Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Tags
it lost cap cover i drl ve

DRL cover (cap) .. I've lost it :(
I was switching over my DRL's on Sunday afternoon upgrading them to PolarG's and I assumed that I had securely put on the cap, only noticing after washing the car my headlight had condensation inside.. I must not have put the cap on properly and it's dropped out the engine bay and is currently in destination unknown..

Where can I get a spare?!
you would have to go a vauxhall dealers like lookers and get a new one it shouldn't cost to much
Can't you cover it with a bit of tape in the mean time
Thank you Tucpal, won't be losing another one in a hurry..
Yes I suppose I could as a temporary fix
Would stop it misting up. Could try contacting someone on eBay who is braking an J, might be cheaper and quicker.
My brain must be in another dimension today because non of these things have crossed my mind as of yet, thank you Whelan
Turner_SRi Wrote:My brain must be in another dimension today because non of these things have crossed my mind as of yet, thank you Whelan

Which side is missing? The passenger side one often drops down between the wheel arch and liner, get a torch and have a good look, also if you tap the arch at the top it will rattle if it's there
It was indeed the passenger I had a real good look with the touch and nothing :( haven't tapped any arches though
If I undo the arch liner you think it will be there?
Turner_SRi Wrote:If I undo the arch liner you think it will be there?

Just looked at my car, it's not the arch liner, it's the arch,

It's between the fuse box and the light but it drops down the arch, I'm 99% sure it will be there! have a fiddle

http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv282...C_9478.jpg
also check the plastic splash guard under neath the car
I'm pretty sure it's able to slip under the light then down and out of the engine bay, damn thing :( will double check this weekend as I'm away
I managed to get one from the warranty on the car, thanks for the help all
glad you got it sorted
Managed to get a new coil pack and thermostat housing also and all the dead spots in 2,3 and 4th are now gone
Is you car the 1.6 there have been a few reports of the thermostat going very early on that model but glad it's all done we still need a how too for that also

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah it's the 1.6, unfortunately didn't do it myself as it was in the garages hands under warranty

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lost all speed and message pops up "Reduced power" LiamTurner 39 26,500 11:th-Aug-2014, 20:48:41
Last Post: Rusty2009