Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Tags
it should where i put

Where should I put it
Ok I'm buying a small amp http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/kenwood-...0w-car-amp.

I'm debating where it should go.

I was thinking on the back of the rear seat or on top the flex floor but then it would get in the way if I lay the seats down to put a load in.

I was then thinking what about under the flex floor but I still think it will be in the way.

So I've thought about behind the side trim?

I'm sure Vauxhall fit the AMP behind the trim (on the right).

Thoughts anyone.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
behind the right hand side trim is where i would put it out the way
and i want a good how to for that also
I'll do a how-to but I'm no Audio person.

I had a lot of help from car audio direct with whom I was going to spend £250 but after speaking with them I spent £122.

Just waiting for it all to come.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
Got the AMP fitted and it's so much better now I couldn't fit it behind the side trim so I've had to fit it under the flex floor.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Rusty2009 Wrote:Got the AMP fitted and it's so much better now I couldn't fit it behind the side trim so I've had to fit it under the flex floor.

< might as well get some for while I wait for pics!!
Rusty2009 Wrote:Got the AMP fitted and it's so much better now I couldn't fit it behind the side trim so I've had to fit it under the flex floor.
Aint that where the factory fitted one goes?
Using Tapatalk
J1ODYA Wrote:Aint that where the factory fitted one goes?

I'm not sure TBH I thought it went behind the side trim, I know they fit the sub speaker under the flex floor.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
For those that want to fit an AMP to a factory Head unit Halfords sale this.

http://www.halfords.com/sat-nav-audio/ca...-connector
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
looking forward to seeing this finished :cool
Some Pics of the AMP installed.

I'll get a video up later once the battery has charged on the cam.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
SO IT IS ALL WORKING NOW THEN ??
Yes has been for a little while now well happy with it.

Sent from my iPhone 5c using Tapatalk.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
WELL DONE
Nice mate, has it made a bog difference

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes mate it has.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S