my plastic reg plates with metal ones when they come this week and then it will be the OPC/VXR steering wheel installation when I get it at Xmas

RE: Progress Thread: Sheppy1 - sheppy1 - 1:st-Oct-2015

And have some of the leds coming for the number plate [SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

Progress Thread: Sheppy1 - Tonto - 1:st-Oct-2015

Nice, I have the rear number plate leds and they're great. I'm definitely getting metal plates next too! Can not go wrong for £20.

RE: Progress Thread: Sheppy1 - sheppy1 - 1:st-Oct-2015

Agreed! Need a new set anyway and the metal ones look pretty cool! Glad you like the leds [SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES] can I ask what you did with the resistor? The tutorial post said something about cable tying them up but not sure what that means tbh

RE: Progress Thread: Sheppy1 - bhalay207 - 1:st-Oct-2015

Don't you let the resistor hang over the cross member?

Sent from my LG G4 using Tapatalk

Progress Thread: Sheppy1 - Tonto - 1:st-Oct-2015

Yeah just tie it up so its not hanging too loosely. Nothing really else to it mate.

Progress Thread: Sheppy1 - sheppy1 - 2:nd-Oct-2015

Okie dokie! Kind of know what mean. Will see when it comes [SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]. Plates came and look awesome! Fitted them and they're really nice! Good having no screw holes!

Also look what else came [WINKING FACE]

Progress Thread: Sheppy1 - Tonto - 2:nd-Oct-2015

Very nice mate, pics of your plates ?

Progress Thread: Sheppy1 - sheppy1 - 2:nd-Oct-2015

Cheers [SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES] and only have ones of the front but here ya go

Thanks, very nice mate, did you bend then slightly so they sit flush? Also what tape have you used?

RE: Progress Thread: Sheppy1 - tucpal - 2:nd-Oct-2015

Nice wheel mate you will enjoy it

RE: Progress Thread: Sheppy1 - sheppy1 - 2:nd-Oct-2015

@tonto - They came with 6 pieces of 3M tape, I put one on each side and one in the middle. For the front I just stuck it straight on and the tape pulled the plate to the car and didn't wanna budge! So no need to bend it, it bent itself lol. Should hold nicely

@tucpal - Yeah can't wait to fit it! Shame I have to wait till xmas as im excited! hahaha

Ah excellent mate, thanks. Do you have a link to them please, not sure if the ones I'm watching come with tape... Also are they legal? I've read that plates are meant to have producers mark at bottom centre of plates, some code or something.

Here you go: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321413552350?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2648&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

And you're right about the production marks, they even say in their listing that they have added their name and address to make them legal but it's very small and barely noticeable! But that must be all they have to do to make them legal they have sold 12,000 of them...

Ah right excellent, I think these are the ones I'm watching already haha. Thanks bud, they do look great!

Hahaha more than likely! They're the ones that pop up at the top when you search for metal license plates. Cheers [SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES] defo better than the plastic ones and no holes in them either which improves the look!

RE: Progress Thread: Sheppy1 - Nickmagicfingers1981 - 2:nd-Oct-2015

(2:nd-Oct-2015, 19:18:11)sheppy1 Wrote: @tonto - They came with 6 pieces of 3M tape, I put one on each side and one in the middle. For the front I just stuck it straight on and the tape pulled the plate to the car and didn't wanna budge! So no need to bend it, it bent itself lol. Should hold nicely

@tucpal - Yeah can't wait to fit it! Shame I have to wait till xmas as im excited! hahaha
Just keep an eye on them. I did the same with the front and ended loosing it somwhere when it fell off. The pads never seamed to like skicking to the bumper properly, even got some extras from the local car shop. This time i have just stuck it over the plastic plate.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Oh balls hahaha. Having visions of being pulled over with the police asking why my front plate just frisbeed off across the dual cariage way haha