Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
towbar wiring

Towbar Wiring
Hi All

Im just in process of fitting a Towbar (non Vauxhall) to Astra J Hatch 2013 and could do with some advice on the wiring. I have a bypass relay to avoid problems with cars electrics which states it needs a permanent live feed that is not feeding anything else. Is there a connection in the boot area I can use to avoid dragging everything back to front of the care that is suitable?

I believe there maybe a socket in the rear just for a trailer so could that be used and if so where is it.

Hope you can help.

Thanks

Stanna
Hi, the search bar at the top would help you locate what you wanted.

https://www.vxoc.org.uk/forum/Thread-tow...ght=towbar

In this thread is details on factory and aftermarket.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Cheers Rusty

It looks like im fitting the same bypass as yours. Did you manage to get all the connections done in the boot area then using part of the factory fit towing plug?

Cheers
Yes wires can be tapped into in the boot.

I've since pulled the aftermarket kit out and fitted the full factory kit (with custom looms made).
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
any reason you changed the setup Rusty?
retrofitted = DAB+, GM dog guard, GM reversing camera
(18:th-Jan-2019, 15:11:31)niteram Wrote: any reason you changed the setup Rusty?

a few.

1. the bypass kept beeping when going over a bump or whenever I was in the fuse-board area which was annoying.

2. I'd rather have factory fitted it works better & I don't get the annoying beep beep when a towbar is hooked up.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Update.

Job done. Didnt have the towing module in the back so just wired in the bypass and took feed from a spare fuseway in the glovebox.
Found it easier to pull the rear lights and trace the right connection from the bulb to the wire in the plug. Dead easy.

Cheers for the help all working.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  cd500 navi screen wiring livo 3 1,774 26:th-May-2021, 12:12:26
Last Post: livo
  Reverse Camera Wiring johnaros 4 3,135 12:th-Aug-2020, 08:07:56
Last Post: Rusty2009

Who read this thread?
2 User(s) read this thread:
Arkanggel10 (28:th-Mar-2024, 18:48:36), greg848484 (15:th-Jun-2023, 07:26:18)