Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
950 nav

Nav 950
hi is retrofitting a Nav950 ieasy enough and can i keep my DAB and USB (currently have cd400)
Easy if you can program it and know the wiring changes needed.

in regards with the USB the USB goes directly into the back of the radio rather than via the module.

If fitting a Navi950 2 data wires need adding to the DAB module so it functions and it has to be the U4D DAB module.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
(22:nd-Jan-2019, 17:25:56)Rusty2009 Wrote: Easy if you can program it and know the wiring changes needed.

in regards with the USB the USB goes directly into the back of the radio rather than via the module.

If fitting a Navi950 2 data wires need adding to the DAB module so it functions and it has to be the U4D DAB module.

cheers Rusty 
at the moment i am torn between an android unit or holing out for a genuine nav unit if i go fro the nav unit what the price for fitting and coding ?
(22:nd-Jan-2019, 21:08:24)caspyrp Wrote:
(22:nd-Jan-2019, 17:25:56)Rusty2009 Wrote: Easy if you can program it and know the wiring changes needed.

cheers Rusty 
at the moment i am torn between an android unit or holing out for a genuine nav unit if i go fro the nav unit what the price for fitting and coding ?

Cost to fit & code is £280.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
a few owners have replaced their aftermarket radios with the Navi950 because it's so much better
(24:th-Jan-2019, 09:51:52)vocky Wrote: a few owners have replaced their aftermarket radios with the Navi950 because it's so much better

had a look around and  no 950 unis  on ebay ?
do they come up often are are they a rare commodity
They are hard to come by when you see one grab it.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
£320 on ebay - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VAUXHALL-ASTR...SwRWZcPA1h
(25:th-Jan-2019, 10:14:08)vocky Wrote: £320 on ebay - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VAUXHALL-ASTR...SwRWZcPA1h

i did see that one but wasn't sure about the screen ?
bit curious why it was missing the fascia
(27:th-Jan-2019, 20:23:15)caspyrp Wrote:
(25:th-Jan-2019, 10:14:08)vocky Wrote: £320 on ebay - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VAUXHALL-ASTR...SwRWZcPA1h

I presume it the fascia that goes round the screen.
(27:th-Jan-2019, 20:49:51)marktourino Wrote:
(27:th-Jan-2019, 20:23:15)caspyrp Wrote:

I presume it the fascia that goes round the screen.

i tried to ask the seller if they had the fascia but there not taking messages from ebay so probably going to wait for a complete kit 
yes they have taken the screen surround off, you can buy them from gps or dealer.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Hi I’ve just added a dab unit u4d module to my navi950 but nothing do I need to do a update ?
(13:th-May-2019, 13:07:41)Rikfields1971 Wrote: Hi I’ve just added a dab unit u4d module to my navi950 but nothing do I need to do a update ?

Yes the radio needs programming so it knows it has DAB.

Vauxhall will charge you £175 in programming costs alone.

I charge £110 via the post.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S