Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
sat antennas nav

sat nav antennas
Are there different sat nav antennas?  i mean i imagine they will be different for the different cars, but do they all work the same? 

I pulled this one off an astra in the scrappers, not sure what radio it had as it was gone,  but the antenna has 3 connections... all those fakra types... so i presume it's got fm, dab and sat nav? 

WP_20180405_16_01_46_Pro.jpg (Size: 36.68 KB / Downloads: 206)

i pulled the antenna wires out best i could... was weird how they were all three together till the drivers seat,  then one of them split off and went up under the instrument panel (with a conector about where the accelerator pedal is) then it carried on up a bit, then across the instrument loom and into the radio area, 

the other 2 cables went left, across the front of the seat area, then into the gear shift space, where there was a 2 pole connector, then they went up into the radio space... annoyingly those 2 cables had been cut by the monkey who removed the radio (and the ends left in the car, so he prolly cut a tie wrap and sliced the antenna cables) 

Anyhoo, i'm slowly amassing the parts for a navi950 system in my meriva B, got the colour screen and meriva specific mount, and now hopefully an antenna.... if i can find another car with those 2 short lengths of cable from the join by the gear stick,  
but i think the navi950 has 2 antenna connections.. having dab built in?
 so do i need to look for a combiner for the fm and dab parts of the antenna... or should i look for a better antenna? 

Oh, and anyone got a navi950 main unit and button panel to sell me cheap
The navi950 doesn't have DAB built in its done on a separate U4D module

that aerial to me looks like an old astra h one as the astra j one is just nav I believe as the dab and fm is done through the rear screen. not sure on meriva

you will be lucky tryng to find a cheap 950 head unit .
NAVI950 , DAB+ & Rear Camera , quick heat, auto lights and rain sensor retrofit
Ahhh, the navi950 has blootoof built in dosent it, thats prolly what i was thinking,

I want to avoid the rear screen antennas, and the meriva dosent have that... well, mine dosent anyway, have to check globaltis to see if it's an option, not that i want to replace the rear screen really.
I used a screen mount dab aerial and a generic GPS aerial put behind dash. Neither are a perfect option but they work for me.
NAVI950 , DAB+ & Rear Camera , quick heat, auto lights and rain sensor retrofit
(5:th-Apr-2018, 16:21:19)Jpbroad1970 Wrote: that aerial to me looks like an old astra h one as the astra j one is just nav I believe as the dab and fm is done through the rear screen. not sure on meriva

It is for an Astra-H. A google of the part no. (013171963) confirms it.

https://picclick.co.uk/OPEL-ASTRA-H-GTC-...41578.html

https://www.ebay.de/itm/Opel-Astra-H-Ant...1691020140
cheers for that info.... i have to admit i can't tell the difference between the different astra's and corsa's, heck i only know the meriva difference cos the doors are so different

not sure if the antenna will be any use to me then, unfortunately the scrapyard i went to had nothing newer than 2008 in the vauxhall range... except the cars they sell to you to strip completely in their bays.

Who read this thread?
1 User(s) read this thread:
greg848484 (11:th-Jun-2023, 16:22:02)