Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
lights brake

Brake lights
Hellow sorry if I have posted twice I have a astra j 2011, long story short I went through a puddle and had to change my electric parking brake motor changed this and works fine, the problem I now have is my brake lights won't go off even when I switch the car off they only turn off when the battery is disconnected, then when re connected they come back on, I have tried taking the fuse and numerous relays out still doesn't go off I have tried unplugging both cables going to brakes still doesn't go off I have even checked under the fuses it's dry and no moister please help thanks in advance
Maybe worth looking see if your bcm has any moisture in it or signs of water damage
NAVI950 , DAB+ & Rear Camera , quick heat, auto lights and rain sensor retrofit
I checked under the fuses bcm and bone dry no sign off damage
Have you opened up the bcm to double check.

There have been issues on bcm before.

Other than that will need I diag session with someone I should think, preferably someone with gm mdi
I have mate was bone dry under there and no sign off corrosion or water being in there this is the one under the fuses in the bonnet, I disconnect the fuses in the glove box and the lights go out I believe these goto k9 control module
Bcm is in the car in the centre console. All the body related stuff goes to it.

https://workshop-manuals.com/vauxhall/as...placement/
No I haven't looked at that one and I believe that the problem is in there somewhere as that's where the fuses goto and when fuses are taken out the lights go out I checked the case and the case was dry
They have been known to fail and get moisture trapped inside.

Disconnect battery though before unplugging

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Electric Parking Brake andybrody 12 7,443 5:th-Jul-2019, 17:44:36
Last Post: niteram
  Electric trailer brake? Lansa 1 2,634 27:th-Jul-2018, 10:59:50
Last Post: Rusty2009
  HID - Xenon Lights Desperado 5 4,105 12:th-Feb-2018, 11:13:24
Last Post: Desperado
  Fog Lights Schematics Ufuk 19 11,182 18:th-May-2017, 11:51:53
Last Post: zzattack