Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username/Email:

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 11,815
» Latest member: Merciert_Liis
» Forum threads: 4,546
» Forum posts: 49,655

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
Chirping noise
Forum: Astra-J/GTC Common Problems
Last Post: Zaf312
Yesterday, 10:48:45
» Replies: 0
» Views: 30
Old member returns
Forum: Introduction Area
Last Post: koxaz_nostraz
17:th-Apr-2024, 13:22:35
» Replies: 2
» Views: 1,228
VXR front seats
Forum: Wanted
Last Post: Rusty2009
2:nd-Apr-2024, 18:52:29
» Replies: 1
» Views: 864
Opel OPC Seat Wiring Diag...
27:th-Mar-2024, 19:07:42
» Views: 522
Oil Temp and pressure sen...
Forum: Retrofit How-to's
8:th-Mar-2024, 19:06:33
» Replies: 3
» Views: 1,659
Looking for previous owne...
8:th-Mar-2024, 19:05:53
» Replies: 4
» Views: 801
1.4 non turbo P0171 code
Forum: Mechanical
15:th-Feb-2024, 07:47:47
» Views: 393
cd 400 upgrade to navi 60...
Forum: Retrofit Research
14:th-Feb-2024, 07:52:16
» Replies: 6
» Views: 4,290
steering wheel buttons
Forum: Astra-J/GTC Howto's
29:th-Jan-2024, 18:21:51
» Replies: 4
» Views: 711
Carbon sill door protecto...
Forum: Members car's progress threads
26:th-Jan-2024, 08:38:33
» Views: 789

Chrome Door Trim
Posted by: sheppy1 - 26:th-Feb-2015, 22:45:01 - Forum: Astra-J/GTC - Replies (4)

Hi All,

I realise i'll probably get lynched just for making this thread lol but I REALLY like the exterior door chrome trim on the higher models and mine doesn't have this :(. Was wondering if anyones aware of any sites selling this chrome trim at a decent price?

I know the proper chrome trim is built into the door frame itself but I've seen stick on stuff which looks exactly the same but it's been over £120 which I think is a rip off!

Thanks

Water Noise Sloshing
Posted by: sheppy1 - 26:th-Feb-2015, 17:39:08 - Forum: Astra-J/GTC Common Problems - Replies (22)

Hi All,

Sigh! I thought I'd seen the end of the sloshing problems in my car but now I have a new one :(

I can hear what sounds like A LOT of water sloshing around in the boot area whenever I accelerate, break or turn. I used to hear this noise when I first got my car and it was the fuel in the tank because my tank didn't have baffles. Vauxhall eventually fitted some baffles and that was the end of that, never heard anything since then until today!

Got in my car for the first time in a few days and can hear these really loud water sloshing noises.

anyone got any ideas as to what it could be?

Thanks

Additives for Diesel engine ?
Posted by: Alienbv - 26:th-Feb-2015, 14:23:22 - Forum: Astra-J/GTC - Replies (7)

Hey guys, I have been wondering about additives, I know its a controversial subject but I would like to know your opinion on this subject.

First, I have an Opel Astra sports tourer 2011 1.7L 81kw Diesel break. I use once er month premium diesel that has additives in it, the difference I felt over the regular diesel is slightly better response of the engine, but that's it.

Second, of what I red is that there is 2 types of additives. Oil additives & Diesel/petrol additives. both have different roles, from my understanding Diesel additives collects the water particles and makes them bigger so that the diesel filter can catch them without letting them pass to the injectors, also removing any carbon residuals. The engine Oil additives makes some kind of seal around the pistons thus making them more efficient ?

My questions are :

1. Are additives good ?
  2. Do engine oil additives give a boost in power & makes the engine runs smoother ?
  3. What about premium diesel additives? Are those better than normal diesel with manually added additives ?
  4. What kind of additives you guys use ?

Windscreen washer jets
Posted by: Rusty2009 - 26:th-Feb-2015, 11:26:26 - Forum: Astra-J/GTC - Replies (26)

Does anyone know if these can be changed for the old type that you could adjust with a pin?

Reason is the drivers side always shoots over the car tried adjusting it I can't get any lower, I've also damaged it trying now.

VBOA spares day
Posted by: Dicko - 25:th-Feb-2015, 07:44:01 - Forum: Club meets all Regions - Replies (2)

Any one going in Sunday
link http://www.vboa.org.uk/toplevel.php?p=e1&inc=42
It's a cracking morning looking for parts
I have a pitch selling my crap

Xenon Angel Eye Halo's
Posted by: Rusty2009 - 24:th-Feb-2015, 20:15:47 - Forum: Astra-J/GTC - Replies (24)

Thinking of buying a set of these and fitting them to my xenon's to give them the finishing touch.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.vie...1514233361

What's your thoughts? Would be the WHITE ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

INFORMATION OFF YOU!!!
Posted by: Gazzer316 - 24:th-Feb-2015, 19:51:28 - Forum: Wanted - Replies (2)

Is there any kits about to fit front driving lights next to the indicators Thanks again for all your help in previous items I have sorted wheels nuts and pedal covers CHEERS

Your assistance plewde
Posted by: bhalay207 - 22:nd-Feb-2015, 11:22:12 - Forum: Request for information - Replies (3)

Hi all,

I'm STILL waiting for delivery of my astra and have become worse than a child when it comes to patience.

I've been cycling around all astra forums and have noticed people changing their bulbs both external and internal for LED bulbs. Now that last astra I owned over 5yrs ago was the coupe so there were no issues with regards to canbus etc. Can you guys guide me in the right direction for the appropriate bulbs needed.

Ideally I'd like to change them all for LEDs, or at least a bulb that is going to be white as opposed to dingy yellow. I've already got a pair of polarg drl bulbs waiting to be fit once I have the car (courtesy of a thread on here I found out about these!)

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 using Tapatalk

loud
Posted by: tucpal - 22:nd-Feb-2015, 05:36:11 - Forum: General Chat - Replies (6)

So the young lad opposite my house has just got his first car a scrappy looking 01 corsa
and i have never heard such a shed of a motor in all my life the noise this car makes
is terrible and over the top loud i sure him yesterday and i spoke to him he said so what do you think of my car
i said what the hell is wrong with it have you got a straight through exhaust on it
no he said i just cut it off why i said so it sounds better so i told him good luck with the mot mate
very annoying but i am sure it wont be on the road to long

POST YOUR Progress Threads
Posted by: tucpal - 20:th-Feb-2015, 20:53:37 - Forum: Members car's progress threads - No Replies

Please feel free to start a progress thread about your Astra J or ASTRA GTC / VXR
simply open a new post and add whatever you like about your car
what you have done or will be doing to you car etc.
It will be your section you can add info to it as you wish and keep us all updated on your progress.

Thanks and welcome from all the staff at VXOC