Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
update dpf software

Dpf software update
Took my my car to my local vauxhall today to have the dpf software update done.... They have now completely wiped the ecu and the car dosent run?!
How long will this take to fix?
That’s tragic news, sounds like they messed up somewhere when they downloaded your ECU data then lost it before uploading the new data. They are insured against this kind of thing so accept nothing other than a full repair to your vehicle. I’m sure they will be able to sort it out but time wise I can’t say. You could ask for a courtesy vehicle as they’ve effectively rendered your car unusable. Good luck and don’t take any nonsense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(9:th-Jun-2020, 20:08:38)Mark72 Wrote: That’s tragic news, sounds like they messed up somewhere when they downloaded your ECU data then lost it before uploading the new data. They are insured against this kind of thing so accept nothing other than a full repair to your vehicle. I’m sure they will be able to sort it out but time wise I can’t say. You could ask for a courtesy vehicle as they’ve effectively rendered your car unusable. Good luck and don’t take any nonsense.

Yes been given a courtesy car a tiny 1.2 corsa but atleast I can still get to work... Isn't this stuff backed up before they add the new software? 
It should be, but sounds like it’s gone wrong somewhere, they may have to look for you’re original download on there machine and load it back in again if not could be a new ECU required and that’s going to take a while.

They said they were trying for over 2 hours to retrieve the lost data.... So looks like a new ecu... What's involved in settimh it up will it all need programming etc
If they can’t find it then they will order a new ECU from you’re cars chassis number and build data. It’s up to the technicians to do any other necessary work since they messed it up and there should be no cost to you.

Hold on they don't need a new ECU.

There will be no data saved on their machine unless they did a SPS ECU removal first which for a software update you don't have to do.

You just SPS the ECU with the newer calibration files and then SPS and run set up & config no more than a 30 minute job.

I'm totally confused as to what they have done here.

They should be able to reprogram the old ECU without any problems to your car, unless of course they have damaged it somehow.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
They fitted a new ecu as couldn't recover any data... They had to car over a week... Picked it up yesterday drove less than a mile and the svs light came on and went into limp mode... Went straight back to them...
They still could have reprogrammed your old one back into the car. they don't need any data off the old ECU.

Think about it the ECU is damaged and they can't talk to it they can't get any data off the ECU but the car needs a new ECU they need to program that without having any data.

Now what the data contains is really only information about oil life, DPF, injector settings immobilizer etc etc etc.

All these need to be put into the system, so you have learn them all again and carry out other bits.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
Not my problem it drove in running fine now its a mess..... They have to sort it
(13:th-Jun-2020, 08:50:45)Kiel0777 Wrote: Not my problem it drove in running fine now its a mess..... They have to sort it

Yes indeed they do.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
There shouldn't be any reason a vauxhall main dealer can't program a new ECU to the vehicle. Some of us on here can do that. It's only following the instructions using the GM software and diag tool.
NAVI950 , DAB+ & Rear Camera , quick heat, auto lights and rain sensor retrofit
Well all I can say is it went into the garage over a week ago requiring the dpf software update.... Now its had a new ecu and is running in limp mode... I'm gob smacked at the poor service from the start as they are supposed to be master technicians!
(13:th-Jun-2020, 12:23:03)Kiel0777 Wrote: Well all I can say is it went into the garage over a week ago requiring the dpf software update.... Now its had a new ecu and is running in limp mode... I'm gob smacked at the poor service from the start as they are supposed to be master technicians!

Most are just trained fitters now which have to follow the computer which tells them what they have to do. Don't get me wrong some of their "techs" are far over qualified for working at a dealership under the restraint of them.

They will never look deeper into the fault and find a true cause, software update is their favourite saying or just chucking a new part on which in most times doesn't fix the issue for long.

This is why I pointed you into the direction of Adam.

But hopefully they sort your car and it's back running again ASAP.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
as Rusty says, most technicians are just fitters, if the computer says part A, they fit part A, if that doesn't cure fault they have no idea what to do. there are a few that do know what to do but they are hindered by time constraints as every job has a set time allowed to do that job. Diagnosis and fault finding/tracing can be a lengthy process, the dealer wont pay for it and neither will warranty companys, most customers don't like huge bills for this either, so the techs are encouraged to do the quickest/cheapest repair which in most cases is to swap in a new part.
retrofitted = DAB+, GM dog guard, GM reversing camera
Very true. With everything been computer controlled and been able to to plug in for diagnosis, that's all there trained to do. There are good garages and mechanics out there but are getting harder and few between.
Got the car back with the new ecu programmed.. They then said it needed a new dpf pressure sensor which has been fitted by vauxhall.... Car attempted to do a regen today but stopped at 30% on the opl dpf monitor lite app and svs came up with the p2453 error code again... Surely not another sensor is needed??
I had a fair few sensors in very quick concision from a main dealer.
Weather they had a batch of faulty sensors I don't know.

In all honesty get in touch with Adam pay his diag fee & he'll find the true cause of the fault. you only need to look at his Facebook page to see this guy doesn't mess around & knows what he's doing.

https://www.facebook.com/ACAutoTech/?eid...7&fref=tag
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
UPDATE.... after 3 pressure sensors and 2 new ecus vauxhall are now replacing the dpf filter and its not costing me a penny!
Had over 8k of work all because of there negligence... Will not be going to a main dealer ever again!
(8:th-Aug-2020, 08:53:12)Kiel0777 Wrote: UPDATE.... after 3 pressure sensors and 2 new ecus vauxhall are now replacing the dpf filter and its not costing me a penny!
Had over 8k of work all because of there negligence... Will not be going to a main dealer ever again!

i know where you are coming from, mine went in for a dropped clutch pedal, they replaced entire clutch assy, dmf, plate, pressure plate slave cylinder, master cylinder cost would have been over £1500 if it wasn't under used car warranty.. fault was a £2 pedal spring.
My clutch pedal sticks to the floor occasionally... So it could be just a spring?