Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Tags
dab retrofit info

DAB Retrofit info
Just out of curiosity can you fit DAB without the Sat navigation?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900F using Tapatalk.
Yes, I have DAB with the CD400
Was it a complicated retrofit?

Mine was fitted as a factory option.
[MENTION=16]vxmods[/MENTION] does the retrofits, check out his page here
or check the how to out

http://www.vxoc.org.uk/forum/Thread-DAB-...the-CD-400
Thank you both, kind of want to get this done rather than a thought in my head.. fm is a thing of the past lol

Yes it sure is the cheapest way to get this done is to find a tail gate complete it will save you lots of £ I am sure Vxmods can also help but you will need the glass for sure
I will look into this maybe not straight away but defo on the to do list, how much money we talking?

Not sure how much the DAB module is but eBay is best shout for a rough price or contact VXmods.

Also depends if you want to keep the FM signal and run it through rear window, if so you will need the correct glass. correct glass or not. I did some research into it a few weeks ago. I already have the correct window and I was looking at around £120 for the remaining parts.
the glass is the hard part i got the complete hatch glass and all receivers for £75 as the boot was damaged £25 to swap the glass over £50 for the module
and about £25 on cables and i got the programing for free when i had the satnav done
it can be done cheap you've just got to get lucky and find the correct hatch
look for a shark fin on a car that is braking then you know it will have all parts on there
Good advice guys, I will look into this further and do some research gather up part numbers and get on the case pronto

i PUT SOME PART NUMBERS AND INFO FOR THE FM BITS HERE

http://www.vxoc.org.uk/forum/Thread-Rear-window-FM

AND HERE IS THE DAB RECEIVER FOR THE WINDOW ALSO

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vauxhall-Astra...3ce1dc24d1

gtc dab module here

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vauxhall-Astra...3cd8c498ec

but none about for the 5 door but they may have different part numbers but i don't know if they are the same
Would a DAB module from another car work or are they locked? I know the stereo would need coding to activate DAB just wondering if the modules had a security setting/device.

Thanks
No mate I used a used one no problems at all from a insignia as long as the part number is correct then a used one will work
anyone with an Astra J stationwagon with antenna in the rear quarter window?
is there only antenna on one side or in both sides? (about to fit a DAB to a CD400 unit, but needs to know if there is antenna one the rear right side or if it is on the left too)

have to change the glass..

Kind Regards
I'll look EPC for you tomorrow.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
sure it is just one side for the DAB the same will apply with the station wagon the tabs must be on the glass
or it will have to be replaced the how to we have for the DAB will basically be the same for you
the only difference is you use the side glass Waite till rusty looks it up need any help other wise with the fit etc
ask in this thread happy to help

http://www.vxoc.org.uk/forum/Thread-DAB-...the-CD-400
correction post yes the DAB is one side and the FM is the other FM is on the drivers side and DAB is on the passenger side
as you are from Norway if you have a left hand drive i can not see it being any different
do you have someone to program it over there as a VCI code is needed for the DAB but the FM is plug and play
if you have the wires in the glass check for the tabs
you will need the same receivers for the DAB and FM but they just go to ether side
i forgot to say the DAB window has has three lines going down and one on the top and the FM is BIGGER
Yes both rear quarters have the aerial and DAB, I would of supplied part numbers but there as so many options to choose.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]494[/ATTACH]

thanks for all help.
as you see of this picture i got from a German site it seems like there is FM and DAB fitted to the same site.. therefor the big confusion,, but it is only one thing to do and that is to tear down the boot of the stationwagon..

Kind Regards

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Yes both sides are listed as having both I wonder if this is increase signal or if a LHD RHD setup thing.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
[ATTACH=CONFIG]495[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]496[/ATTACH]

have taken some pictures of the right side, an as yoy see there is 2 fixings for the FM and DAB and a antenna. At the left side i could just see a little bit of a bolt, but as a feeling i got the right side as the good feeling..

and as it says in the EPC "Note: ONLY ONE OR MORE OF THE ABOVE POSITIVE OPTIONS IS REQUIRED TO BE FITTED TO VEHICLE"

so it can be as you mentioned at this is a Right/left hand side option

Kind Regards.

