VXOC Astra-J/GTC

Full Version: Brake lights
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hellow sorry if I have posted twice I have a astra j 2011, long story short I went through a puddle and had to change my electric parking brake motor changed this and works fine, the problem I now have is my brake lights won't go off even when I switch the car off they only turn off when the battery is disconnected, then when re connected they come back on, I have tried taking the fuse and numerous relays out still doesn't go off I have tried unplugging both cables going to brakes still doesn't go off I have even checked under the fuses it's dry and no moister please help thanks in advance
Maybe worth looking see if your bcm has any moisture in it or signs of water damage
I checked under the fuses bcm and bone dry no sign off damage
Have you opened up the bcm to double check.

There have been issues on bcm before.

Other than that will need I diag session with someone I should think, preferably someone with gm mdi
I have mate was bone dry under there and no sign off corrosion or water being in there this is the one under the fuses in the bonnet, I disconnect the fuses in the glove box and the lights go out I believe these goto k9 control module
Bcm is in the car in the centre console. All the body related stuff goes to it.

https://workshop-manuals.com/vauxhall/as...placement/
No I haven't looked at that one and I believe that the problem is in there somewhere as that's where the fuses goto and when fuses are taken out the lights go out I checked the case and the case was dry
They have been known to fail and get moisture trapped inside.

Disconnect battery though before unplugging