Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
randomly connects2 properly working not

Connects2 randomly not working properly.
Hi all,

I recently had to change the clock unit on my Astra J (as per the attached image).  Since doing so my steering controls have stopped working properly with my Sony stereo (XAV-AX3005DB).

All settings are the same, the dip switches on the interface are as they should be for a 4 line display and Sony unit (confirmed by Connects2).  The odd thing is that if I pull the power on the kit and then plug it all back in it seems to work correctly for five minutes and then suddenly the volume buttons don't work and the skip track buttons become the volume.  Annoyingly when I try and create custom mappings on the stereo it tells me I can't use the same button twice (it thinks volume up and down are one button).

I seem to be getting nowhere with Connects2 and the only thing that's changed is the clock unit (which has had the settings mirrored to the old one such as steering control seven etc).

I'm really at my wits end here and would welcome any advice!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Right, after much back and forth I got recommended to check that "the 3.5mm jack plug of the patch lead is fully connected". Thinking this is just a fob off I removed the fascia for the third time today and it was a little bit out. Feel like an idiot but restarted the engine a few times and, touch wood, it's worked since.
At least it seems to be an easy remedy. We've all done it.
NAVI950 , DAB+ & Rear Camera , quick heat, auto lights and rain sensor retrofit
Definitely! I figured I'd come back and post the answer just in case anyone else makes the same daft mistake I did haha.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CD400 buttons not working Android head unit install mephisto 4 7,623 27:th-Oct-2019, 17:30:00
Last Post: mephisto