Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Tags
off coming lacquer bumper

Bumper lacquer coming off
So the Wife washed my car for me today as I was busy hanging a gate.

She called me out to look at the front bumper.

Not very happy but I wasn't happy with the colour match when I got it back from the painter.

I had it done just under a year ago.

Now I'm debating do I get in touch with the chap who painted it or should I just go to a body shop and get it resprayed.

Whats the rough cost £100-150?
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Rusty2009 Wrote:So the Wife washed my car for me today as I was busy hanging a gate.

She called me out to look at the front bumper.

Not very happy but I wasn't happy with the colour match when I got it back from the painter.

I had it done just under a year ago.

Now I'm debating do I get in touch with the chap who painted it or should I just go to a body shop and get it resprayed.

Whats the rough cost £100-150?

I would get in touch with the guy who did it!
I've left a message for him to ring me.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
how close did she get with the jet washer and was it hot
i would go somewhere different about £180 to £200 for the lot painted
but sure they can blend that in for cheaper
She wasn't using a pressure washer just hot water and a lambs wool mitt, It wasn't too hot.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Why did u get is resprayed in the first place??
It was a new bumper in primer as I'm fitting AFL....
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Just been and seen a painter and been quoted £150 CASH for a full respray of the bumper, and he said it will match the car 1000%, Just waiting on the chap who painted to come back as I've sent him some pics.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
The painter came out and is coming back next Friday to put it right, so that will be good till I have the spare cash to get the bumper re painted.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
nice glad you are getting it sorted out