Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
some time my hasn worked for t start stop

My Stop start hasn't worked for some time
Hi,
My Stop start hasn't worked for some time, it will occasionally work once after a long run.
Will charging the battery help?
Is this charger OK for a 2012 2.0 CDTI start stop battery?

Batteries - Black/Yellow

Thanks
Confused. All I see is a link to Amazon, but no other text.
My stop start didnt work even single time for 5 months since bought the car 2nd hand. car even behaved differently ,sometime didnt start on a warm engine, turns out its was faulty battery giving wrong voltages and causing different issues .
Got new battery and all problems solved.Start stop works like a charm but i mostly disable it .
Battery was almost 4.5 years old .
I wouldnt personally worry about changing battery just for the sake of start stop unless you want or if it gives you more problems .Depends how old is the battery as charger will not do much in the case of old Agm battery.
(26:th-Feb-2019, 12:16:51)Big Dave2 Wrote: Confused. All I see is a link to Amazon, but no other text.

sorry but i see text?
I removed the formatting from you post so everyone can read the post.

There are many factors at play for stop/start to work if your doing a lot of town work you may find it won't work very often at all.

This will be a good read for you and any one else with s/s who wonder why it doesn't work at times.

https://workshop-manuals.com/vauxhall/as...operation/

In terms of putting charge into the battery you should isolate the battery from the car before hand otherwise you risk causing damage to systems in the car like the BCM & ECU.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  opel astra j keyless entry and remote start stop onurody 3 5,392 11:th-Sep-2021, 15:57:59
Last Post: SbVampire
  ECO button connector diagram (start/stop) aurega 1 8,181 4:th-Nov-2018, 15:06:37
Last Post: Rusty2009
  Climating module start RaduRek 2 6,623 21:st-Jan-2017, 07:03:39
Last Post: RaduRek

Who read this thread?
1 User(s) read this thread:
Craig_Marvin (26:th-Apr-2024, 18:11:22)