Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
coolant level

Coolant level
Hi guys coolant level is low message came up today... Is this normal? And what coolant do I need to use?
first check the header tank see what the level is, common for the sensor to go faulty.

But it's a 50/50 mix of this https://www.autovaux.co.uk/93170402-anti...gm93170402
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Hi I checked the tank and it was slightly low so topped it up...
(23:rd-Aug-2020, 08:53:34)Rusty2009 Wrote: first check the header tank see what the level is, common for the sensor to go faulty.

But it's a 50/50 mix of this https://www.autovaux.co.uk/93170402-anti...gm93170402

Is it normal to be topping it up? Never had to in any previous car?
(23:rd-Aug-2020, 10:45:32)Kiel0777 Wrote:
(23:rd-Aug-2020, 08:53:34)Rusty2009 Wrote: first check the header tank see what the level is, common for the sensor to go faulty.

Is it normal to be topping it up? Never had to in any previous car?

Me neither. But I've had my Astra-J 2.0 CDTi for 5 and a half years now, and every month I have to add a drop of water/coolant into the header tank as it's dropped by approx. 10mm. Garage can't find any leaks either.
I've had my 2.0cdti 8yrs this September only time I've had to top up coolant was when the turbo was replaced.

The header tanks are known for cracking and leaking so it could be worth keeping an eye on it. IIRC they crack in 2 places underneath by level sensor or by the smaller pipe.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oil Level Padster 1 5,660 15:th-Aug-2017, 13:04:02
Last Post: zzattack

Who read this thread?
1 User(s) read this thread:
dawid926 (24:th-May-2023, 12:02:23)