Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
rough idling knock isuses

Rough idling + knock isuses
Hi, just hoping someone has any thoughts on a rough running issue. The car is a 2015 Astra J GTC SRI with the 2.0 diesel (A 20 DTH). Everything was fine before the last service 3 weeks ago, since the service the idle from cold start is rough with fluctuations of 50-100 rpm and when it's particularly bad there is a knock from the engine almost as though the timing is being advanced.

The issue is at it's worst in hot weather but can occur at any time from a cold start. 

I've taken it back to Vauxhall who have refused to investigate properly because there aren't any fault codes. My local dealership is particularly poor when it comes to diagnosing issues so I should have expected that response but had to ask!

Any thoughts?

Many thanks!
it is normal for the revs to fluctuate up & down abit on cold starts.

If the issues have only appeared since the work carried then they need to investigate it.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  poor idling random ozzysastra 19 22,827 29:th-Apr-2021, 14:40:11
Last Post: Vljubinovski

Who read this thread?
1 User(s) read this thread:
richardt (24:th-Feb-2024, 17:36:16)