Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Tags
idling poor random

poor idling random
Hi all

Right, my astra 1.7cdti, had a problem with hunting/ rough idling cold so replaced the SCV and has stopped it, thing now is randomly it will idle rough when you stop, ie of a motor way up to traffic lights and run rough fora few min then settle.

It's done it once this morning when i got to the shops and it did it there as I parked, run rough and then settled.*

Not sure what it could be, thought the EGR valve maybe.

Any ideas welcome.

cheers simon
You could try getting some of this and running it through,

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-x-PRO-TEC-DP...20ed9e3ddd

Works wonders, I will have a dig about to see if I can find any other info on rough idling for you.

I know I had it on my old veccy and it turned out to be a hose in the end

EDIT:- I've deleted the post in the other section.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Thanks for the quick response.

It runs fine like 98% the time just that little bit some times it desiderata to rough idle for a bit then settle. I have run a DPF cleaner through, just run of the mill from halfords as just recently it gave of clowns of white smoke and was told the car was cleaning it's self.

Thanks for the help rusty.
The pro-tech is used within the motor trade and is far better than red-ex etc.

Have you changed the fuel filter should be done every 2 years at service time.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
Not sure but this might help.

Field Remedy: 2495
Subject: Engine A17/20/DTC/H/J/L/R - Increased idle speed
Models: Engines: Option:
Insignia 2009...,Astra-J 2010... A20DTC| A20DTH| A20DTJ| A20DTL| A20DTR,A17DTJ| A17DTR| A20DTC| A20DTH| A20DTJ| A20DTR
Complaint: Customer might complain about an increased idle speed up to 1150 rpm.
Cause: Increased idle speed signal is managed by the engine ECU but based on a signal coming from the BCM (Body Control Module). In case the state of charge (SOC) for the battery is too low the BCM urges the engine ECU to increase idle speed in order reload the battery in a proper way. There are three possible idle speed steps going from : -- step 1 (= 925 rpm) to -- step 2 (= 1000 rpm-1050 rpm) and -- step 3 (= 1100 rpm-1150 rpm) depending on the SOC as well as the outside temperature which also affects the SOC. Other possible reasons for increased idle speed also managed by the engine ECU based on a BCM request: a.) During auxiliary heater on the idle speed will be set to step 2. b.) During HVAC operation the idle speed will be set to step1-3 based on the thermal load. c.) During DPF regeneration mode the idle speed will be set to step1-3 based on the engine requirements.
Production:

Remedy:
In case of customer complaint please explain the technical content to
your customer.
FunctionalGroup: J - Engine
Complaint Group: 19 - Poor Engine Driveability
Trouble Code: None
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
No i havent changed the filter and as far as i know its not been changed, could that help you think ?

How easy is it to change ? i have seen it under the back behind the back door ish location, it just unscrew and replace filter and srew back ?
How old is the car mate?

I've not changed one myself yet as it's just been at service but here is a .PDF which will tell you

http://www.mediafire.com/view/vk9gmiqd6g...acment.pdf
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Fuel filter

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vauxhall-Astra...25958ef455
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
It's a 2010 60 plate 1.7cdti.
I have had the car a few month but pre me it's got full dealer history, I will change the filter this week I have also cleaned the throttle and egr.
does sound like fuel or air related
have you used any injector cleaner
It's a 2010 60 plate 1.7cdti.
I have had the car a few month but pre me it's got full dealer history, I will change the filter this week I have also cleaned the throttle and egr.
Yeah, used a fuel cleaner, only redex so might be worth trying some thing better to clean the system like forte have used before with good results
what millage are you on ?

if you are under 40.000 and under 4 years old
they would also not have changed the air filter seance it was new
may be worth checking that also
its go 76000 now, the air filter has been changed and is clean.

how about blanking the egr valve on these ? done it before on TDI 's and notice a difference in running and performance.

as for he idling, it seems ok at the moment and it don't do it all that often, runs nice from cold to M25 traffic for 3 hrs the other day so not sure what to make of it really
it wont hurt to change the fuel fitter just in-case
a few have talked about blanking the EGR
but as yet i dont think anyone has done it on the J
it was a popular mod on the H
What I would strongly recommend is to replace the fuel filter and run a can of Pro-tech through, as said pro-tech is far better than any other.

On cars where the fuel filter is in the engine bay you could just drain the fuel off and fill it with pro-tech for maximum results but on the J you have to put it in the tank but make sure you do when you put fuel in so it mixes with the fuel.

I used a can last week and I drove up to Ellesmere Port and back did 510 miles in total and when I got home I still had 200 miles in the tank.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Will get it changed next week. We're do I get this fuel system cleaner from ?
I'm lucky there is a chap about 4 miles away who sales it but other than that eBay mate.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
What I have noticed is that sitting and driving through traffic it's fine runs and idles smooth, it's just when you do fast driving and stop.

Going to change the filter and run a cleaner through it as suggested.
(8:th-Oct-2014, 22:30:46)tucpal Wrote: it wont hurt to change the fuel fitter just in-case
a few have talked about blanking the EGR
but as yet i dont think anyone has done it on the J
it was a popular mod on the H

Hi bro,

I have Astra J GTC 2.0 Cdti , type of engine A20DTH, I want to replace the fuel pressure regulator valve (SCV), do I need to reprogram the new part after replacement?

Thank you!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rough idling + knock isuses Slogicus 1 2,704 19:th-Jul-2019, 07:38:01
Last Post: Rusty2009