Got the DAB fitted to the stationwagon. the only window i had to change was the quarter glass on the rear right hand side :-)
very good to know thank you for letting us know
I would like to upgrade cd600 with DAB+.

Is it enough to buy new antenna (FM+DAB) or do I need some additional parts also?
I have CD600 Intellilink.

p.s.: Does anyone have a picture of the radio from the backside?
Thanks.
do you have an antenna mast or shark fin
I have mast antenna.
you need an aftermarket mast or sharkfin rusty has a good link for a shark fin that works very well
it needs to be DAB AM FM you will need some fakra cables and a module and a vci code with mdi
but as i have not seen the cd600 interlink yet you need to find out if you have the connector
by the brake pedal check this how to out for location

https://www.vxoc.org.uk/forum/Thread-DAB...00-and-600

https://www.vxoc.org.uk/forum/Thread-DAB...the-CD-400

you will also have to find the correct dab module for the cd600 interlink
Thanks for info.
I checked at local Opel dealer but for MY15 with IntelliLink there is no option for DAB modul, just antenna.
I was confused. Now I really don't know what I need for upgrade.
Mast antenna and cable or do I need also DAB receiver/module?
Maybe CD600 iLink needs just DAB antenna.

@Rusty2009: Are you able to check?
Thanks mate. ;-)
rusty is your best bet
If you PM your reg I'll look it up next time I go online (not 100% when that will be).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Looking how to upgrade my CD600 iLink on DAB+ I have found this
http://www.dension.com/automotive/produc...hrough-usb

Not cheap but if there's no other way ?

Today I received a test unit USB DAB+ (Dension).
Tomorrow on a way to work I will try more.
First impressions: working nice but with one remark, you need to wait almost 30 sec. when changing stations.
Maybe I will upgrade with K50 firmware (15 sec.).

is that a colour screen with the cd400 dab by chance as was wondering if i could add a colour screen. Used to have one in my mk5 astra and kind of miss it now lol
(8:th-Dec-2016, 09:22:44)tomelmer Wrote: is that a colour screen with the cd400 dab by chance as was wondering if i could add a colour screen. Used to have one in my mk5 astra and kind of miss it now lol

That's not a cd400 screen, it's a navi screen. cd400 does not come with a colour screen.
Actually it's a CD 600 Intellilink screen.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Digital cluster (virtual cockpit) retrofit milozic 5 6,266 30:th-Apr-2023, 19:51:49
Last Post: milozic
  Navi950 DAB+ retrofit help milozic 1 5,513 8:th-Sep-2021, 21:22:59
Last Post: Jpbroad1970
  Steering wheel remote control retrofit EricMod 32 22,189 10:th-Jul-2021, 12:37:38
Last Post: carolef1984
  Lane departure retrofit? toxx 3 6,046 22:nd-Feb-2021, 09:16:29
Last Post: Rusty2009
  Auto Lights and Bluetooth Retrofit kalum0101 5 9,008 2:nd-Aug-2020, 13:48:24
Last Post: kalum0101
  Navi 950 retrofit to Buick Encore vibalt 3 8,237 21:st-Jul-2020, 19:02:30
  Rear camera fit on Opel astra sports tourer info ;) Alienbv 24 19,164 26:th-Dec-2019, 13:00:29
Last Post: niteram
  Retrofit 12v sockets Rusty2009 7 17,335 15:th-Mar-2019, 09:21:09
  Front camera retrofit for Lane departure and traffic sign assist Rusty2009 124 76,173 2:nd-Feb-2019, 11:54:01
Last Post: marktourino
  AFL / Xenon retrofit Rusty2009 156 99,310 4:th-Jul-2018, 18:03:51

Who read this thread?
1 User(s) read this thread:
M.Duman (30:th-May-2023, 00:13:44)